Autopsy Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a discussion with my uncle who was at the game. I floated the thought that perhaps Battle is out the door? Saints view it as if the contract is good enough ie a McKay type compo pick and we finish low enough that we nab 2 top 10 picks.
Not saying I'd want to see Battle leave but i could definitely see Saints powerbrokers think they were being 'smart'. Like we were 'smart' with BJ and Dal.
This would make us a fu#@ing stupid club. Which we have proven for over 150 years.

It’s hard enough watching the 3 hours of the broadcast at the moment.

But the weeklong negative stuff in the media and social media just acts to drain every last bit of enjoyment from your life.

I can’t avoid the disappointment but I can attempt to limit the ongoing depression that flows from the reading of opinions whether they be from reporters, journalists, shock jocks, Saints supporters or opposition supporters.

Will keep watching the games, but will try to limit between game internetting of football content.

Stay safe and sane everybody

So … will Lyon last the year ? We’re not only losing, we’re just awful to watch. And Lyon’s antics are just embarrassing.

The season is shot, so we could keep Lyon to get us a good draft pick - but with this gameplan we’ll get 22 Sunday twilight time slots and may lose even some of the most loyal supporters forever.

Sorry, Lyon, thank you for two (three) GF memories, but you’re just not up to it today.

Would Melbourne allow McQualter to start next week ?

If Battles goes and we finish bottom 4… we should target to get pick 5 as compensation pick.. then trade out Steele for a young mid and more draft picks… let Silvagne/Allan go to work…

If you want to destroy the club and send us on a worse trajectory than North you'd do this.

Come on everybody turn that frown upside down.
Just be glad you’re not the saints social media dude trying to come up with positives after shit like that.
Think I’m gonna switch over to the Suns.

So … will Lyon last the year ? We’re not only losing, we’re just awful to watch. And Lyon’s antics are just embarrassing.

The season is shot, so we could keep Lyon to get us a good draft pick - but with this gameplan we’ll get 22 Sunday twilight time slots and may lose even some of the most loyal supporters forever.

Sorry, Lyon, thank you for two (three) GF memories, but you’re just not up to it today.

Would Melbourne allow McQualter to start next week ?
What a ridiculous post. Lyon ain’t going anywhere.

I've been an enthusiastic supporter of Lyon's return, and I am a patient man. Losing games I cam deal with,

But watching us play, the whole team looks like it's going through the motions and I can't understand it. Steele looks like an emotional hostage, not one player seems prepared to take the game on, they wander about chaperoning oppo players and looking for cheapies, fumbling marks and kicking carelessly. This cannot be a single player issue, but Ross is no mug so I cannot fathom how it is still this bad.

If its not Ratts,
and it's not the players,
And it's not Ross,
And it's not the list manager,
And it's not the president,
WTF is it?
THE CURSE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been an enthusiastic supporter of Lyon's return, and I am a patient man. Losing games I cam deal with,

But watching us play, the whole team looks like it's going through the motions and I can't understand it. Steele looks like an emotional hostage, not one player seems prepared to take the game on, they wander about chaperoning oppo players and looking for cheapies, fumbling marks and kicking carelessly. This cannot be a single player issue, but Ross is no mug so I cannot fathom how it is still this bad.

If its not Ratts,
and it's not the players,
And it's not Ross,
And it's not the list manager,
And it's not the president,
WTF is it?
Systemic cultural incompetence.

I actually wouldn't be completely surprised if RTB quit in the next month or two. If he can't get through to the players then he might think the game's not worth the candle.
Yeah I agree. He will quit, the question is when. I think he pack it in around this time next year.

Back from the game. Left once we had to kick 3 to catch them.

We're a joke.

I can't believe people bag Roma. He's our best player by a huge margin.

Lyon was completely outcoached tonight. Freo had loose players out the back of nearly every stoppage. It was blowing my mind. Made it so easy for them.

We are the dumbest team in the comp. If a player is in the clear and has an opportunity to kick it inside 50, he has no idea what to do.

As I said earlier, our inability to hit a clean target inside 50 is staggering. Our general decision making is deplorable. It's players... and it's coaching.

We're a f*cking shambles.

Bonner can go. I actually laughed out loud when they called the goal back only for bonner to gift them one.

No more excuses.... pressure needs to come on Lyon. Maybe then he'll stop giving Harvey and Goddard reacharounds.

All our players need to learn that in a scenario when you have option a, b, and c, which is the best option to take. I know that sounds ridiculously simplistic, but they're just clueless.

Yeah let's put Paton forward.... genius.

FMD... we are SO sh*t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back