Jake King! should he be traded or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

mattdamon12

Debutant
Aug 18, 2008
tassie
AFL Club
Richmond
Personally i love the way this little angry guy goes about his footy. and we should give him AT LEAST 1 more year.
what are you guys thinking?

realised that pfft.
thats why the thread is: Jake King! should he be traded or not?
so.. whats your thoughts? traded or not?

I'd trade Kingy, with Raines coming back into the side and King not being in there most of this year will find it even harder to get back in.
We should trade him while we can. We might get something half decent out of him.

I would trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
I think he's reached his full potential and as much as I love his tenacity I think thats all he has to give.
If he gets toweled up in the backline, theres really nowhere else he can play. Not good enough and doesnt have the engine for the midfield, too short for the forward line.
Sorry Kingy, but its time to go while you still have value.

You dont have to be big to play in the forward line. I think he could make an excellent small forward who could give some forward line tackling pressure like rioli, davey etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd put him on the table, if we couldn't get a 2nd or 3rd rounder then I wouldn't get rid of him.

At the moment the problem with him is his skills are below par, his defensive side leaves alot to be desired and his agression often gets the better of him, I love watching him run out of defence and slip through tackles, but if he isn't using it well enough or giving free kicks away in defence it is too dangerous to keep him there, stick him up forward and he could go missing for chunks of games, and I don't know about his goalkicking ability.

So in the end, offer him up, see what we get, if it isn't a 2nd or 3rd rounder, in a deal where we can get a good player with him and a pick, or a straight up trade a young player with some potential then don't trade him.

I would trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
I think he's reached his full potential and as much as I love his tenacity I think thats all he has to give.
If he gets toweled up in the backline, theres really nowhere else he can play. Not good enough and doesnt have the engine for the midfield, too short for the forward line.
Sorry Kingy, but its time to go while you still have value.

You know that other clubs would be aware of the his deficiencies as a backman... so why would they give up a 2nd rounder for him?

We need him. If we lost Newman through injury, he'd be the ready made replacement. He also adds pressure to the 22 in the senior side.

He was everyone's hero early in the year, coincidentally when the media were all over him and then they stopped and coincidentally so did some Tiger fans. Funny that.

He was never my hero. He sets a great example with his desire, ferocity and hard work, but otherwise ... meh. Put him on the table, package him up with someone else to get a pick, or keep him for depth if we get no offers. Obviously we won't delist him if he's signed but it wouldn't have bothered me if we did.

I think a player like him is a luxury to have on our list he gives us good depth and with more experience will over come some of his deficencies. He is worth much more to us then we could get trying to trade him. We have an abundance of young talent and were lucky this year with injuries its better to have a player like this tucked away on our list then trade for another unknown.

You dont have to be big to play in the forward line. I think he could make an excellent small forward who could give some forward line tackling pressure like rioli, davey etc...

Exactly what we need TigerBalls

Exactly what we need TigerBalls
Who is he going to replace in the foward line though?
Nobody, isn't good enough, dumb footballer, average skills and too small

He was just used as a scapegoat but people, wasnt that bad, and didnt make half as many mistakes as some of the others who seem to evade criticism. king was courageous and had a bit of aggression, but got carried away a few times. Having coaches favorites like jordan mcmahon and a few others didnt help his chances of selection.

Maybe it was his age that made people go off him and be less forgiving. King is capable player so cant see king being traded for an unknown quantity because he isnt that old.

He was everyone's hero early in the year, coincidentally when the media were all over him and then they stopped and coincidentally so did some Tiger fans. Funny that.

Got worked out pretty easily. Can't offset his weakness with his strengths, for all his courage and aggression he is too small and makes dumb decisions. We have enough rebounding backmen and King hasn't shown that he has the goods to become a midfielder or crumbing forward.

Don't think he should be delisted, but if a worthy trade was on the table I jump at it.

Unfortunately he just doesn't cut it. Exposed to easily close to goal. Could be a decent tagger in the forward line but is never going to push out more damaging players like Brown, Connors, Morton.

Take anything we can get for him. Sad to see him go but we can't keep blokes on the list because they are good to watch or they put heaps of effort in. I highly doubt any club would part with a second or third rounder for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake King! should he be traded or not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back