Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles will need to rely on their older guys to make finals. We've seen how fast the cliff can come so it's a wait and see. Waterman is 26 and Allen is 25. Apart from that Reid is the only young guy who's been impactful.
Definitely
Outside of Reid , ginbey certainly showing a bit , with perhaps few glimpses from Hough and long,what the media and most importantly their supporters are missing is all the major contributions are coming from their experienced players.

Still have yeo and Allen to come back so will definitely trouble a lot more sides going fwd .
Just be interesting how things pan out for them going fwd tho as it looks likely they could be ending up closer to mid table than low in the next couple years which I’m pretty sure will not be beneficial to them long term unless they draft out of their arse .

We could get a run on. Get Cox back, some blokes who are trying to get in the team start flexing.
Chapman looking more comfortable.
Johnson starting to show his potential, Young etc.
Our ascension will come from defence
The ingredients are there. I'm getting more confident with Longmuir too

Eagles will need to rely on their older guys to make finals. We've seen how fast the cliff can come so it's a wait and see. Waterman is 26 and Allen is 25. Apart from that Reid is the only young guy who's been impactful.
I don't think so.
Hough has been excellent all year, Ginbey is a unit, they still have Hewitt to come back in, and another top 5 pick to come. Plus Long that has ****ed his knee but will be back mid next year.
If they can sign Reid on for an extension there's actually quite a bit to build around. I was reading on here at the start of the year they are historically bad and in for many more years of pain. I suspect they've passed their nadir already

While I don’t wish them the ultimate success, WA footy and therefore Freo need a strong west coast team.

We want teams to dread travelling over here and playing here REGARDLESS of the opponent. That doesn’t mean they necessarily have to beat every travelling team, but if they make it hard for whoever comes over here and win a few slogs or thump the odd team then so be it.

They don’t have as many guys on their list as easy to hate either which helps.

Get Yeo in there and that midfield is looking scary. Ginbey is suspect with his field kicking. Melbourne were let down by Billings and the young first year kid Caleb, and they didn’t show wonder boy enough respect at the centre bounce. My god he is strong for his age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harley Reid is a freak.
He will play fifty games with the Eagles before signing "the biggest contract in afl history" with Collingwood or whoever?
Forty one games to go!
The tears will be Dead Sea salty!
Let's all enjoy the ride

Eagles will be playing finals next year..as long as Mcfat stays fit.

This is clearly Waterman’s season to savour. I would imagine it’ll be the same usual bs next year. History shows even ave Fwds can produce a marvellous season then go missing.
Wow, that's a huge call. I'd definitely bet against that.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could get a run on. Get Cox back, some blokes who are trying to get in the team start flexing.
Chapman looking more comfortable.
Johnson starting to show his potential, Young etc.
Our ascension will come from defence
The ingredients are there. I'm getting more confident with Longmuir too
Imagine if Amiss gets his confidence back 😊

Definitely
Outside of Reid , ginbey certainly showing a bit , with perhaps few glimpses from Hough and long,what the media and most importantly their supporters are missing is all the major contributions are coming from their experienced players.

Still have yeo and Allen to come back so will definitely trouble a lot more sides going fwd .
Just be interesting how things pan out for them going fwd tho as it looks likely they could be ending up closer to mid table than low in the next couple years which I’m pretty sure will not be beneficial to them long term unless they draft out of their arse .

This is one of the many reasons for our optimism this season.

We want them to finish 11th - 13th.

And next season 8th - 10th.

Then they will have a drop off from their senior players and sit around 10th - 12th for 3-4 years.

I don't think so.
Hough has been excellent all year, Ginbey is a unit, they still have Hewitt to come back in, and another top 5 pick to come. Plus Long that has ****ed his knee but will be back mid next year.
If they can sign Reid on for an extension there's actually quite a bit to build around. I was reading on here at the start of the year they are historically bad and in for many more years of pain. I suspect they've passed their nadir already

It is a fact that the last few years they have been historically bad.

If you go through the list of their 28-29 year olds and over, you will find most of their top performers in that bracket. They are in for a few years of middling table results and then will have to replace a good portion of their spine.

Ya it’s definitely the biggest improvement of performance relative to perceived ability in the shortest amount of time I think I’ve ever seen in a player

The only comparison that comes to mind is Steve smith

So yeah waterman guaranteed
GOAT
😜

Remove this Banner Ad

Back