Mega Thread Trading Places - Who Will We Be Chasing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HERALD SUN - Which players could be trading places?

Although it's clear Bickley considers Taylor Walker in their best 22, if he's available, I think we should have a crack. Adelaide might consider any or a combination of Shane Edwards, Luke McGuane and our second rd pick.

Would allow Jack to play a bit further up the field and would free up Vickery a little more. Obviously not sure where Griffiths fits into that forward line though.

Although it's clear Bickley considers Taylor Walker in their best 22, if he's available, I think we should have a crack. Adelaide might consider any or a combination of Shane Edwards, Luke McGuane and our second rd pick.

Would allow Jack to play a bit further up the field and would free up Vickery a little more. Obviously not sure where Griffiths fits into that forward line though.

if we get anyone from the crows it should be talia.:thumbsu:

edit: anyone who has a contract should stay until next year so we can maximise the number of picks we'll get in that super draft! and yes that would mean gourdis for another year. anyone know how longs thursty, mcguane, tuck, hislop etc contracts are?

if we get anyone from the crows it should be talia.:thumbsu:

edit: anyone who has a contract should stay until next year so we can maximise the number of picks we'll get in that super draft! and yes that would mean gourdis for another year. anyone know how longs thursty, mcguane, tuck, hislop etc contracts are?

No chance now. They will do everything possible not to lose a 3rd key back in 2 years.

I agree, no chance will we be getting Talia seeing as Davis has signed with GWS.

Same goes with Griffen, the reason he wanted to move from Adelaide to Perth was to be with his ill father if my memory serves me correct, so I see no reason why he would then want to come to Victoria.

I really hope Port Adelaide sign Trengove because I really don't want him. Not a good kick, and although I'm not much of a Post fan, I think Post has the same potential as him at CHB.

Mitch Clark should be the one we go after, I know that we said he is too expensive, but 1 - we have ample room in the salary cap.. 2- if we really want him I don't think money will stand in the way.. 3 - clubs are rarely honest to the media, and I don't think we would have been giving away any information that early on in the season.

Clark and Vickery could split the ruck load 70/30, and the combination of Clark and Vickery starts to sound more and more formidable.

Surely we can snag another draft pick from Adel

Now that Davis has signed with GWS, Adel will get a compo pick, probably 2nd rounder i would say, given that Bock was an end of 1st round, and Davis doesnt have the runs on the board yet.

Surely we can dud them again and offer up Shane Edwards in exchange for that pick. Given the success of trading for Tambling, they would be mad not to accept it.

A tough midfielder with silky kicking skills like Edwards, would surely be worth it, surely. And the prospect of him and Tambling offering that unique combination of head over the ball tough stuff and sublime skills would surely be too good an offer to pass on, surely.

Make it happen RFC. Happy to package up the rights to Troy Taylor as well to get this over the line. That would also appeal to Adel as they can seemlessly keep a "Taylor" on the list if Taylor Walker leaves and TT would happily fill the same role as Taylor Walker of drinking beers from the stands.

Win-Win-Win for all parties involved.

Re: Surely we can snag another draft pick from Adel

while funny im sure they've learned fromt he tambling deal. and as im over here i can tell you everyone of thier supports will kill someone if they do a deal like that again.

though I would be keen to offer them jackson and edwards.

Beat me to it eays. Big game against them later in the year. Im going to be cheering on Edwards and Jackson to put in a big performance.

I felt a bit for Tambling as now he is going to be playing in comparison to Bock. I know thats better than a Franklin comparison but that he is thier compensation for Bock who has been great for the Gold Coast must be an irritation to Adelaide.

Hey tunksey, being over there, what is the perception of Tambling as to how he has gone this year and what they think of him as a player. Tried asking them on the Adelaide board and had my head bitten off thinking I was trying to bait them.

Ive only seen him in a few games and he seems to go with the flow but in games they have lost he has been one of the ones to give a critical turnover.

most utterly hate him and his costly turnovers. sure they admit it when he plays a good game but mostly its hate. we certainly cheated them out of that compo pick!

for tambling's sake I hope he develops. at least the media over here dont bang him up to be something he isnt. so id say he isnt under alot of pressure.

Just throw every cent we have at Andy Otten

most utterly hate him and his costly turnovers. sure they admit it when he plays a good game but mostly its hate. we certainly cheated them out of that compo pick!

for tambling's sake I hope he develops. at least the media over here dont bang him up to be something he isnt. so id say he isnt under alot of pressure.

Yeah thats a fair sum up of Tambling in SA especially the fact that the Media dont focus on him at all. Hes just another player

Thanks tunksy and Wacky for that insight as he is invisible over here now.

It is interesting that guys like Bone and some of the other SA shock jocks dont get into him as it appears that have conceded that he is just what he is and no point in pretending other wise.

Thanks tunksy and Wacky for that insight as he is invisible over here now.

It is interesting that guys like Bone and some of the other SA shock jocks dont get into him as it appears that have conceded that he is just what he is and no point in pretending other wise.

Yeah im a little surprised that they havent got into the worth (2 draft picks) to aquire him however we have only drafted MacDonald (yet to play a game) and we havent used the Bock compo pick yet. Id say its something they will bring up later however if we snag a handy player with the compo pick.

I agree it was worth a punt on Tambling but at the time still thought Adelaide payed too much for him

Very athletic combo Clark/Vickery and would probably be the most mobile division around.

Should offer Adelaide our second rounder and McGuane for there compo pick. I imagine there compo pick will be first rounder and I think we would be massively winning in that circumstance but hey it worked for Tambling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Dangerfield/ Neil

Dangerfield is so overrate it's not funny anyway.

Has one great game in every half dozen, and then maybe 1 or 2 solid ones. More of an icing on the cake type player, then a core player which is what we need right now.

He would cost us our first rounder, and he ain't worth it. He has been on a list for about 3 or 4 years now and he still can't run through the midfield for any sustained period

Ridiculous...Dangerfield is still as young as Cotch 21!!

Absolute gun and if we had any chance of getting him it would be ridiculous in 3-4 years.

Imagine having Cotch, Lids, Martin, Conca, Deledio, Foley all in their mid to late 20's...they would be beasting midfields!!!

Ridiculous...Dangerfield is still as young as Cotch 21!!

Absolute gun and if we had any chance of getting him it would be ridiculous in 3-4 years.

Imagine having Cotch, Lids, Martin, Conca, Deledio, Foley all in their mid to late 20's...they would be beasting midfields!!!

Disagree, I am with those in the overateed camp. Dangerfield is just flashy and doesn't do enough and is not consistent for mine.

Very over hyped IMO

A few Victorian clubs and Sydney are particularly interested in Walker apparently, hopefully this isn't true for my clubs sake.

I would be happy to get Dangerfield to Tigerland. He will be a gun. Crows would demand a lot for him.

Dangerfield hasn't set the world on fire just yet, but he definitely has the potential & he's slowly starting to gain some consistency. I reckon he's 2 years away from being an elite midfielder.

Those comments made re Neil Craig were completely taken out of context & have ZERO truth to them. If he was to leave, it'd have nothing to do with Craig. Plus, he'd be heading home to Geelong, not Richmond.

We definally need a ruckman a McIntosh, Mitch Calrk or a Shaun Hampson will be good maybe a Trent West he did sho good signs against Us. We need a Full Back/Centre Half Back for our back line maybe a Lake, Trengrove I dont Goldsack is a good one but anyway. We should try and trade like Andrew Browne, Thursfield or maybe even a Matt White, Jayden Post, Gourdis, Farmer. I really do like Morton and Tuck but they will most likely get traded. :(

Pretty far from the truth this.

Most people are still unsure, think he wasn't handled that well by Craig, and are still optimistic that he'll be a good player for us.

Definitely can't see much 'hate' for him, if any.

Had an interesting chat to an opposition club official tonight (those who know me know my connection) and some interesting things on the table already.

We're into Trengove in a big way... Thursfield mentioned as part of the deal.

Forget Dangerfield. If he goes he'll head to Geelong in a trade for a homesick Varcoe.

Taylor Walker was linked to GWS, but with Davis now "signed" would need to be traded there... Sydney now sniffing around.

Tiges and Port sniffing around McIntosh.

Tiges have apparently made Ruck, CHB and another KPF their priorities with already established players and looking to consolidate more talent in the midfield through the draft.

As far as GWS was concerned... Kane Cornes was mentioned, but then Port "retired" Chad Cornes and offered him a coaching gig as an enticement to keep Kane around for a little longer to help the kids along.

Rhys Palmer to GWS is solid. As is Chris Masten from West Coast. doesn't expect GWS to be knocking on Richmonds door this season...

Expects that we'll be turning over (some offered as trades, others delisted) at least 8 players this year. Won't go into names as I'm sure they've all already been mentioned somewhere in this board.

Anyways... there was a lot more discussed, mostly rumours, but these are what were known to have been discussed between clubs, agents, players thus far.

Over and out for now... PB74

We definally need a ruckman a McIntosh, Mitch Calrk or a Shaun Hampson will be good maybe a Trent West he did sho good signs against Us. We need a Full Back/Centre Half Back for our back line maybe a Lake, Trengrove I dont Goldsack is a good one but anyway. We should try and trade like Andrew Browne, Thursfield or maybe even a Matt White, Jayden Post, Gourdis, Farmer. I really do like Morton and Tuck but they will most likely get traded. :(
After Laidley's comments on AFL360 tonight, I hope we stear clear.

Tiges have apparently made Ruck, CHB and another KPF their priorities with already established players and looking to consolidate more talent in the midfield through the draft.
Interesting bits of info. The only thing i question is whether it's possible for us to trade in decent players, particularly in the positions mentioned, without offloading most of our better draft picks. Can't think of too many "currency" players outside of the untouchables, which means trading our picks away if we want to get deals done. This in turn means less scope to consolidate more talent in the midfield through the draft, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back