Autopsy Hecking Heck - Walyalup defeat Euro-Yroke by 12 Scoring Shots at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

babe something GIF

Last year we lost to saints Roos crows lions dogs tigers

We have beaten all those teams already and lost to swans port and blues who we lost to last year only team we’ve lost to that we beat last year is the eagles so if you look at it so far we are 5 games ahead of where we were last year we are tracking in the right direction just need to fix up a few things

Shots on goal during training are not going to translate to the pressure of the game. It’s actually worse bringing it up and making it an actual problem because then everyone has it in their heads and over thinks things.

It’s not a skill thing, it’s entirely mental and that’s the side of things they need to fix

When it is mental a player's routine goes out the window. They need to work on it so it becomes automatic and they can trust in it come game time.

this goal kicking business is all about a young team still coming to terms with how good they can be. Once they accept their awesomeness they will switch on. That’s what I reckon
Jlo, if you are listening, tell the boys to accept their awesomeness.

What would you pay for a back up ruckman?
St Kilda got theirs for a rookie pick.

Jackson .. 2 firsts and a second with a bit f change coming back.

What did we recruit Jackson?

Would you have preferred Jackson forward over Voss?

Can a side carry three players Fyfe, Walters, Omeara? I suggest only one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be perfectly honest, the forward talent is so disastrous if just one of Freddy, Amiss or Treacy are out that I'm honestly checked out a bit for my own well being. We just aren't doing anything until there's aome actual small talent up there. I'm still massive on this list but feels like we are just treading water until it's fixed (and I'm not just talking about goal kicking).
It's really dire and you'll see just how poor the smalls played when you watch.

Liam Baker for Emmett or Walters improves us immediately in that area. I still think we should throw some cash at Ainsworth - word is he's getting lowballed at GC. Fingers crossed Simpson comes on in his second year after a year in the WAFL.

Otherwise its hit the draft and get the best forwards available with our remaining firsts and hope one is AFL ready.

To quote Zapp Brannigan in Futurama; Replace 'killbots' with 'Saints' and 'men' with 'behinds'.

"You see, killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down."

What would you pay for a back up ruckman?
St Kilda got theirs for a rookie pick.

Jackson .. 2 firsts and a second with a bit f change coming back.

What did we recruit Jackson?

Would you have preferred Jackson forward over Voss?

Can a side carry three players Fyfe, Walters, Omeara? I suggest only one.
I actually thought Voss did great up forward (aside from the obvious). Got himself 4 shots and played a part in a few of the others too.

Marshall got the chocolates but Jackson was so influential. I don’t have a problem with either of that. We have plenty of players we’ve gotten for cheap. They paid a shit ton for their winger and we got ours for free.

Walters plays for Walters
Played selfish today. Flew for that one he should have stayed down for as well as that torp.

Dockers would have to be the worst crumbling team in the league

Switta had a couple of nice moments but my goodness between Emmett, Sonny switta are we carrying a few up forward.

I think if Shultz doesn't leave we would probably be top 2 right now

Going to leave the goalkicking to one side in this assessment:

+ve
  • While Marshall took the points, Jackson was immense.
  • Midfield forced their way back into it after getting reamed early.
  • Sharp continues to be an exceptional recruit.
  • Clark and Ryan back to it after an off week last week.
  • Owned most of the game, while being let down by poor execution.
  • (Again, leaving aside goalkicking) I thought all three of the key forwards had pretty solid games.
  • Kept them goalless for the better part of half a game.

-ve
  • The lack of pressure from the small forwards is deeply concerning - that Voss, Treacy and Jye are providing better contest and second effort work that Switta, Emmett and Sonny is a real worry. Think we have to look at Delean or Simpson coming in if it doesn't improve.
  • The amount of times we tried to kick it to Sonny one, two or three-on-one early was giving me Ross-era flashbacks.
  • Our spread obviously helps with our ball movement and attack on the corridor, but it does leave us really undermanned at the contest on occasion.
  • Johnson improved as the game went on, but jeez he was a liability early.

The silver lining is that you can almost throw a blanket over everyone from 2nd to about 13th (Sydney being the outlier). But it means we need to take our chances, which means fixing the set shots. Dunno whether it's sport psych work, extra routine practice or slaughtering a goat at Thursday training, but we need to get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back