Bulldogsman's 2011 phantom (2nd attempt)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 28, 2007
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was going to do a number of other things, like a rating system and what not. I just ran out of time in the end.

1st round

PICK 1 – GWS - John Patton (Eastern Ranges)

Height: 197cm Weight: 100kg Age 18
Tall forward
Tall, athletic power forward that loves to take a contested grab. Quick on the lead and can crash a pack. Really good contested mark and is pretty good at ground level for someone his size. Reads it pretty well and times his leads well. Is an okay kick and kicks his fair share of goals. Pretty quick and has good endurance for a big guy. Works hard and puts in even when things aren’t going quite so well for him. Does the team things, which is good to see from a young forward. Can be a little inconsistent but this shouldn’t be a big worry. I expect him to play most games next year probably more so for development sake. He’s a really nice size already at 100kg. Could do with some more work on his kicking.

Why: He should work well with Josh Bruce and Izzy Falou. They need power forwards and he's the best of them.
Considered: Stephen Coniglio but either one it doesn’t matter.

PICK 2 – GWS - Stephen Coniglio (Swan Districts)
Height: 182cm, Weight: 76kg Age: 17
Small Midfielder
Stephen is quick goal kicking midfielder that can play inside or outside. He wins clearances and regularly bursts clear of the pack. Can also play up on the forward line and can be just as dangerous. He has good pace and can break away from packs. He has very good endurance and works really hard. Really good user of the ball and makes good decisions with it. Quite simply the best midfielder in the draft with no obvious flaws in his game. Was simply outstanding at the U18 championships.

Why: Next best available. Need outside run.
Considered: No one. No doubting these two are the best of the draft.

PICK 3 – GWS - Dom Tyson (Oakleigh Chargers)
Height: 186cm Weight: 82kg Age: 18
Medium Midfielder
Dom is midfielder that possesses both very good inside and outside game. My favourite player of this year’s draft, the more I watch the more I love. Just a real footballer, doesn't have great athletic qualities but makes up for it with smarts. Wins his own ball then disposes of it exceptionally well. He is exceptional under pressure and it's not often he makes the wrong decision. Can always find a bit time. He's pretty good on his opposite foot also and has very good vision. Works really hard and can find a bit of space and time. Very good tackler. Very clean hands. Has good size for a midfielder also. Liken him a bit to Scott Pendlebury (not quite the same), can win a clearance then be damaging on the outside. If I could find a fault it would be to improve his speed.

Why: Best available. Like GC, GWS need to build a good a good midfield around them. They have a good young group of midfielders already in Shiels, Treloar,and Hampton. Dom will be able to add to that group. He will compliment that group along with Scully, Ward and Palmer. He’s been my number 3 pick since the champs anyway and I see no reason to change it.
Considered: Buntine.

PICK 4 – GWS - Matthew Buntine (Dandenong Stingrays)

Height: 189cm Weight: 84kg Age 18
Medium Defender
Matthew is a defender that reads the play really well and gives excellent rebound. Can shut down opponents whether it be tall or small. He can also play in the midfield or up forward but is more effective down back. He’s a really good kick of the ball and handballs well. He’s very courageous and has the ability to cut off attacks. He’s a good overhead mark and good at ground level. Has real leadership potential. He’s just a real footballer and worthy of a top 5 pick even though he had a poor champs series by his standards. I think he will start in the back line from round 1 next year.

Why: Best Available. Buntine was the next best available IMO and GWS need quality backman. I see a heap of value in players that can play tall and small.
Considered: Chad Wingard, Billy Longer.

PICK 5 – GWS - Chad Wingard (Sturt)
Height: 182cm Weight: 77kg Age 18
Small Midfielder
Classy midfielder that can have an impact up forward or in the midfield. Can play inside or outside. Very clean and can take a courageous mark. He's a very good kick and shows some poise. Pretty nice pace, but won't break any lines with it. Very good around the stoppages and can kick some very nice goals up forward. Gets belted around a bit, will need to put on a bit more weight. Could still have an impact next year up forward but would be inclined to hold him back to start off with. Needs to improve his endurance as I’ve noticed he can run out of a bit of puff. His draft combine results back me up with a poor beep test recording.

Why: Best Available. Wingard provides a bit more class into an already good midfield. I think he could be a forward option for them to start off with.
Considered: Billy Longer and Will Hoskin-Elliot. Hoskin Elliot is a safer option ahead of Wingard, but Wingard has more potential. Longer is considered on a needs basis.

PICK 6 – Port Adelaide - Will Hoskin-Elliot (Western Jets)
Height: 186cm Weight: 73kg Age: 18
Medium Midfielder
Will is a quick midfielder that can play inside or outside. Probably more the outside player but can win his fair share of contested ball. Can play as a forward and kick goals. He has clean hands and rarely fumbles. Uses the ball really well and makes the good decisions. He is a good mark overhead and tackles well enough. Reads the play really well and is able to link up. He has superb endurance and he tested pretty well in the repeat sprints. Should play next year on the half forward line and wing where he can use his run.

Why: Best Available. Port are really in dire need for midfielders both inside and outside. Hoskin-Elliot has a bit of toe and is a fairly safe option for Port.
Considered: Greene, Longer, Sumner and Adams. I think Hoskin-Elliot is the pick of the bunch. Port could use a ruckman, but Midfielders should be a bigger demand for them.

PICK 7 – GWS - Billy Longer (Northern Knights)
Height: 201cm Weight: 98kg Age 18
Ruckman
Best ruckman in the draft that can go forward. Genuine No 1 ruck. Very nice size already and he could have an impact next year. Tap work is very good, has no trouble tapping it down to his mids with either hand. Terrific 2nd efforts and is quite good around the ground. He’s good below his knees and can take a strong grab. Up forward he can look quite dangerous, has some speed and shows some smarts. Has some leadership potential also, he can be seen directing team mates. His kicking and at times vision could do with some improvement, but that will come with time. Overall a very good ruck prospect.

Why: Needs. There ruckman really aren't that good. Giles will turn out to be a B grade ruckman at best, the rest of them on their list have struggled. I originally had him at 5, but I think GWS can afford to let him slide to here.
Considered: Greene, Sumner, Adams. I think Longer should be taken here. They can’t afford to let Brisbane take him.

PICK 8 – Brisbane - Toby Greene (Oakleigh Chargers)
Height: 181cm Weight: 76kg Age: 18
Small Midfielder
Toby is a tough inside midfielder that makes really good decisions and is good at the clearances. Hard worker and runs hard both ways. Wins a lot of the ball and attacks it pretty hard. Uses it well by hand and foot. Good hands. Very good at winning the contested ball, but can also find the ball in space. He’s fairly composed in heavy traffic and can create extra time. I think Toby is worth a top 10 selection given the emphasis on wining the clearances and contested ball. He is Elite in this area and one of the best in the draft. Could play next year and have an impact.

Why: Best available. With Power retiring, Rischitelli gone, Adcock playing mostly in the back line and Black nearing the end Brisbane need midfielders. They already have some good ones in Rockliff, Redden and Rich to go along with promising youngsters in Polec, Green. I think a bit more grunt is needed and I think he suits Brisbane.
Considered: Liam Sumner, Taylor Adams. Toby I think is the pick of them though

PICK 9 – GWS - Liam Sumner (Sandringham Dragons)
Height: 178cm Weight: 71kg Age: 18
Small Midfielder
Liam is a quick midfielder that breaks in the lines and uses the ball well. He’s a very damaging player that doesn’t need many possessions to impact the game. He has good hands at ground level and is a good mark overhead. Looks pretty agile and is very quick(tested very well in both areas as endurance) . Tackles pretty strongly surprisingly. Really needs to work harder and win more of his own ball. He has shown potential in these areas though. May be able to play next year and make some form of impact but he will take a number years before he consistently impacts the game. A Dale Thomas comparison seems about right to me.

Why: Best available. GWS need more speed and players to feed the ball out to. Could go higher then this.
Considered: Adam Tomlinson, Taylor Adams, Nick Haynes, Sam Docherty, Devon Smith.

PICK 10 - GWS – Nick Haynes (Dandenong Stingrays)

Height: 192cm Weight: 78kg Age: 19
Medium Forward
Nick can play in a number of positions but is probably better suited to a half forward role. Has really come on this year and I think he was very unlucky to not make the team of the year in the TAC. Can also play in the midfield and the back line. Really good contested mark and has that running capacity which makes him tough to play on (tested very well here). He has really agile and has nice pace. His kicking is good, decision making could do with a little improvement. Good tackler for such a slender frame. Still really skinny and will need time to bulk up.

Why: Best available. Will add a different dimension to GWS forward line. I always thought he would be a good fit for GWS for some reason.
Considered: Hayden Crozier, Brandon Ellis, Sam Docherty, Taylor Adams, Devon Smith.

PICK 11 - GWS - Adam Tomlinson (Oakleigh Chargers)
Height: 193cm Weight: 88kg Age: 18
Tall Utility
Athletic tall that can play forward, back or even do a job in the midfield. He is quite capable of shutting good players down and at times rebounding well. His kicking is good and is a reliable decision maker. He is quite athletic for a big bloke and tested fairly well for endurance and 20m sprint time. Impressed with his finals series and has really come up my rankings as a result. Underrated him before. He still has quite a bit of upside still to come. I’d like to see him back himself a little more but he is very reliable player which you can count on.

Why: Needs. Tomlinson can fill a number of roles for GWS. I don’t think Tomlinson is a top 10. outside the top 10 I don’t have a problem with.
Considered: Sam Docherty, Hayden Crozier, Brandon Ellis, Taylor Adams , Devon Smith.

PICK 12 – Brisbane - Sam Docherty (Gippsland Power)
Height: 185cm Weight: 83kg Age: 17
Medium Defender
Sam is a half back that is really quick and has good skills even in pressure situations. Can break the lines and deliver the ball pretty well. He has a very high intensity level which makes him good defensively especially in his tackling game. Reads the play well and can get truck load of possessions off half back. He’s a good mark and can cut off attacks. I’m of the opinion that recruiters should pay more attention to these hbf’s. With the way the games been played now, it’s important to have player’s that can rebound well and be able to run through the forward press. Docherty does both well, so he should be in high demand IMO.

Why: Best available. I’m not ashamed to admit that I rate Docherty higher than most. I think Brisbane need some speed and half back options too. McGrath is getting on in age, Drummond is consistently injured and Raines is not a great user of the pill. I think Docherty could perhaps push up on to the wing as well and give them some leg speed.
Considered: Nick Haynes, Devon Smith, Elliot Kavanagh, Sam Frost, Fraser McInnes, Shane Kersten, Todd Elton. Went with the best available approach, I think it’s too early to take one of the taller players. They should be hoping for Longer or Tomlinson to slip to them.

PICK 13 - GWS - Devon Smith (Geelong Falcons)
Height: 174cm Weight: 76kg Age 18
Small Midfielder/forward
Small midfielder that can go forward and kick goals. Very hard worker and is pretty quick. Good tackler and applies good defensive pressure. Racks up plenty of the ball. Good overhead mark for a player of his size. He has good skills and decision making. Tested very well for pace, endurance and agility. Should be able to come in and play a role as a small forward next year.

Why: Best available. GWS I believe need more speed and goal kicking options. He’s ready to go next year too.
Considered: Brandon Ellis, Hayden Crozier, Taylor Adams. Smith just edges out Adams for the last midfield spot, I like him better because of his speed.

PICK 14 – GWS - Brandon Ellis (Calder Cannons)
Height: 181cm Weight: 83kg Age 18
Small defender/mid
Tough defender with elite hand and foot skills. Strong one on one and attacks the contest hard. Reads the play really well and can cut off attacks with a strong courageous mark or punch. Strong tackler. Not limited to defence, but this is probably his best position. He tested fairly slow when taking off, but he’s actually quite quick when he gets going (top 87% in the repeat sprints). He has very good endurance also, meaning he’s likely to push into the midfield. Performed really well this year in both the TAC cup and the champs, being rewarded All Australian in both competitions. Having spoken to him personally I can say that he’s a quality individual. Ready to play straight away.

Why: Best available. I think Ellis could play in quite a few positions, I don’t believe he’s just limited to defence. I think GWS need defenders anyway and I think Ellis can play from round 1 along with Buntine. I’ve gone with players with a good attitude too for GWS.
Considered: Hayden Crozier, Taylor Adams, Elliot Kavanagh, Todd Elton, Shane Kersten, Sam Frost, Fraser McInnes. I was a bit puzzled with GWS last selection. I think they probably have enough mids though. My dilemma was more should they go tall or take a risk with Crozier. I wasn’t overly happy with the talls on offer at this point though and I think GWS might go the safe option.

PICK 15 – Richmond - Taylor Adams (Geelong Falcons)
Height: 179cm, Weight: 80kg Age: 18
Small Midfielder
Taylor is a tough inside midfielder that wins a lot of the ball and uses it well. Footballer first. Really strong player, will stand up well in tackles and will deliver strong tackles himself. He has clean hands at ground level and is a good mark. Can go forward and kick goals. He isn’t really quick (has a good 10m burst tho) but makes up for it with hard work. He has leadership potential and I hear is a great role model at Geelong. Just a real solid footballer that could have an impact later on next year.

Why: Best available. Taylor is one I think Hardwick will really like. He’s hard at it and uses it pretty well. He should fit in fairly well with Martin, Cotchin, Foley and Co.
Considered: Hayden Crozier, Elliot Kavanagh. Found it tough to choose between these guys. Richmond lack a good medium forward and Crozier is quality. Given Kavanagh’s injury concerns I decided to pass him up and Crozier is a risk. Adams is the safer option and he’s a player Richmond would love.

PICK 16 – Fremantle - Elliott Kavanagh (Western Jets)
Height: 185cm Weight: 75kg Age: 18
Medium Midfielder
An inside/outside midfielder that would’ve probably been in the top 10, if not for injury. Had a few hammy troubles this year so I think he will slip due to injury risk. Clubs wouldn’t like these soft tissue injuries much I wouldn’t have thought. Very good sized midfielder and is a very hard worker. He has very good skills and decision making. He is a really strong mark overhead and is clean enough at ground level. Loves to win the contested ball and is very courageous. Thought he would test better, only really the 3km time trial was good (along with kicking test).

Why:
Best available. I think Freo will be hoping one midfielder will slip through and Kavanagh is quality. He has some injury concerns though and given Freo have had a bad run with injury it’s not ideal. I found him too tough to pass up on though.
Considered: Hayden Crozier, Mitch Grigg, Seb Ross, Shane Kersten, Todd Elton. I expect Freo to go tall at pick 20 so I left them out. Crozier I found tough to pass on. I wanted more of an inside player for Freo though and Kavanagh was the best of them.

PICK 17 – Western Bulldogs - Hayden Crozier (Eastern Ranges)
Height: 185cm Weight: 68kg Age: 18
Medium Utility
Quick medium forward with an amazing leap. Can also play as a midfielder or across half back. Can take mark of the year and probably did at the champs. He’s a very good contested mark for a player of his size. Very quick and agile (tested very well). He’s a very good kick and makes good decisions with the ball. Can kick a wonderful goal also. At the moment he is very inconsistent and very skinny. His endurance is not a problem though (tested well). I see this as a good sign.

Why: Best available. I think Crozier is a good fit for the dogs. Dogs need speed and players that can use the ball really well. Crozier does this and he can fill a hole for us in a number of areas.
Considered: Daniel Markworth, Seb Ross, Mitchell, Grigg, Alex Forster, Sam Frost, Todd Elton. Crozier was best available. Markworth is a good alternative and Ross is a good inside/outside midfielder

PICK 18 – North Melbourne - Todd Elton (Dandenong Stingrays)
Height: 197cm Weight: 92kg Age: 18
Tall forward/ruckman
Todd is a tall forward that could play the 2nd ruck role. He has a bucket load of potential, but at this stage he doesn’t have a lot to show for someone of his talent. Strong overhead mark and is good below his knees. Can take a contested grab. He is a good user of the ball and a very long kick. He is quick for a big guy, agile and he has a pretty big leap (tested very well). At this stage of his career I wouldn’t call him very footy smart, he doesn’t always lead to the right areas or go to the right areas. Will take some time and may end up as a backman early on in his career. Should still end up as a forward though. Could do with some more work on his endurance, didn’t test very well here.

Why: Needs. I think with Petrie nearing the end, North needs a tall forward. Elton has big potential and could be anything. He plays rather similar to Petrie as well.
Considered: Daniel Markworth, Shane Kersten, Alex Forster, Brad McKenzie. I was looking for a running backman/outside mid, but I wasn’t happy with the available options here. I wasn’t happy with McKenzie’s testing and while Forster is ok I decided to go with a tall option considering what was on offer. I think North would be hoping for Ellis or Docherty to slip.

PICK 19 – Essendon - Daniel Markworth (Calder Cannons)
Height: 191cm Weight: 78kg Age: 19
Medium forward/midfielder
Lead up forward that has shown some ability to play through the midfield. Only fairly new to the game but has shown a lot this year. Was ranked no 1 for goal assists and no 4 on the goal kicking ladder in the TAC cup. Has very good pace, agility and a good leap (tested very well). He can take a contested grab. He’s a good kick and can be quite creative. Decision making is generally good and will only improve. Still has plenty of upside and is still learning the game. Still has a long way to go if he wants to be a midfielder, but I can see him developing there in time.

Why: Best available. Essendon need a bit more speed and Markworth has been linked to here.
Considered: Seb Ross, Mitch Grigg. I wanted an inside midfielder for them, but ended choosing the best available player and plus I think they need some outside run.

PICK 20 – Fremantle - Shane Kersten (South Fremantle)
Height: 191cm Weight: 92kg Age: 18
Tall forward
Shane is a quick, hard leading tall forward that is a good overhead mark and has a nice long boot on him. Plays the FF role well and is an accurate shot on goal. Very quick, he was top 10 in the 20m and repeat sprints at last year’s draft combine. Defensively he could be better and he needs to work harder to try and stay in the game. Goes missing for large chunks of the game. He’s very hard to place as I’m looking back on last year’s notes and going off stats.

Why: Needs. I think with Pavlich now moving into the veteran stages and Freo having no tall forwards on their list they need one.
Considered: Jackson Paine, Sam Frost. I wanted to go tall here and I thought Kersten was the best available player.

PICK 21 – Sydney - Tom Mitchell (Claremont)
Height: 181cm, Weight: 79kg Age: 18
Midfielder
Tom is a tough inside mid that is a lot of the ball and is a very good user of the pill. Sydney father son selection. I would’ve had him in my top 5 so he’s a bit of a steal. He’s good at the clearances and all that. Kicks goals. Good hands and works really hard. He has been injured lately, should play next year and have an impact if he’s injury free.

Why: Father son selection. Will form a nice combination with Kennedy, Jack, Hannebery etc.

PICK 22 – Carlton - Mitchell Grigg (Norwood)
Height: 182cm Weight: 82kg Age: 18
Midfielder
Mitch is an inside midfielder that uses the ball really well. Wins a lot of the ball and makes good decisions with it. Has quite a big kick on him and uses it effectively. Has clean hands and works hard. He’s tough, tackles well and wins a bunch of clearances. Not very good athlete, but he’s a footballer. He has very good endurance and good agility though. Pretty much ready to go straight up.

Why: Best available. Carlton I think could use another inside midfielder. Not sure what’s happened to Mclean. They also have a history of taking the best available player.
Considered: Jackson Paine. I think Carlton could do with a tall forward, but I think it’s too early for taking Paine.

PICK 23 – West Coast - Sam Frost (Sandringham Dragons)
Height: 194cm Weight: 84kg Age: 18
Utility
Athletic tall forward or defender that is good overhead. He could potentially play the 2nd ruck role as well as he does have a nice leap. Super quick and agile for a guy his size. He is a pretty good overhead mark. Really likes to back himself and he has those attacking instincts. He can also play well defensively though. His kicking lacks consistency and he can do some dumb things. Is in and out of the game a fair bit, needs to develop that consistency. Too much gap between his best and worst. Really great potential though and I see him more as a defender.

Why: Needs. West Coast could do with a replacement for Glass. He will take time and he should hopefully be ready for when Glass retires.
Considered: Fraser McInnes, Andrew Boseley.

PICK 24 – Gold Coast - Jordan Lockyer (West Perth)
Height: 192cm Weight: 8k6g Age: 18
Tall defender/forward
Tall defender or forward that attacks the ball extremely hard. A bit undersized to take the key defenders but can play as a 3rd tall. Can go forward and provide a good marking target. He’s pretty strong and can take some very good marks. Really like his aggression. He uses the ball pretty well even when under pressure. He tested really well especially for pace and leap. His agility was also good. Could play as early as next year.

Why: Best Available.
They need a bit of depth in the defensive end with Brown and Bock getting old. He’s not really the ideal replacement for either, but Lockyer will still be good down there. Would like Sam Frost to slip here.
Considered: Fraser McInnes, Andrew Boseley, Jackson Paine. I think they may look for talls at this pick.

PICK 25 – St Kilda - Andrew Boseley (Geelong Falcons)

Height: 192cm Weight: 75kg Age 19
KPD
Very athletic that is very capable of playing on the best full forwards. First and foremost he’s a very good defender, but he also has those attacking instincts. Reads the play quite well and as a result can take few marks off opposition kicks. His kicking does need some improvement, but I believe it can be fixed with a bit of a technique adjustment. He’s also quite skinny and will need a couple years in the gym.

Why: Needs. Saints don’t have much in the way of tall defenders. Fisher is getting old, while Dawson and Walsh have left (Blake delisted?). They need to find replacements.
Considered: Fraser McInnes, Michael Talia, Myles Bolger, Henry Schade. I believe Saints should look for the best available tall.

PICK 26 – Richmond - Alex Forster (Norwood)
Height: 189cm Weight: 77kg Age: 18
Utility
Run and carry type that can play a shut down role in defence. Can also play up forward or in the midfield. Very composed player that boasts very good skills and decision making. Provides good run and carry. He has very clean hands, in the air and on the ground. His speed only tested as average, but he showed very good agility. I think he will find himself on the wing/back flank at AFL level.

Forster could potentially play wherever, which I believe should appeal to Richmond.
Considered: Fraser McInnes, Michael Talia, Henry Schade, Brad McKenzie. I was looking tall here, but I liked the small options available to me better. I strongly considered McKenzie over Forster, but I liked Forster’s versatility.

PICK 27 – Adelaide - Brad McKenzie (Sturt)

Height: 188cm Weight: 76kg Age: 18
Medium Mid
Outside player with elite kicking skills. Can kick it a long way, seen him pin point targets around 65m away. His skills are really a delight to watch especially under pressure. He’s quite creative and makes the right decision. Not very quick so his work rate is super important to him and he does work extremely hard. Has the ability to win the hard ball. Reads the play very well. His hands are good both in the air and at ground level. Needs to improve his tackling and be a bit more defensive at times but he is ok in this area. I had him at pick 14 before the draft combine, but his testing really let me down. Perhaps I’m reading too much into it, but I wasn’t happy with his endurance (especially) and speed times. That’s why I have him sliding and I think it’s possible he could slide further.

Why: Best Available. Adelaide need a few more of these outside midfielder types. They already got Brown
Considered: Fraser McInnes, Henry Schade, Michael Talia, Murray Newman, Seb Ross. It would be good to see the two Talia brothers in defence together, but I chose the best available option. Newman would be a good small forward option here too, but Adelaide need players with great foot skills too. Seb Ross was also highly considered.

PICK 28 – West Coast – Murray Newman (Swan Districts)

Height: 179cm Weight: 69kg Age: 17
Midfielder/forward
Murray is a midfielder that has the ability to find space and use the ball well. Can also play as a small forward and kick goals. Contests really strongly and he has excellent vision. He has pretty good pace and pretty reasonable endurance. He’s very easy to watch and he looks dangerous whenever he’s near it. Will still need to beef up a bit and hopefully will grow a couple more cm’s. Will play as a small forward to start off and then should be able to move into the midfield later on.

Why: Best Available. I think West Coast need a bit more speed, run and a small forward. He might take a couple years to come on, but West Coast can afford to wait with the list they have.
Considered: Zyrus Manson. I considered Manson too high for my liking. Seb Ross was under strong consideration too.

PICK 29 – Fremantle – Josh Bootsma (South Fremantle)
Height: 190cm Weight: ? Age 18
Medium defender
I’ve seen no footage of Josh, but apparently Freo are very keen on him. He’s a great kick and plays half back apparently.

Why: Been rumoured Josh is top 30 prospect. Not really sure how Bootsma plays, but if he could free up Suban to play more time in the midfield it seems to make sense.
Considered: Zyrus Manson, Josh Waldhunter, Fraser McInnes, Jackson Merret, Seb Ross.

PICK 30 – Brisbane - Fraser McInnes (Perth)

Height: 196cm Weight: 93kg Age: 18
Tall defender/forward
Fraser is a key defender or forward that is a nice size and is pretty mobile. Seems to read the play ok and has good skills by foot. I’ve very seen very little footage of him and no live footage so he’s a hard one to gauge. Was injured at the champs.

Why: Needs. With Brisbane going small early, I wanted to go tall here. They have little depth in the way of talls.
Considered: Michael Talia, Henry Schade, Jackson Paine, Myles Bolger. I gave Bolger significant thought here, but I liked Fraser better

2nd round

PICK 31 – Essendon - Sebastian Ross (North Ballarat Rebels)

Height: 187cm Weight: 83kg Age: 18
Midfielder/forward
Seb is a hard working midfielder that has a really nice boot on him. He can also play as a forward and leads up on the wings. He plays both inside and outside but I’d say he’s more inside. He has above average hands above his head and is good at ground level. He is good by foot and hand. Good tackler and puts on good defensive pressure. I had him going late 2nd round before, but I think I underrated him a little. He has some good speed and endurance. He did test better than I thought.

Why: Best Available. Essendon have been reportedly been interested in him and I think there’s some chance that he could go at pick 19 so he’s a good get here.
Considered: Josh Waldhunter, Sam Kerridge, Jackson Merrett, Clay Smith, Myles Bolger, Tom Downiw. While Hirdy said they will target a ruckman in the national draft I’m not sure. Bolger is similar to Bellchambers and Downie is too high for me. Ross is just too good to pass up here anyway, so they should look to the rookie draft.

PICK 32 – Geelong - Thomas Sheridan (Calder Cannons)
Height: 185cm Weight: 76kg Age: 17
Midfielder
Tom is hard working midfielder that can play inside or outside and can pick up a stack of the ball. Very consistent player, he was featured in the bests 11 times out of 15 this year in the TAC. He works really hard both ways. Handball happy, but he doesn’t go overboard with it generally. He is a good kick and makes good decisions with it. He is good mark and good at ground level. Needs to hit the scoreboard more often. All in all Tom is a really solid footballer. He has nothing really special about him, but he is just a really consistent player that will run all day (tested awesome for endurance).

Why: Best Available. Geelong can look to the best available player. Could be a replacement for Joel Corey.
Considered: Michael Talia, Jackson Paine, Henry Schade, Myles Bolger.

PICK 33 – Hawthorn - Jackson Merrett (Geelong Falcons)
Height: 187cm Weight: 70kg Age 18
Utility
Medium sized midfielder that loves to run and carry the ball. Can also play forward or back. Has a big work rate and just has that ability to a find space. Can play on the inside, but is better utilized on the outside. Uses the ball well, but I wouldn’t call him elite. He is ok above his head and good at ground level. Has good pace and fairly good endurance (tested well). Really skinny at the moment and will need a year or two.

Why: Best Available. I think they need a bit more speed and Jackson can be pretty flexible with where he plays.
Considered: Henry Schade, Michael Talia, Josh Waldhunter, Clay Smith, Shane Nelson. I think Schade would be a good fit for Hawthorn, but I went with the best available.

PICK 34 – Geelong - Henry Schade (North Hobart)

Height: 196cm Weight: 80kg Age: 17
Tall defender
Tall defender that possesses a reasonable defensive game and gives good run. He’s a very good long kick and has good decision making skills. He’s a ok mark and is good below his knees. He’s very good one on one, I haven’t seen many goals kicked on him. Reads the play pretty well. He’s agile and has good closing speed. Can play on talls and mediums. He’s very good offensively and gives good rebound. Will need time to put on size and bulk. Has a lot of potential, but does need to improve his concentration levels and needs to back himself to take more marks.

Why: Needs. Geelong don’t have a heap in the way of tall defensive depth, only really Gillies as back up and he was thinking of leaving (well supposedly).
Considered: Michael Talia, Myles Bolger, Jackson Paine.

PICK 35 – St Kilda - Jordan Murdoch (Glenelg)
Height: 189cm Weight: 82kg Age: 19
Medium forward
Quick forward that’s a good mark on the lead and uses the ball pretty well. Lightning quick evidenced by his 2.76 time over 20m. His ball use is good and he makes smart decisions. He provides good tackling pressure and tackles well. I think Murdoch could be a bit of a bolter come draft day.

Why: Best available. With Lynch being traded they need to find a medium forward. Murdoch fits the bill well.
Considered: Myles Bolger. I couldn’t see Melbourne taking him though.

PICK 36 – Melbourne - Clay Smith (Gippsland Power)

Height: 180cm Weight: 78kg Age: 18
Midfielder

Tough inside midfielder that’s very good at the clearances. Attacks the ball with speed and wins a lot of it. Has a strong work rate, he can link up well and find the ball on the outside a bit too. Strong tackler. Can play forward and use his tackling to great effect. Can take a strong contested mark and kick a few goals. Will give you 110% effort wherever he plays. He’s reasonable kick, but is nothing outstanding and his decision making is okay. Smith tested pretty well, his speed and endurance times were good (endurance very good). Should be able to have an impact next year maybe as a forward where he can use his tackling to lock the ball in the forward line.

Why: Needs. I think Melbourne need some good tough, honest players. I looked for players that could run hard both ways and that loved to tackle. I think Smith fits into Melbourne’s needs well.
Considered: Josh Waldhunter, Sam Kerridge, Shane Nelson.

PICK 37 – St Kilda - Myles Bolger (South Fremantle)

Height: 202cm Weight: 95kg Age 18
Ruckman
Myles is a very good tap ruckman that is hard working and good overhead. Taps it down well to his mids and gives them first use of it. Reads the play pretty well. He’s a footballer, not the greatest athlete. Needs to work on his defensive side a bit, but it’s ok. Has had pretty bad injuries in the past and needs to add bulk. Will take some time, but he will be a solid ruck prospect. Tested pretty bad which is why I have him sliding out of the 1st round.

Why: Best available. With really only McEvoy on their list, they can’t afford to be too choosy. While Bolger is a little bit similar to McEvoy, they need to get some ruck depth.
Considered: Jackson Paine, Tom Downie, Josh Waldhunter, Sam Kerridge, Shane Nelson.

PICK 38 – Hawthorn - Shane Nelson (South Fremantle)

Height: 177cm Weight: 69kg Age: 18
Small Midfielder
Shane is an midfielder that loves to get the contested footy but can also link up well on the outside. He can also play forward or back. Works really hard and runs both ways. He wins a lot of the ball. He has good pace (tested well) and endurance. Just a good solid footballer that you know what you’re going to get each time. Could do with some work on his decision making, but his foot skills are great.

Why: Best available. Adds more speed and depth to an already good midfield.
Considered: Jackson Paine, Josh Waldhunter, Sam Kerridge, Tom Curran, Michael Talia. I looked strongly at a tall defender in Talia, but I’m not sure he really suits Hawthorn. He’s only 192cm and his kicking lacks consistency. Hawthorn already have a few players around this height and rely on players with good skills in defence. I stuck with the best available option.

PICK 39 – Western Bulldogs - Michael Talia (Calder Cannons)

Height: 192cm Weight: 88kg Age: 18
Tall defender
Michael is a tall defender that is a strong mark and provides good rebound from defence. Can also play in the midfield and win his own ball. He is a hard working, strong and competitive player. More suited to the CHB possie where he can use his endurance which is very good for a big guy. Reads it pretty well. He has really improved a lot this year, so he has shown he will do everything possible to make it. Needs to continue to get better defensively and at times polish up on his foot skills as they can be inconsistent. Needs to work on his speed also but it’s ok (I have seen him get found out a bit on the lead at times). He is pretty well developed physically also, so he shouldn’t need a lot of time. I can only see him being a solid AFL defender, which is why I have him sliding.

Why: Best available. With Morris and Lake getting older, dogs need to find a tall defender somewhere. Talia has some family connections with his grandfather playing for them.
Considered: Sam Kerridge, Josh Tynan, Jimmy Webster, Shane Nelson.

PICK 40 – North Melbourne - Joshua Tynan (Gippsland Power)
Height: 185cm Weight: 76kg Age: 18
Medium/small defender
Medium sized defender that provides some run and drive from defence. No slouch defensively, very good in this area and can play on smalls or mediums. Reads the play pretty well and can take a few marks of opposition kicks. He’s pretty good overhead also. His kicking is pretty good and makes good decisions with the ball. He has a bit of pace but really could work a bit more on his endurance. Would like to see him get a bit more of the ball.
Why: Needs. I think North would really like Tynan. He can do some really good defensive jobs on the smaller players while providing some rebound. I don’t think North have much in the way of this
Considered: Sam Kerridge, Jimmy Webster, Shane Nelson. Considered Webster pretty hard, they need some outside run and he can play half back as well. Nelson was under strong consideration too.

PICK 41 – Adelaide - Sam Kerridge (Bendigo Pioneers)

Height: 188cm Weight: 86kg Age: 18
Midfielder
Sam is a midfielder with a good burst of pace. He wins a lot of the ball and quite a lot of clearances. He is a strong mark overhead and good at ground level. Has the ability to go forward and kick goals. He’s a very hard worker and tackles well. Tested really well for endurance. Gives those repeat efforts. Does need to tidy up his disposal a bit, but looks to be a very promising talent. Could play up forward for start off with.

Why: Best available. Goal kicking midfielders are what I think Adelaide need. They also need players that are good around the clearances so I think this makes Kerridge a great fit for Adelaide.
Considered: Josh Waldhunter, Jimmy Webster, Michael Bussey, Tom Curran. I was looking for Tall defenders at this pick, but there was none I really liked this high. Considered going with the local boy in Waldhunter over Kerridge.

PICK 42 – St Kilda - - Josh Waldhuter (Central District)

Height: 183cm Weight: 84kg Age 18
Midfielder
Inside midfielder that attacks the ball at pace. Really hard at it and tackles extremely well. He’s a good penetrating kick of the ball and his decision making is ok. He has clean hands. Very good inside midfielder, but I think he focuses on the contested stuff too much. Needs to improve his outside game a bit, so he can utilize his foot skills a little more. I was impressed with his speed and agility testing. His endurance testing has him going lower than originally thought.

Why: Best available.
With the Saints going fairly tall, I wanted to give them another midfielder. I was looking for a goal kicking midfielder, but there’s none I really like this far down. I think Waldhunter could give them something on the inside though. Armitage hasn’t really been that good and Steven is only young.
Considered: Jackson Paine, Tom Curran, Jimmy Webster. I was thinking of going for a tall forward here.

PICK 43 – Sydney - Jackson Paine (Sandringham Dragons)

Height: 191cm Weight: 92kg Age: 18
Tall forward
Strong marking tall forward that is really good on the lead. Can also play in the midfield and pick up a bit of the ball. Can take a contested grab. He’s good at ground level and uses the ball well. Hard worker and does the little things like 1%’s and tackles. Speed is ok and looks agile enough for a big bloke. He’s already a nice size.
Why: Best available. I’m not sure if Spangher and Everitt have long term futures, in fact I really don’t think they do. While White has shown some potential, he still has a fair way to go and is no guarantee. They also need to find a replacement for Goodes. Paine is a good option for them.
Considered: Julian Dobosz, Tom Curran. I looked at talls as there are reasonable ones available.

PICK 44 – Carlton - Tom Curran (Oakleigh Chargers)
Height: 193cm Weight: 90kg Age: 18
Tall forward/defender
Tom is a key position forward or defender that has strong hands above his head. He’s a bit of a swingman. He will often be switched back and forth depending on needs. He is good on the lead and loves a contest. Very strong in the air and uses the ball pretty well. The disappointing thing about him is he’s a little slow, but this could be due to an injury he sustained. I like him as a forward.

Why: Needs. Carlton I think should take a tall forward somewhere down the line. Waite is getting on in age, Jamison is not that good up forward and O’Hailpin is gone. I realise they have young Mitchell on their list, but I think one more is required.
Considered: Julian Dobosz, Flecther Roberts, Elliot Yeo, Courtney Hylton, Steve Rusca. Given this is Carlton’s last pick of the draft I went with needs. I looked for a Heath Scotland replacement off half back or a tall forward.

PICK 45 – Port Adelaide - Cameron Ellis-Yolmen (Woodville West Torrens)

Height: 189cm, Weight: 91kg, Age 18
Midfielder
Tall inside midfield that is very physically strong. He’s good at the clearances and has clean hands. He is a pretty good overhead mark and uses the ball fairly well. He is very creative and reads the play well enough. He works hard and tackles well. Tested ok for speed and endurance. Physically he is very much ready to go.

Why: Needs. I think Port really need some grunt. Ellis-Yolmen I thought was the best available inside mid and I think it’s the way they need to go. He’s a really big body already, they need more of this type IMO.
Considered: Jack Crisp, Alex Woodward. I think Port should be hoping one of these is available for their next pick.

PICK 46 – Adelaide - Jack Newnes (Northern Knights)

Height: 184cm Weight: 74kg DOB: 24/02/1993
Utility
Medium midfielder that can also play as a forward or back man. Very composed player that uses the ball really well. Provides good run and has more of an outside game. Hard worker and he has a pretty good engine. He has some pace (tested pretty well in repeat sprints). He has improved a little this year, but he still needs to improve more on doing the hard stuff.

Why: Best available. Jack was the best available and he can play in a number of positions. I see him playing across the half forward line for them.
Considered: Jack Crisp, Alex Woodward, Michael Bussey. Was thinking of going Bussey, but I think it's much too early.

PICK 47 – Brisbane - Tom Downie (North Ballarat Rebels)
Height: 203cm, Weight: 95kg, Age 18
Ruckman
I’ve only seen him once, but he has caught my eye. Ex basketball with a good leap and taps it down to his mids pretty well. Not bad at ground level and is a good mark. He will be a project as he still has a lot to learn but he looks to be a good ruck prospect.

Why: Needs. With Clarke leaving and a couple of the others rucks being delisted, they have very little in the way of ruckman. I see only Hudson and Luey on the main list so they really do need rucks.
Considered: Ben Brown, Leif Cope. I think a ruckman or a tall with their last pick is likely.

PICK 48 – Geelong - Bradley Hill (West Perth)

Height: 179cm Weight: 71kg Age: 18
Midfielder
Super quick midfielder that can run all day. Brother of Stephen and looks to be pretty similar athletically. Tested very well at the draft combine as reported. Not quite the same level of footballing ability but he still does have that potential. I can see him doing run with roles when he first comes in to the AFL, team player. Skills and decision making could do with some improvement. He will take a few years come on.

Why: Best available. I think Geelong need some more speed and outside run. He’s the best available player so it’s an easy decision.
Considered: Julian Dobosz. They could use some more tall forward depth.

PICK 49 – Western Bulldogs - Jimmy Webster (Glenorchy)
Height: 188cm Weight: 74kg Age 18
Midfielder
Quick medium midfielder that is a good user of the football. Can also play off half back or go up forward and have an impact. Takes the game on and uses his speed to good effect. He has good clean hands. Has the ability to play inside and outside. He has had a pretty poor year by his standards, but he’s had a few injury concerns. Needs to bulk up a bit.

Why: Best Available. The bulldogs need some more pace and players that can take the game on. They lack options both in the midfield and back line where Webster could play.
Considered: Jack Crisp. One of the best pressure players in this year’s draft which is something the dogs haven’t been great at. Also considered Elliot Yeo and Simon Turnbridge.

PICK 50 – Collingwood – Simon Turnbridge (GWS)

Height: 191cm Weight: 89kg Age: 18
Medium Forward/defender
Simon was a prelisted player on GWS this year, but was home sick so he returned home. He is a medium forward with really good skills and is a pretty good mark above his head. Athletically he looks pretty good and can get that separation on the lead. He’s very well physically developed too.

While I realise Simon is from Perth, I believe Collingwood have the resources and a number of other things to make Simon feel at home. Western Sydney isn’t the greatest place to live anyway.
Considered: Elliot Yeo, Jack Crisp. Yeo I think would be a good fit with the loss of Davis, Turnbridge is too good to pass up though.

PICK 51 – Port Adelaide - Jack Crisp (Murray Bushrangers)
Height: 190cm Weight: 83kg Age: 18
Medium Forward/defender
Medium forward or defender that would be best known for his chase down tackles. Good tackler and can have big numbers in this area. Beautiful long kick does need to lower his eyes a bit though. He’s normally good overhead and good below his knees also. He tested pretty well for agility, repeat speed and endurance. Puts on a lot of defensive pressure and is probably the best in the draft in this area of the game.

Why: Best available. Port need players that can put on pressure, it was atrocious when I saw them against the dogs. Jack doesn’t give up and I’ve seen him chase down many opponents. I think he’s the best player in the draft when it comes to pressure.
Considered: Julian Dobosz, Ben Brown, Michael Bussey. Considered going tall here, but I think Port really need to go for the best available player.

PICK 52 – Melbourne – Marley Williams (Claremont)
Height: 181cm Weight: 82kg Age: 18
Midfielder/forward
Marley is a classy midfielder or forward that runs and carry’s the football to good effect. Very talented. Has a good long left foot kick and he uses it well. He has good pace and has that evasiveness. He is good at ground level and good in the air for someone his size. Tackles well and is pretty strong. Shows good tackling pressure. Very solidly built. His endurance level will have to be improved.

Why: Best available. With Wonaeamirri and Maric getting delisted, Melbourne could do with some more speed and defensive pressure in the forward line. They could also do with him in the midfield with Scully gone too.
Considered: Elliot Yeo.

PICK 53 – Hawthorn –[FONT=&quot][/FONT] Joel Hamling[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT](Claremont)
Height: 194cm Weight: 78kg Age: 18
Tall Utility
Quick tall forward with a big leap and is a nice mark. He can also play in defence or in the ruck. Can find a bit of the ball and kick goals. Impressed me against Tassie in the U18’s champs, a bit inconsistent though. Pretty skinny at this stage.

Why: Needs. Wanted to go with a tall at one of the Hawks pick and I wanted someone to replace Jordan Lisle. Hamling will take time to come on, but he has a lot of talent.
Considered: Julian Dobosz, Ben Brown, Michael Bussey, Jackson Coleman, Brett O’Hanlon, Ben Brown, Fletcher Roberts. Wanted to go tall here.

PICK 54 – Melbourne – Elliott Yeo (East Fremantle)
Height: 189cm Weight: 76kg Age: 18
Utility
Elliot is a half back flanker that gives good run and carry. He’s very versatile and can also play up forward or in the midfield. He can also play on the smalls or as a 3rd tall defender. He uses the ball ok and does some exciting things. He looks good defensively also. Athletically he shows excellent agility and can dodge his way out. His pace is good and has a big leap too. At times I’d like him to show a bit more composure as he does have good skills.

Why: Needs.
If Yeo can release one of Gysberts or Grimes to the midfield, I think it would be a plus for Melbourne.
Considered: Alex Woodward, Lee Spurr, Jordan Kelly. I was looking for midfield and defensive options, but I thought Yeo was the best available here.

PICK 55 – Richmond – Haiden Schloithe (South Fremantle)
Height: 179cm Weight: 72kg Age: 18
Small forward/midfielder
Haven’t seen him play, but I’ve heard some very good things about him. He has good goal sense and uses the ball well. He has very good pace testing at 2.80 seconds in the 20m sprint. His pressure is also good.

Why: Needs. Richmond have very few small forward options.
Considered: Brett O’Hanlon, Cameron Shenton, Fletcher Roberts, Michael Bussey, Max Duffy, Daniel Farmer, Matthew Jacquier. I looked at mostly medium forward options here and some players with a bit of X factor. Daniel Farmer, O'Hanlon and Jacquier were high in my thinking.

PICK 56 – GWS – Julian Dobosz (North Hobart)
Height: 191cm Weight: 82kg Age: 19
Tall forward
Julian is a full forward that reads the flight of the ball really well and is a solid mark. He’s a very accurate shot on goal. He has kicked some big bags of goals. Only new to the game, but he looks like a very good prospect for a full forward. Still needs improvement in a lot of areas if he is to make the grade especially defensively. Will need a couple of years before he’s ready, he’s still got a lot to learn. Was pretty disappointed by his testing. Only tested at 190.5cm and he tested poor at everything besides the leap. He does seem quick enough on the lead on the football field though.

Why: Best Available. Adds more depth to GWS forward stocks.
Considered: Ben Brown, Jackson Coleman, Fletcher Roberts. Wanted to go a tall here. Considered Brown but they could have pre listed him before if they really wanted him.

PICK 57 – Western Bulldogs – Lee Spurr (Central District)
Height: 185cm Weight: 82kg Age 24
Utility
Really came to my attention in the SANFL grand final where he almost got Central over the line. He can play a bit all over, but I really like him across half back and I think he’s better suited here. He runs hard all day and looks to have a bit of pace. He racks up a fair bit of it and uses the ball pretty well. Can take some really nice marks and looks to have a good leap on him.

Why: Best available.
Really need runners from defence with Murphy, Hargrave and Gilbee getting on. Could be a Hargrave replacement. Bulldogs were looking at a number of mature aged players last year as well, I think there's some chance we will look at another one.
Considered: Jordan Kelly, Haiden Schloithe, Setanta O’Hailpin. With a young forward line I considered O’Hailpin, but I like Spurr here.

PICK 58 – Fremantle – Zyrus Manson (Claremont)
Height: 191cm Weight: 77kg Age 18
Tall forward
Haven’t really fallen for the hype as of yet. You all know about him, high leaping forward that’s kicked a bag of goals up in the Northern Territory. At the moment I question whether he can be a full time footballer and whether he can adapt to city life. It doesn’t really sit well with me and I can’t see him going in the first round or to a Melbourne based club that early in the draft.

Why: Best available. They have taken two tall forwards so far, but Freo don’t really have a lot in the way of tall forwards and Zyrus I’m tipping will take a while to adapt anyway.
Considered: Alex Woodward, Mark Hutchings, Zac Dawson. I was probably looking to land Schloithe here.

PICK 59 – Essendon – Ben Brown (Glenorchy)
Height: 199cm Weight: 93kg Age: 18
Tall forward/Ruckman
A Kurt Tippett type forward that can play in the ruck. He has very good hands both in the air and at ground level looks to have come from a basketball background no doubt. For a big fella he has nice pace, skills, size and a very nice leap on him. He won’t be a number 1 ruck at AFL level, but should be be able to play the 2nd ruck role. He will need a few years to come on but he looks a very nice talent this late in the draft. Has had a fair few injury troubles.

Why: Needs. I decided to go for a ruck/forward here as Hirdy has come out and said they need a ruckman. They only have 3 on their list
Considered: Haiden Schloithe, Alex Woodward. Considered Schloithe here as Essendon could use another small forward.

PICK 60 – St Kilda – Jordan Kelly (Dandenong Stingrays)
Height: 191cm Weight: 81kg Age: 18
Tall defender
Tall defender that is very good defensively and provides rebound out of defence. Seems to be more suited to the medium forwards at this stage. He is a good kick and makes good decisions with the ball. He is a good mark and can take a few contested marks. Moves pretty well and reads the play well enough. Can shut really good players out of the game and I think he could play later on next year.

Why: Best available. I think Kelly suits the Saints and they really don’t have a great deal of tall defensive depth. I think I read Blake was delisted? Fisher is getting older and Dawson has just left. Kelly is a solid option this late in the draft.
Considered: Michael Bussey, Jackson Coleman, Jack Frost, Justin Clarke, Fletcher Roberts. There’s a few talls left and I strongly considered going for Ben Brown.

PICK 61 – Sydney – Xavier Richards (Sandringham Dragons)
Height: 194cm, Weight: 86kg Age: 18
Tall Defender/forward
Xavier is an athletic tall defender that is very quick and agile. He can also play up forward and is pretty good on the lead. Nice overhead mark. He attacks the ball hard and tackles really well. His defensive work is pretty good. He has a lot of upside and could play at either end of the ground.

Why: Needs. Brother of Ted. They really need some more tall defenders with Bolton retiring and his brother Ted does struggle at times.
Considered: Damien Mascitti, Daniel Farmer, Cameron Shenton, Brett O’Hanlon, Justin Clarke, Jack Frost, Courtney Hylton, Steve Rusca, Darren Minchington. Was looking for a running defender or small forward originally but Swans seem keen on this guy.

PICK 62 – Carlton - Dylan Buckley (Northern Knights)
Height: 183cm Weight: 69kg Age: 18
Midfielder/forward
A pretty light midfielder but fairly hard at it. Father son option for Carlton that was being talked up as a 1st round pick. Been injured a lot this year though. Has pretty good pace and skills. Haven’t seen a lot of him, but definitely needs to put on a lot more weight.

Why: Father Son selection. He will take a while as he is fairly skinny. Will maybe play at half forward and switching in the midfield.

PICK 63 – West Coast – Ashton Hams (Rookie Upgrade)

PICK 64 – Adelaide – Michael Bussey (Eastern Ranges)
Height: 197cm Weight: 80kg Age: 18
Tall defender
Athletic tall defender that can play just about anywhere from midfield, forward, back or ruck. See him as more a defender as that’s where I think he impacts the most. He has good skills, needs to improve some of his decision making at times. He’s a good mark above his head and can take a contested grab. Has all the attributes to be successful at the next level but I’m not sure how badly he wants it. Doesn’t impose himself enough, needs to work harder and gives silly free kicks at times. His head just isn’t in it some days.

Why: Needs. First Bock, now Davis. Rutten is also getting older so they could use some tall defenders.
Considered: Alex Woodward, Jack Frost, Nathan Blee, Justin Clarke, Steve Rusca, Courtney Hylton. Was probably looking more for KPD and there are a few around still.

PICK 65 – Collingwood –
Alex Woodward (Sandringham Dragons)
Height: 175cm Weight: 80kg Age: 18
Midfielder
Was poor at the champs, but had a nice finish to the season in the TAC. Inside midfielder that does his best work around the stoppages. Has fantastic composure in heavy traffic and often creates space and time. Can have some big tackle numbers, just a very good tackler. Is very good by hand and has good vision. Does have his off days in the kicking department, but he’s generally good by foot. Very team orientated, seen him apply blocks, shepherds etc. Tested short and I have some queries over his game which is why I have him going so low. He tested well for speed, but he doesn't use it effectively enough. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him miss out on national draft selection.

Why: Best available. Woodward will add to Collingwoods midfield depth and could apply pressure up forward.
Considered: Steve Rusca, Courtney Hylton. I considered some running defenders for them. Strongly considered Hylton here. Considered re drafting Farmer here too.

PICK 66 – Geelong – Fletcher Roberts (Sandringham Dragons)
Height: 193cm Weight: 82kg Age 18
Tall forward/back
Fletcher is a tall utility that has had a really good end to the year and starred in the Grand Final with 5 goals. Can also play in defence but probably won’t be able to play in the ruck at the next level. Reads the play really well. Very good isolated one out, reads it better and uses his body to great to out mark his opponent. He has good skills and makes good decisions. He was just out of my draft before, but I put him back in after the grand final. Had a good end to the year.

Why: Needs. I think Geelong really need a tall forward, I like Roberts up forward more.
Considered: Jackson Coleman, Brett O’Hanlon, Brad Mangan, Courtney Hylton, Steve Rusca, Leif Cope, Corey Gault, Chris Prowse, Cam Eardley. I was looking more so for a ruckman at this pick especially with the retirement of Ottens. None I really liked and I was hopeful Ben Brown might slip down this far. Cam Eardley is also someone I think would suit Geelong.

Last Rounds

PICK 67 – Collingwood – Jarrod Witts (NSW Scholarship)

PICK 68 – St Kilda – Jackson Coleman (Sandringham Dragons)
Height: 195cm Weight: 91kg Age 19
Tall forward
Big powerful, athletic tall forward that looks like he’s chosen footy over cricket. Can clunk a really nice contested mark. Skills are good for a big fella and uses it well. Nice pace for a big fella. He’s generally a pretty good kick for goal. Only really concentrated on footy this year so has that upside. Can also play in the ruck and could maybe be that 2nd ruckman.
Why: Needs. With Riewoldt and Kosi getting older I think the Saints could go for another tall forward. They have a couple unproven ones on their list, so one more won’t hurt.
Considered: Leif Cope, Corey Gault, Chris Prowse, Nathan Blee, Brad Mangan. Wanted to go tall here.

PICK 69 – Brisbane – Mitch Golby (Rookie Upgrade)

PICK 70 – Western Bulldogs – Matt Panos (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 71 – Fremantle – Mark Hutchings (West Perth)
Height: 180cm Weight: 82kg Age: 20
Small midfielder
Mark I believe was an ex St Kilda rookie. From what I’ve been told he’s had a superb year and improved a lot. I haven’t seen him since 2009 but I really liked him then. He is a tough inside midfielder with excellent endurance, vision and hands. He has really improved his pace over this year too, with a time of 2.83 seconds in the 20m and a quick time in the repeat sprint which would have had him in the top 5 if he was at the draft combine. With his work at the clearances and attack on the ball I’m not sure why he hasn’t been talked up more. He’s still only very young.
Why: Best available. Freo like their mature aged recruits and Hutchings sounds like he’s improved his game and athletic ability. He will add some more grunt to Freo’s midfield.
Considered: Darren Minchington, Max Duffy, Damien Mascitti, Haiden Schloithe. I originally planned to go for a small or medium forward here but I'll leave it for the rookie draft as there should be a fair few in there.

PICK 72 – Fremantle – Zac Dawson (St Kilda) – PSD selection.

PICK 73 – Western Bulldogs – Luke Dahlhaus (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 74 – North Melbourne – Luke Delaney (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 75 – Essendon - Stewert Crameri (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 76 - St Kilda - Cam Eardley (East Fremantle)
Height: 182cm Weight: 74kg Age: 18
Midfielder/defender
Hard working player that just loves the hard stuff. Not afraid to launch himself at the ball and win the contested ball. Very strong tackler. Can play in the backline and do a job. He’s also a pretty good mark and he uses it pretty well. Tested really well in the endurance side of things. Very good defensively.

Why: Best available. Eardley will only ever be a solid player at AFL level, but he's someone that could play a role in a number of areas. A real St Kilda type pick.
Considered: Daniel Farmer, Cameron Shenton, Leif Cope, Chris Prowse, Dylan Riley, Brad Mangan. Strongly considered all of them.

PICK 77 – Hawthorn – Luke Bruest (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 78 – Geelong – Brad Mangan (Weribee)
Height: 190cm Weight: 95kg Age: 20
Tall defender/forward

He kept Fevola and Mitch Hahn goalless in the two finals. Mitch Hahn barely had an impact which is unbelievable considering Williamstown beat Werribee by nearly 100 points. He can play a bit like Dale Morris in a lock down defender role. He looks to have good hands and gets back to help his other defenders. Reads the play very well. His skills are good also. Looks very quick off the mark and can run all day. He played up forward a fair bit as a junior also and he reminded me a bit of Hahn/Rooke. Not overly pretty, but he's very aggressive and leads fairly well.

Why: Needs. Probably more likely to get picked up in the rookie draft, but I can see this guy in Geelong colours. Has a bit of the Max Rooke’s in him. I like that in a player. Good KPP backup for either in the forward line or in defence.
Considered: Damien Mascitti, Daniel Farmer, Cameron Shenton, Jason Williams, Chris Prowse, Leif Cope, Steve Rusca. Was tough to leave out Steve Rusca, I considered him strongly here.

PICK 79 – GWS – Nathan Blee – PSD selection

PICK 80 – Gold Coast – Alex Sexton (Zone Selection)

PICK 81 – Port Adelaide – Matt Suckling - PSD selection

PICK 82 – Adelaide – Aiden Riley (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 83 – Fremantle – Nick Lower (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 84 – North Melbourne – Cameron Pederson (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 85 – Sydney – Nathan Gordan (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 86 – Geelo[FONT=&quot][/FONT]ng - Jed Bews (Geelong Falcons)
Height: 182cm Weight: 78kg DOB: 11/06/1993
Defender
Athletic small defender that can also play on the wing or up forward. Geelong father son option. He has good ball use and shows some composure under pressure. I’d like to see him work harder to get involved a bit more, but he will be a solid player. See him playing in the back pocket on the small forwards.

Why: Father Son selection. Could be a replacement for Enright.

PICK 87 – GWS - Setanta O’Hailpin (Carlton) – PSD selection

PICK 88 – Gold Coast – Jackson Allen (Zone Selection)

PICK 89 – Adelaide – Matt Wright (Rookie upgrade)

PICK 90 – GWS – Sam Milne (Zone Selection)

PICK 91 – Gold Coast – Alex Sexton (Zone Selection)

PICK 92 – GWS – Oliver Tweeddale (Zone Selection)

PICK 93 – GWS – James Brust (Zone Selection)

PICK 94 – GWS – Gibson Turner(Zone Selection)

PICK 95 – GWS – Louis Eggar (Zone Selection)

PICK 96 – GWS – Kevin Williams (Zone Selection)

Summary

Adelaide
Brad McKenzie – mid
Sam Kerridge – mid
Jack Newnes – Utility
Michael Bussey – KPD

Summary: My aim with Adelaide was to find some quality mids, a KPD and a small/mid forward. I especially wanted to find a good clearance player for them, as I have seen them struggle in this area. I also wanted some good outside players with good skill. I think I achieved that with McKenzie and Newnes. Michael Bussey I thought really topped off the draft for Adelaide and I thought was too good to wait for in the PSD. I missed out on a small forward for them, despite Newman being available. I found this to be a tough choice between him and McKenzie, but there should be some good small forwards to rookie. A ruckman and medium sized forward (Gunston replacement) is probably needed.

Brisbane
Toby Greene – mid
Sam Docherty – small/midsized defender
Fraser McInnes – KPD/KPF
Tom Downie – Ruck

Summary: I was generally looking for midfield and tall options for Brisbane’s picks. Greene is probably the best clearance player in the draft. Docherty adds some speed and skill to Brisbane’s defence. McInnes is a much needed tall option that could play up forward or in defence. While Downie is a much needed ruck option, but he is a project. I still think Brisbane need to look at another ruckman in the rookie draft and perhaps another tall.

Carlton
Mitch Grigg – mid
Tom Curran – KPF/KPD
Dylan Buckley – fwd/md

Summary: What Carlton is really lacking is KPF’s. I was hoping Elton or Kersten would slide, so in the end I went with the best available option at pick 1. I then went with Curran who I believe is more of a KPF. I also wanted to find a Heath Scotland back line replacement. Perhaps they should look in the rookie draft and maybe at another ruckman.

Collingwood
Simon Turnbridge – medium fwd/def
Alex Woodward – mid/fwd
Jarrod Witts - ruck

Summary: My aim with Collingwood was to go fairly tall. Witts is a good pick up in the ruck as is Turnbridge. Hopefully Turnbridge can settle into Melbourne, but he’s a good pick on talent. Both Witts and Turnbridge could be 1st rounders on talent. Woodward is a bit of a slider and will add to Collingwood’s midfield depth no doubt. I think they should look for a tall forward in the rookie draft and rookie Farmer too. I’d look for some mature aged options too.

Essendon
Daniel Markworth – fwd/mid
Seb Ross – mid/fwd
Ben Brown – Tall fwd/ruck

Summary: Looked more so to the midfield for Essendon, along with a hardnosed small defender. Was probably looking at someone like Ellis to fall through or even Tynan but it wasn’t to be. They do need an outside option though and Markworth gives them that. Ross is a good inside option, but can also play on the outside. While Brown will be added to Essendon’s tall forward and ruck depth. They don’t have a lot of options in the ruck so he’s a nice pick up. I think Essendon should look for another ruckman, a small forward and lock down defender in the rookie draft.

Fremantle
Elliot Kavanagh – mid
Shane Kersten – tall fwd
Josh Bootsma – medium def
Zyrus Manson – tall fwd
Mark Hutchings- mid
Zac Dawson – tall def – PSD

Summary: With Freo delisting two key forwards and Pavlich nearing the end, I wanted to boost Freo’s tall forward stocks. I think I achieved that with Kersten and Manson. I also wanted to find a tough inside midfielder and Hutchings is it while Kavanagh can also play on the inside but isn’t limited to just that. I wanted a tall defender too and I think Ross Lyon is keen on Dawson. I was also looking for a small/medium forward but there is quite a few unlucky ones that could be taken in the rookie draft.

Geelong
Thomas Sheridan – mid
Henry Schade – KPD
Brad Hill – mid
Fletcher Roberts – KPF/KPD
Brad Mangan – medium/tall def/fwd

Summary: Was looking to go fairly tall given Geelong lost a couple to retirement and a few a getting older. Sheridan was my first pick and he’s not a bad Joel Corey replacement. Schade was my next pick. He will take some time, but Geelong can wait. Hill was the next best available and will give them some more outside run. Roberts I see as a KPF and he could perhaps spend a few minutes in the ruck. Mangan whilst still being young is a bit of back up to the key back and forwards.I really wanted a ruckman for them, but in the end I went with Schade over Bolger. With Ottens and Blake off the list, they could at least do with one in the rookie draft.

Gold Coast Suns
Jordan Lockyer – tall def/fwd
Summary: I was looking at tall options and Lockyer was the best one available.

GWS
John Patton – KPF
Stephen Coniglio – mid
Dom Tyson - mid
Matt Buntine – medium defender
Chad Wingard - mid
Billy Longer - ruck
Liam Sumner - mid
Nick Haynes – medium fwd
Adam Tomlinson – tall utility
Devon Smith - mid
Brandon Ellis – def/mid
Julian Dobosz – KPF
Nathan BleeTall defender - PSD
Setanta O’Hailpin – Tall Utility – PSD

Summary: Wasn’t overly happy with the quality of talls available so I went quite small at the start. I went with a wide variety of smalls and talls as you would expect.

Hawthorn
Jackson Merrett – Utility
Shane Nelson – mid
Joel Hamling – Tall Utility

Summary: I went with two of the best available players to start off with in Nelson and Merrett. Both should be able to give the Hawks some more outside run. I went tall with the last pick in Hamling. He will take time, but he could fill a hole in a few areas.

Melbourne
Clay Smith – mid/fwd
Marley Williams – fwd/mid
Elliot Yeo – Utility

Summary: I went with players that are fairly good defensively, as this is an area I believe Melbourne have struggled in. Smith is an out and out blue collar midfielder or defensive forward. Williams is a small forward/mid that will need to work on his endurance. While Yeo could perhaps release one of Grimes or Gysberts into the midfield. I still think they need more midfielders though.

North Melbourne
Todd Elton – KPF/ruck
Josh Tynan – small/mid defender

Summary: Two areas where I thought the roos were lacking. The tall forward department and running defender department. I think I filled these two areas quite well. Really need to look for some more outside run though.

Port Adelaide
Will Hoskin-Elliot - mid
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen – mid
Jack Crisp – medium fwd/def
Matt Suckling – mid – PSD

Summary: Well Port have a number of areas to fill, but given this draft is very good for midfielders I went with this option. Hoskin Elliot will give them outside run. Ellis Yolmen will give them a big body and a bit of grunt. Suckling will give them some clearance power. While Crisp will also give Port defensive pressure. I think they need to focus more on bigger bodies IMO.

Richmond
Taylor Adams – mid
Alex Forster – Utility
Haiden Schloithe – small fwd/mid

Summary: I went fairly small for Richmond and went with the best available option every time. Adams will give them some more grunt, Forster could play all over the park and Schloithe could play in that much needed small forward role. I also looked fairly closely at tall and medium forwards. A tall defender was also on the cards.

St Kilda
Andrew Bosely – KPD
Jordan Murdoch – medium fwd
Myles Bolger – Ruckman
Josh Waldunter – mid
Jordan Kelly – tall/medium def
Jackson Coleman – KPF
Cam Eardley – mid/def

Summary: Well given the Saints took quite a few speedy flanker types over recent times, I wanted to go fairly tall. I mainly focussed on key backs and ruckman. I was also looking for some small running backman but I didn’t think it was high priority.

Sydney
Tom Mitchell – mid
Jackson Paine – tall fwd
Xavier Richards – KPD/KPF

Summary: After taking Mitchell early, I went fairly tall. I also looked at small running backman and small forwards/mids. I have heard Swans are fairly keen on Richards with their last pick which did influence my pick to a degree. May have looked at a small there.

West Coast
Sam Frost – KPD/KPF
Murray Newman– small mid/fwd

Summary: I thought a small forward was West Coast’s biggest priority and Newman will be a very good player. Frost is also a nice pick up and if he gets it all right he could be one of the best talls in the draft. I also looked at outside mids for West Coast.

Western Bulldogs
Hayden Crozier – mid/fwd
Michael Talia – KPD
Jimmy Webster – mid
Lee Spurr – def/Utility

Summary: Mostly looked for players who can run the ball and use it well. Crozier has massive potential and could fill a number of holes. While Talia isn’t that good by foot, but he’s a solid tall defender that we do need for when Lake retires. Webster has the ability to play both inside and outside so he’s a good pick. Spurr could also play a number of roles. I also looked for a ruckman and more runners that could use the ball well.

Players that missed

Brett O'Hanon - Very unlucky. He was in the 3rd round in my first effort. I went with the more taller options and more versatile options ahead of him though. Given his testing, he will only be limitted to around the half forward region only.

Courtney Hylton - 2nd time he's been unlucky. He was on the radar a few times for different clubs and strongly considered. I like his game.

Steve Rusca - Solid player which clubs might be looking out for coming towards the end of the draft. Pretty unlucky not to make it.

Matthew Jacquier - Medium forward that I like. Tested average, didn't like his endurance time or 20m sprint time. He's still very draftable though.

Damien Mascitti - Medium forward - Plays around the high half forward region and I really like him. His kicking for goal needs work and would like him to be a bit faster. Draftable for sure

Nick O'Brien - Medium forward - Does nothing overly special and tested very poorly for pace. Very limitted.

Cameron Shenton - Medium forward - Goes missing too often and needs get involved more up the ground.

Joel Hamling - Tall forward - Good athletic qualities, pretty inconsistent at the champs. Played a bit all over including ruck. I see him more as a rookie pick, but he's draftable for sure.

Darren Minchington - Mid/forward - Came into the TAC cup late, but I was really impressed with his work. Almost picked him at Freo's pick.

Jai Sheehan - Tall forward - Defensively poor, speed not great.

Lachlan Edwards - Medium forward/defender - Defensively needs work and I'd like to see him work harder a bit more.

Danny Butcher - Outside Mid - Doesn't win enough hard ball and doesn't do enough special things on the outside

Ben Darrou - Tall defender - He's a bit short at one 190cm, he's also very much physically developed.

Hayden Hector - Midfielder - A good shut down player and runs a 16+ beep test. Skills are not great at all though.

Samuel Gordan - Tall forward - Only tested in at 191cm, if he was 197cm as first released then it would be a different story.

Jack Charleston - Small mid/def - Just bombs the ball when under pressure at times. Needs to show more composure and hit up a target as he does have good skills. He's a bit small too.

Jason Williams - Mid - Don't like his decision making. His run and carry is good though.

Brody Mihocek - tall back/fwd - Tested really bad for everything and his height is not good enough to be a key tall.

Steven Verrier - Medium fwd/mid - He wasn't that good at the champs and tested poorly.

Sam Dwyer - Mid - Pretty unlucky not to make it, I went with other mature aged prospects over him but it could've easily been him.

Dylan Riley - Utility - More of a rookie option, kicking lacks a bit of depth and needs more size. I like his tackling pressure though and can play wherever.

John McKenzie - Mid - Love his work at the clearances, he's a touch short though and pace not so sure about.

Nick Murphy - Tall forward - Really only did something the the grand final what I saw of him, apart from that I didn't see him do much. Hasn't done enough for me to draft him and he doesn't put on enough defensive pressure when he's not getting it and I'd like to see him get it a bit more

Kyal Horesley - Sounds like he will get a go, I have never seen him and in the end I wanted to get Hutchings name out there.

NOTE: May add a few more later

Adam Tomlinson is being tip to go at 7 just because the Lions are keen on him. And GWS will be worried if they don't take him before the Lions pick 8 they will miss out on him.

Let's just skip next Thursday and we will take those players and run :D

Good job. Was looking forward to your re-do.

Thanks mate, glad you liked it.

Adam Tomlinson is being tip to go at 7 just because the Lions are keen on him. And GWS will be worried if they don't take him before the Lions pick 8 they will miss out on him.

No worries. I thought the Lions were looking at him at 12 rather then 8. I probably wouldn't take Tomlinson in the top 10 myself.

I don't see why Tunbridge would be picked up by another other than a WA club seeing as he wants to come home due to homesickness.

Other than that, a very good read. :thumbsu:

I am 99% sure that we will pick up Newman at 28, but I'm unsure about Frost. I know he is a little undersized, but I would prefer Lockyer.

(Or even a punt on Manson!)

I will not be a happy camper if tigers by pass Kavanagh.Some say he may have gone top 5 if not for those injurie concerns.They said the same about Heppell last year and that's now "haunting" the clubs that overlooked Heppell.If Kavanagh reaches full potential,he will be a gun and possibly a game breaking mid.Please take him tiges!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very well done. Just wondering, which former listed AFL players have the best chance of being picked up?

O'Hailpin I think will go. GWS and the bulldogs I know are pretty interested in him.
Freo and West Coast have shown some interest in Mark Hutchings I believe, no idea how keen they are though.
Daniel Farmer from Collingwood. He's not a bad player, he just needs to work on the harder aspects of his game. I'm pretty sure he will get another chance.

Other then that I can't tell you much more. I'm sure there will be a fair few picked up in the rookie draft given a few of the recruiters have been mentioning that they don't rate the draft much.

Adelaide's pick is really quite random. Matty Rendall has continually said he doesn't rate this draft, so who knows what he is considering.

I think its between McKenzie, Forster, Talia, Frost, Crozier, Smith (whoever is available).

Frost and Crozier would be good value if they last that long IMO. I'm not sure about having two Talia's in the one team. They are pretty up themselves from what I've heard especially Michael.

I don't see why Tunbridge would be picked up by another other than a WA club seeing as he wants to come home due to homesickness.

Other than that, a very good read. :thumbsu:

I am 99% sure that we will pick up Newman at 28, but I'm unsure about Frost. I know he is a little undersized, but I would prefer Lockyer.

(Or even a punt on Manson!)

I'm kind of going off the Mitch Clarke theory that Turnbridge will want to suddenly come to Melbourne. He won't have the money Clarke's been offered though so my theory could be totally off the wall yet. According to AFL.com some Melbourne clubs could be after his services.

You might have to take Newman at 23, I have a sneaking suspicion Adelaide could be keen on him and maybe Richmond too.

Great read Bulldogsman, lot of detail.....
For the Saints, while they need tall KP and a back up ruck, my view is that they also need more in-and-under mids - would be very happy with your picks:

Josh Walduter – mid and Cam Eardley – mid/def :thumbsu:

I will not be a happy camper if tigers by pass Kavanagh.Some say he may have gone top 5 if not for those injurie concerns.They said the same about Heppell last year and that's now "haunting" the clubs that overlooked Heppell.If Kavanagh reaches full potential,he will be a gun and possibly a game breaking mid.Please take him tiges!

Heppell had no obvious previous injury history. There were some rumours he had a bad groin, but it did not seem to stop him playing at all. It seems those rumours were false. Kavanagh on the other hand has been injured pretty much all year and those hammy issues could plague him for the rest of his career. There's a difference between Kavanagh and Heppell as far as I'm concerned. There's no guarentee Kavanagh would have been a top 5 or even top 10 pick if not for injury anyway.

Adams will still be a pretty good player and he is a quality person from what I've heard. I'd prefer my club to take the safe option when you have a top 15 pick.

Great read Bulldogsman, lot of detail.....
For the Saints, while they need tall KP and a back up ruck, my view is that they also need more in-and-under mids - would be very happy with your picks:

Josh Walduter – mid and Cam Eardley – mid/def :thumbsu:

Yeah I noticed you guys have recruited a lot of speedy flankers in recent times and have little in the way of genuine midfielders. I was meant to put that in the summary.

Dobosz at 56 a bit of a slider. Would LOVE to get him at 47 - we can get rucks in the rookie draft...

I thought a ruckman was more priority. I also thought Dobosz was of similar height and played in a similar way to Aaron Cornelius. I considered Joel Hamling at 47 probably more so given he could play in both positions.

I thought a ruckman was more priority. I also thought Dobosz was of similar height and played in a similar way to Aaron Cornelius. I considered Joel Hamling at 47 probably more so given he could play in both positions.

Yeah, ruckmen are priorities for us, but we still have a few who can fill in. We only have Leuey and Hudson as genuines, but in a pinch, we have McKeever, and from memory, even guys like Lisle have gone third man up on occasion...

I rate Dobosz, and think he'd suit us well at the moment - especially seeing as ACorn is still an unknown - may never truly break into the side the way he's going. That's why i'd rate him as a bargain at 47...

I like your justification though, and think you've done a decent job for us. I wouldn't pick the same thing, but then again, that doesn't mean i'm right (I dare say I wouldn't pick the same thing as the club, but no doubt they have a better idea than me). Overall, a very decent phantom. Thanks for the effort and detail...

I just signed up so I could say thank you for the effort :D

I would not have a clue about these draftees if it wasn't for you guys on here.

Excellent write up. Different from the others without being too different (which I think is a good thing), presented well, with logical picks for club needs as well as the option of going best available. I'd prefer Freo to get McInnes at 29 opposed to Bootsma but it sounds like we've shown more interest in Bootsma going by reports. Would prefer Horsley with 71, but either way nice work. :thumbsu:

Wouldn't complain if this is how it ended up for Freo.

excellent work, thanks. I think you're spot on with West Coast grabbing another tall defender if they can.

Good read. I hope we take bootsma at pick 58 and hope we tale mcinnes/ frost type with 29. May be Tunbridge slips to 58/71? A club would have to be keen with the risk

Really well done, good draft for us. Sheridan's very much the type of midfielder we take and I do think Schade could be one of the best key defenders to come out of this draft.

I'd take Yeo or Williams (Yeo in particular) ahead of Hill although you have nailed the player type in terms of us needing a bit more outside run and carry.

I'm glad to see someone rates Mangan, have seen some of his games this year and he's really blanketed some very good players. Height is a potential issue but he's definitely got talent and fills a clear need for us. I'd probably take Blee ahead of him if push came to shove (and I think Blee will go earlier than that) but I'm not unhappy with that pick at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back