Letter from Peter De Rauch

Remove this Banner Ad

[FONT="]The club understands a former director passed on private member information to a third party which has accessed and used the information for its own purposes. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
This I am afraid is the most disturbing aspect of the whole email and makes me boil with disgust regardless of who I would vote for in an election..
So, this means RJ passed on the database he got a few years ago (?) to PDR?

Either way, the thing that concerns me more is if PDR took this approach because the club didn't allow passing on of a nominees statement of claims. These sort of things should be simple and straightforward. You call for nominations, you receive nominations and you then send out all nominees' statements of claim to all eligible voters. So, either PDR's drum said "bugger that, go early" or there was some question as to whether his claims would be circulated by the club?

The broader concern is the politics surrounding this. Inevitable with Board elections, but I just hope that the balance of unity and different perspectives is achieved along with the capacity to work together harmoniously. If PDR did this in direct and conscious contravention of the legalities, that casts doubt on his acumen IMHO. If PDR did this because 'legalities' or not, he would not have been able to stake a fair claim, then that casts doubt on the process (and those running it).

So, we're new at this whole 'member owned' thing it would seem?!

I got the letter today and while I like PDR, the letter is scant in detail. The timing is also suss. I smell something fishy going on. May defer giving PDR the proxy and turn up to the AGM in person.

I'm afraid I was right.

By the same token, surely you don't want all yes men.
There needs to be some counter-balance surely?

I want the best collection of "relocation is never an option" business minds on the job. Counter balance is good if it is of a comparable intellect. Counter balance for it's own sake is counter productive.

So now I know a little bit about Peter De Rauch, how about the other board members up for election come forward and tell us a little about themselves.

Dear Fellow NMFC Members and Supporters

I have noted some comments suggesting possible undemocratic processes or a failure to "pass on" a nominees statements. Nothing could me more inaccurate or offensive to the Board or Executive. We did not work so hard to deliver the club back to the members for us to then operate a "closed shop".

I want to set out a few facts:
· We have not received any nominations at this stage
· New privacy laws generally prevent a club ("company") from permitting access to the members database - exceptions exist where members have consented to the club permitting commercial partners or sponsors sending material - even then, WE send out the material and DO NOT give direct access to those partners to our database. As far as I know, that consent does not extend to receiving unsolicited mail from possible Board candidates OR permitting a third party access to their details for the purpose of sending such material
· There is a difference between a third party requesting material to be sent to members as opposed to a third party securing the database for itself
· Our database was not "hacked" into - a disc copy of the database (names and addresses only) was handed to a third party, which then used that information for a mail out
· We will use every avenue to reclaim the disc as soon as possible and ensure any copies (if any) are destroyed
· If and when any person decides to nominate, they are more than welcome to contact the cmeh and ascertain what LEGAL means can be used to access the members
We unreservedly apologise to our members for this breach.

In the meantime, I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and safe festive season and I look forward to an exciting and promising 2011.

Go Roos!
Euge

Thanks Euge, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

P.S. You should get Caroline Carnegie to go for the board again, she was cockblocked a few years ago because she was pro-Melbourne and don't think she has nominated since.

I think it would be good to get both someone of her experience and ability on the board and also to have a woman on the board would be a positive.

The question is who handed the disc to PDR?

Anyway I'm sure the club will sort that out.

Merry Xmas Euge and thanks for clearing this up.

The question is who handed the disc to PDR?

Anyway I'm sure the club will sort that out.

Merry Xmas Euge and thanks for clearing this up.

Leave it to the club and the authorities to deal with, unauthorised access and distribution of private information you do not have permission to distribute would be more than just a slap on the wrist in terms of a legal sense. It is probably best for all parties that the information be returned to the club/destroyed without it getting drawn out.

I reckon this bloke handed him the disc, apparently he followed North as a kid
JulianAssange2_1685386c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have noted some comments suggesting possible undemocratic processes or a failure to "pass on" a nominees statements. Nothing could me more inaccurate or offensive to the Board or Executive.

· If and when any person decides to nominate, they are more than welcome to contact the cmeh and ascertain what LEGAL means can be used to access the members
A predictable response from Eugene. That is to say, we can rely on you to set the record straight and put out any spot fires. Well done and thanks, as usual, for taking the time to respond Euge. :thumbsu:

Given my comments above, and I think TODs, it seems PDR 'marches to his own drum.

Given my comments above, and I think TODs, it seems PDR 'marches to his own drum.

Sometimes people like that can be important. Ron Joseph could be accused of the same thing but without him we would all be looking for cheap fares on Jetstar to the Gold Coast to catch a game or two.
I admire Pete's decision to stand but I think he is pushing it up hill. I think he would be a good conscience for the members.

Cheers Euge, amazing to have the great man popping in here on Chrissy Eve...

Hun also taking up the story now.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/roos-members-details-obtained-after-database-improperly-accessed/story-e6frf9jf-1225975874334

THE name and address of every North Melbourne member has been obtained by a third party that was given unauthorised access to the club's database by a former board member.

The club has issued a statement saying the database was "improperly accessed" by a third party which has used the information "for its own purposes".

pdr has my proxy without reservation,i have personally met the man,and hold him in the same esteem as ron joseph,good luck in the election
Even after his little stunt of illegally obtaining the membership database?

He is evidently a very foolish man, he would have been a strong chance of being elected before this stunt - now he has no chance and rightly so.

I admire Pete's decision to stand but I think he is pushing it up hill.

Peter may have chosen to be nominated to be elected as his letter inelegantly states, but has he actually nominated? The proxy form that he provided does not include his name as a candidate, which means that any proxies given to him could be used to vote in another candidate. I'm just saying.

Peter may have chosen to be nominated to be elected as his letter inelegantly states, but has he actually nominated? The proxy form that he provided does not include his name as a candidate, which means that any proxies given to him could be used to vote in another candidate. I'm just saying.

Dunno! Not sure what the process is around nomination. I'm sure he has or will.

Dear Fellow NMFC Members and Supporters

I have noted some comments suggesting possible undemocratic processes or a failure to "pass on" a nominees statements. Nothing could me more inaccurate or offensive to the Board or Executive. We did not work so hard to deliver the club back to the members for us to then operate a "closed shop".

· New privacy laws generally prevent a club ("company") from permitting access to the members database - exceptions exist where members have consented to the club permitting commercial partners or sponsors sending material - even then, WE send out the material and DO NOT give direct access to those partners to our database. As far as I know, that consent does not extend to receiving unsolicited mail from possible Board candidates OR permitting a third party access to their details for the purpose of sending such material
· There is a difference between a third party requesting material to be sent to members as opposed to a third party securing the database for itself
· Our database was not "hacked" into - a disc copy of the database (names and addresses only) was handed to a third party, which then used that information for a mail out
· We will use every avenue to reclaim the disc as soon as possible and ensure any copies (if any) are destroyed

In the meantime, I want to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy and safe festive season and I look forward to an exciting and promising 2011.

Go Roos!
Euge

Euge,

Appreciate you coming on here and taking the time to communicate with us. For the purpose of democratic clarity, can you let us know when each director is up for election? The appearance from the outside is that only JB always seems to be being put up for re election whereas some on the board appear to be being protected from the members. I'm pretty sure this will be the third time i will have had the opportunity to vote for JB whereas others haven't ever been elected to the board by the members. Given we are three years on from Dallas Brooks et al shouldn't we now have a fully or at the least majority, member elected board?

Cheers in advance.

W.

Dunno! Not sure what the process is around nomination. I'm sure he has or will.

Go Roos!
Euge

Cheers for the response Euge. We all wish you, your family and hard working team at NMFC HQ a happy, safe, and relaxing festive season yourselves. We very much look forward to season 2011. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back