FTA-TV Trailer Park Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Has there been a thread on this show before? I wanted to search for it, but didn't want to wade through pages of posts from Collingwood supporters...

Seriously though, anyone seen it?

Wiki said:
Trailer Park Boys is a popular Canadian mockumentary television series focusing on the misadventures of ex-convicts living in fictional Sunnyvale Trailer Park, which is located near Halifax, Nova Scotia.

The ********************s that are Foxtel have taken it off air this week! Also, to add salt to the wound, Corey Bowles and Michael Jackson(Cory and Trevor[no, not *the* Michael Jackson]) wont be returning for Season 7 :thumbsdown: Fox hasn't even aired any episodes from Season 6 yet. I will hopefully get a TPB fan from Canada to mail me a DVD of the Movie "The Big Dirty" which premiered in Canada late last year.

So, like I said, any other TPB fans here?

My favourite episode would be Who's the microphone assassin? The one where J Roc is ripping off DVS Pimps music, love this show

My favourite episode would be Who's the microphone assassin? The one where J Roc is ripping off DVS Pimps music, love this show

First of all, what mother****ers don’t understand about J to the R-O-C, right, is that I’m into like method rap, you know what I’m sayin’, so if I’m writing about crime, you know what I’m sayin’, I’ve got to do crimes, you know what I’m sayin’, to get in the head space. I was writing some rhymes in a sexual nature, so I was just getting myself in the sex vibe and some mother****er bust in and misinterpreted that, right, thinkin’ I’m yanking my s**t, but that ain’t even true. I was just straight up writing some s**t... from a sexual place of a sexual nature. That’s one of the rhymes right there. I couldn’t have written that unless I had my s**t out with some hand cream.

:D

That episode is ridiculously quotable. Great show.

Very funny show. Hard to choose a favourite ep, but the one with Bubbles as the Green Bastard has to be up there.

Has anyone seen the movie?

Yeah, I saw it a couple of months ago. It's ok. As a fan of the show it is worth seeing. Its pretty much a typical TPB episode. The usual hijinks.

The entire film is on Youtube. Here's the link to Part 1. Just follow the links from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP4u4V7sdJA

There is a sequel due for release in Canada in September this year called 'Countdown to Liquor Day.' Dont know if it will get cinema release here.

Here's the trailer.

[YOUTUBE]Mrfqn7QsILE[/YOUTUBE]

I am a huge, huge, huge fan of this show. Fell in love with it in about 2006 and have had the whole series on my hard drive since '08, but never got around to watching seasons 5-7 until very recently.

Anyhow, I still love the show, but farrrk me. What a disgrace the final two seasons were. As much as I hate it the Curb finished after just two seasons, I honestly regret that TPB continued for another two seasons after the already worrying season five. I can't prove the link but if you google it you can find michael jackson (the actor who played corey) and his blog about how the show descended.

Anyhows, in the spirit of my favourite show, I must confess: I am drunk and high as faark right now. I really do love this show. I see it in a philosophical perspective which asks: what is life about? As much as I detest the final seasons, I rate TPB as the most important TV series in my life.

What more can I say? I love TPB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a huge, huge, huge fan of this show. Fell in love with it in about 2006 and have had the whole series on my hard drive since '08, but never got around to watching seasons 5-7 until very recently.

Anyhow, I still love the show, but farrrk me. What a disgrace the final two seasons were. As much as I hate it the Curb finished after just two seasons, I honestly regret that TPB continued for another two seasons after the already worrying season five. I can't prove the link but if you google it you can find michael jackson (the actor who played corey) and his blog about how the show descended.

Anyhows, in the spirit of my favourite show, I must confess: I am drunk and high as faark right now. I really do love this show. I see it in a philosophical perspective which asks: what is life about? As much as I detest the final seasons, I rate TPB as the most important TV series in my life.

So if I just type Michael Jackson into Google, it should come up on the first page?

I don't remember writing this.

:confused:

Important show to me, but more important to me than The Simpsons, South Park, Seinfeld? Big call. I must have been pretty high on life when I wrote this.

I was right about the final two seasons, though. Rot.

:stern look

I don't remember writing this.

:confused:

Important show to me, but more important to me than The Simpsons, South Park, Seinfeld? Big call. I must have been pretty high on life when I wrote this.

I was right about the final two seasons, though. Rot.

:stern look

I agree with a lot of that. A housemate of mine in 06 had the first 2 series on DVD from when he lived in Canada, brilliant television. Everything from 4 onwards I thought sucked and went off it. Most fans have said the last two series sucked so will avoid them like grim death...knowwaddI'msaying?
Chris Lilley could learn something from J Roc.

Also, how come it never snows.

Time to come back with TPB.

Saw the show last evening at Forum theatre, interested if anyone else attended.

The show ran from 8.10 to around 10.30 with a 25 minute intermission. Overall it was entertaining, I was just happy to see these guys again. There were some hilarious moments, and other moments just seemed like keeping the show going.

Bubbles starred in the show, with more involvement from Ricky than Julian.

There was also a preview into their new project which seems hilarious!

Anyone else attend? i'm sure yes as last night was sold out, and I was sitting front row!

I'd love to go to one of the shows in Brisbane but am too poor to justify the $80 or whatever it is to get in. Bit of a ripoff price if we are being honest.

(Have considered trying to get into the audience illigitimately...)

Shattered I never heard about this.

Mate there is a show tonight at forum, and perhaps a third show. Check out ticketmaster ASAP.

I feel like I should be paying in chicken fingers, rum and cat food and not real money.

Packet of cigarettes should do the job! its a case of denial and error

They are going like everywhere but Perth yeah?

My mate and I would have went for sure.

FRICK OFF LAHEY! YOU CRAZY DRUNK BASTARD!

Ricky: Knock-knock, Lahey.
Mr. Lahey: Who's there, Ricky?
Ricky: A ****in' shitty ****in' trailer park supervisor who hangs around with a big-gutted drunk elf who thinks he's gettin' us thrown back in jail but he can't 'cause he's got no evidence and he's dumb as ****, and he's got this other thing goin' on in his head that's tryin' to... twirly around and... ****in' get... different... ****!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back