Autopsy Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrong, StKilda originally had pick 6 , which could have landed Serong.
6 was traded for 12 and 18, then we got pick 10 back after we traded 12 and 18 for Howard and Ryder.
Another ****ing howler because gags and lethers were playing super coach.

We all know where our midfield stands BUT our forward line shouldn’t be so bad. You can’t win a game with just 8 goals. It’s just so s….!!!!! I’m calling ECO
Mid field supplies the forward line. If supply is so crap, your forwards will not score. inside 50 stats can be deceptive, as they don't show how bad the supply was.

we are legit bottom 4 now(hawthorn will win a few more,they can see the light),can we get something right and stay there and get ourselves a decent pick?or can i just predct it with so much ease already,that we will get on a little mini roll and come hurtling home to finish 10th or 11th,just to completely top off the frustration?

are we keeping in contact telling mccluggage that we are tanking,as a best path to a flag?trying to offset the"no way im going to that crap club"thing that we surely must have
My take on it is you have no chance of winning any game if you can at least make a contest in the midfield - tonight was a perfect example .
Even our development of our kids will suffer if we can get first use of the ball.

Some how we need to find a midfield
Having a discussion with my uncle who was at the game. I floated the thought that perhaps Battle is out the door? Saints view it as if the contract is good enough ie a McKay type compo pick and we finish low enough that we nab 2 top 10 picks.
Not saying I'd want to see Battle leave but i could definitely see Saints powerbrokers think they were being 'smart'. Like we were 'smart' with BJ and Dal.
I have no confidence in Sos or Lyon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Ben Paton go tagging Jordan Clark?! If the saints are serious, Paton and Z Jones should never play again and delisted at years end.

Play Hotton, Hastie and anyone with two arms and two legs over those two blokes.

Stocker, Seb and Membrey not playing VFL tomorrow, so they really are rested lol.

We kicked 2 goals within the first 10 minutes or so, then 6 more for the rest of the game. Midfield is bloody sparse. We do some dumb s**t too, chip it around in our backline then give it to our ruckman to take the exit kick. Lot of hospital handballs. Lot of broken tackles.

Also I never usually criticise coaching because you never know what the players are told as opposed to how they execute, but heck me Paton as a forward for 85% of this game? WTF were they thinking? We DROPPED Hayes, Garcia and Hastie and brought in Paton to run around like a headless chook in the forward line. SURELY Hayes is better as a forward even if he's less mobile, he has genuine forward craft and is a decent 2nd ruck. We bring in Jones and Phillipou (let's be honest Jones time as an AFL footballer is done, he's depth) then play Phillipou on ball where he cannot get a touch and was struggling before getting dropped, then at the end of the game throw him forward and he actually kicks a goal and presents at 2 marking contests well (unlucky not to get paid one mark/in the back at a contest), WTF is the logic in persisting with him at stoppages when he's not showing promise as a mid but has shown promise as a forward? Honestly setting ourselves up for failure.

Some real questionable coaching and selection decisions.
He dropped a sitter, that virtually killed us off

Wrong, StKilda originally had pick 6 , which could have landed Serong.
6 was traded for 12 and 18, then we got pick 10 back after we traded 12 and 18 for Howard and Ryder.
I'm not "wrong", I'm responding to someone saying we gave up Acres and Serong for Hill.

The broader point though is valid- we should've kept pick 6. Far too many times St Kilda has given up their top pick over the last 15 or 16 years. I think they've learnt their lesson now. We haven't traded our top pick since 2019.

Looks to me like a lot of players are not responding to Lyon's outdated 2010 game plan. The body language shows they are not enjoying their football. Half the team could quite easily be dropped to Sandy, but Sandy are so bad, that you have to think, what's the point
What makes u think Ross trying 2010 game plan? U in the box and meetings with him? Come on mate he has coaches around him that have been in other great clubs recently u think they haven’t given him advice? It’s not the coaching staff, u can polish a shit so much it’s still a shit

s**t club. s**t game.

Maybe someone who's at the game can comment but on TV I swear I've seen more life at a cemetery.

Commentators even said it felt like a morgue in there.

Not surprised it felt like a morgue.

I'm not going to another game this year, literally a waste of my time to make the effort, if the club won't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back