General Meeting Letter

theduckfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Mar 31, 2007
GB
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Inter,Victory, Liverpool
Anyone else get a letter?

I got a letter explaining what Euge wants to do, also got a Proxy form, if you are unable to attend the Victory Room at telstra Dome on Wednsday 29th October complete that form and give to someone who can.

Ill be attending.

rooboy_07

King In The North
Nov 7, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Trailblazers, SJSharks
I also got the letter. Not sure if I will be attending yet.

We will definitely be attending. I haven't received the letter yet but this is off the club site...

Meeting of Shareholders & Members
Tue 30 September, 2008

The North Melbourne Football Club will hold a meeting for all shareholders and members on October 29th.

Dear Fellow Member,

North Melbourne Football Club – Meeting of Shareholders & Members

I am delighted to invite you to meetings of the shareholders and members of the North Melbourne Football Club to be held on Wednesday, 29 October 2008 at 6.30pm (AEST) in the Victory Room – Telstra Dome, Melbourne.

Voter registration will commence from 5.45 pm.

I have written to you on a number of occasions over the past few months outlining your Board’s proposal to change the legal structure of the Club to remove the Club’s share capital structure.

The enclosed documents set out the resolutions that you are asked to pass to simplify our structure. Further details also examine what the new structure will mean for you – our members.

As the Club currently has members, A Class Shareholders and B Class Shareholders, the restructure proposal will impact on each group differently. Accordingly, we need to obtain the approval of each of the separate groups (or classes) affected by the restructure.

We propose that the resolutions will be considered and debated concurrently, so that all shareholders and members that wish to attend and vote will meet at the same time and place.

Depending upon whether you are a member, A Class Shareholder, B Class Shareholder or proposed Patron, you will receive notices to attend the meetings relevant to your group and a proxy form. Because the proposal will treat each of these groups differently, even though you fall into one or more of these groups, you may only be entitled to vote at some of the meetings. You should refer to the notice(s) of meeting that you receive regarding your voting entitlements.

You will also note that the amendments proposed to our Club constitution (or rules) that you will also be asked to vote on remove all of the provisions relating to the Club’s share capital and propose a moratorium on Board elections until the 2010 AGM. The Board has proposed this moratorium on the basis that your current Board be given time to lead the Club through the very important development of Arden Street and the next phase of building the playing list without the instability of elections and potential changes in Board members for 2 years. After that time, the current Board members will progressively come up for election between 2010 and 2012.

The Board believes that the proposal to restructure the Club is in the best interests of the Club, its members and shareholders.

I hope that you are able to join us at the meeting and take advantage of the opportunity to vote on this very important issue. Please contact 1300 363 231 to register your intention to attend the meeting. Please note that registration is not compulsory but will assist us with the management of the meeting.

If you are not able to attend the meeting in person, please complete the enclosed proxy form and return it to us (in person or by mail or fax).

Thank you for your continued support for this great Club. Your Board looks forward to working on your behalf to make its future even brighter.

Yours sincerely,

James Brayshaw
Chairman

Download explanatory notes

Download Members notice
Download A Class notice
Download B Class notice
Download A & B Class notice
Download Patrons notice

Download proxy form
Download amendments to constitution

kangaroos.com.au

Jul 29, 2008
North Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep, got the letter today.
Unfortunately I can't make the vote in person, but I've already filled in the proxy form with JB as proxy, and posted the form this evening. Make every vote count!

Cheers
North in Melbourne.

It's an absolute must that eveyone who doesn't attend sends the proxy form in. We never know what the numbers will be like and we can't afford to stuff this one up.

Aliroo

Senior List
Sep 18, 2003
Kangaroo Flat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought this topic needed to be made prominent again.

This meeting is one of the most important ones in the clubs history and as many members need to vote as possible.

If you are not attending the meeting and have not completed your proxy yet, please complete it over the weekend and fax on Monday. All proxies need to be in by Monday night.

I have arranged to leave work early so I can get down to the meeting.

Urmoe

Premiership Player
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Dec 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
I also have sent the proxy in. Last I heard Dean and Donald were trying to offload it for a high draft pick at trade week.

myty

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I believe the Club needs 75% approval votes in each membership/share category. This is 75% of the eligable voters, not 75% of the actual votes. If you don't vote you are effectively automatically adding your vote to the "NO" votes. Everyone must try and get their proxy to the Club if they can't attend the meeting.

Jul 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I believe the Club needs 75% approval votes in each membership/share category. This is 75% of the eligable voters, not 75% of the actual votes. If you don't vote you are effectively automatically adding your vote to the "NO" votes. Everyone must try and get their proxy to the Club if they can't attend the meeting.
It'd have to, surely, be 75% of actual votes.

Otherwise the club would have run a GOTV (Get Out The Vote) operation.

If it's 75% of all votes, and non votes were to somehow count as NO votes, I'd be ****ing furious.

Can anyone fill me in on if we're using an Electoral College system?

Rooface

All Australian
Oct 16, 2008
Togo
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If that's the case its dumb. No vote means No vote counted.

My understanding is that the resolutions require 75% or greater of the votes cast. The push to get as many as possible to vote is that anyone wanting to vote No will vote. Hence we need to maximise the YES vote.

I've filled out the Proxy forms, for 8 of us, and mailed them back as requested to, in case I can't make it Wednesday night. Knowing that "things can pop up" I wanted to make sure that whether we attended or not, our vote counted.

T'toes

I've filled out the Proxy forms, for 8 of us, and mailed them back as requested to, in case I can't make it Wednesday night. Knowing that "things can pop up" I wanted to make sure that whether we attended or not, our vote counted.

T'toes

Have done the same.
Even if you know you are definitely going along it is a good idea to post the form because you can avoid voting delay queues on the night anyway.

ErrolSt_Boy

Team Captain
Suspended
Oct 27, 2008
Errol St
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I totally forgot about the proxy form. Its too late to sumbit one as the meeting is on tonight and votes are supposed to be in 6:30pm sharp. Hopefully all goes well.

I totally forgot about the proxy form. Its too late to sumbit one as the meeting is on tonight and votes are supposed to be in 6:30pm sharp. Hopefully all goes well.

Fax it in. And the meeting is not on till Wednesday but today is the last day you can send it in.

BTW are votes accepted from under 18s?

Back