Autopsy Pies v Kuwarna (Crows) - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sat May 18TH 1:45PM (M.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Side bar.... I've been thinking for a while that they should let players run far further without bouncing

I'm talking like 25m at least.

It seems like one of those rules that made sense once upon a time, but isn't particularly relevant in the modern game. And, it would potentially open things up a bit.
Seeing dudes break lines with their running is one of the more exciting parts of modern footy.

Imagine if players didn't have to bounce, and throwing the ball was allowed. It would be so much faster and free flowing, not to mention easier to umpire. Not a suggestion, just pondering what the game might look like with those two rule changes.

It's not whataboutism. It's exactly on point. The outrage is the inconsistency, and that the umpire would choose that particular moment to suddenly adjudicate to the letter of the law. What can't you understand about that?
Of course it should be consistent, I’ll lead the charge if you like. Unfortunately the umpires make mistakes with every rule.

The “outrage” should be directed at the incorrect decisions, not the correct ones. It’s not hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows lost because, once again, there's too many players that lack composure. Keays going for glory instead of passing off to anyone of three free players would have iced 30 seconds off the clock. Instead, it's a turnover and a coast-to-coast goal to de Goey.

That's the game, if Keays had any composure, then the free against Rankine doesn't happen.

Can someone tell which Crows player kicked the would be winning goal? Fox Footy cut away from it before it happened.
Yeah I missed it as well. Crows were robbed.....

God some of you guys are touchy. I've said the free kick against Rankine was there, I've said that Schultz should have gotten a free. I've said that you guys did well to take your chances. I'm not sure if you're trying to point out a contradiction in my post that isn't there, or if you're making a cheap gag about a typo.

I don't think it's ludicrous to suggest that the Crows should have won that game given their dominance in the last quarter.

That doesn't change the fact that you're a better team than what you showed today, I really don't get why any Pies fans would take exception to my comment.

The Crows lost because, once again, there's too many players that lack composure. Keays going for glory instead of passing off to anyone of three free players would have iced 30 seconds off the clock. Instead, it's a turnover and a coast-to-coast goal to de Goey.

That's the game, if Keays had any composure, then the free against Rankine doesn't happen.
Yeah that's what I thought and said at the time. The Keays shot on goal was the moment. Complete brain fade that showed no understanding of the situation. Arguably same with ROB playing on to Rachele, though I understood that more given how terrible he is with ball in hand.

I like how the thread switches from he didn't run too far. To realising he did and now it is they never pay those ones.
Look, it was the crows getting towelled at clearances that truly cost us the win, but it would have been nice if the umpire put his whistle away on that one like they did with the dawson head high contact with 10 seconds to go in the game last year when he was dead in front 20m out to win that game for us.

We got screwed last year and this year when it would have benefited us, low and behold, the umps choose to police a rule they had not done all day.

Anyway, its done now and you guys won because you belted us at the clearances and we were on the defensive all day because of it. If/when we work out how to dominate in that area, we might get a win against your mob

Well that ends that debate. Fox footy have said he ran 24.2m.

Free kick all day every day.
I couldn't care less about the result, but there's no way he ran more than 15 and definitely not 24.2m.
He took 10 steps, so they're saying that each step was roughly 2.5m long? I don't think so.
I reckon some kicks went further than that and were called play on.

Even if it wasn't called, there's no guarantee that the Crows would've scored.

EDIT: I've watched the lab again and changed my mind. Ran too far.

I couldn't care less about the result, but there's no way he ran more than 15 and definitely not 24.2m.
He took 10 steps, so they're saying that each step was roughly 2.5m long? I don't think so.
I reckon some kicks went further than that and were called play on.

Even if it wasn't called, there's no guarantee that the Crows would've scored.

I'll happily accept that Rankine ran too far and I look forward to this free kick being paid multiple times per game from now on.

Kick outs is the one I reckon players get far too much leeway with. I'm sure there are many examples, but I remember there was one in the last quarter where Noble would've run at least 20m out of the square without a bounce before kicking.

But I think the AFL doesn't mind seeing this, so it won't be adjudicated properly.

Back