Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It's 15 metres not 15 steps. He would have run 20 give or take.

The real issue is blokes running the best part of 25 metres from kick ins and the umpires not giving a s**t.

Those clown pick that moment to pay one that was at best marginal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those clown pick that moment to pay one that was at best marginal?
J Daicos runs more than that every single time he gets the ball.
I agree it was a shit call because it's not consistent with how the rule has been umpired this season.

Someone will measure how far he ran exactly and I'm certain it will be over 15 metres and an objectively correct call.

I reckon almost every play on kick in and about 10-15 times a game you could find examples of players running further however.

It just doesn't surprise me they finally called it when it won a big Vic club the game.

Once again the maggots get involved in a close one...absolutely no feel for the game. When it comes to close ones like that it should be like the finals, only pay the extremely obvious ones and let them play!!!

So far this season:

Carlton beating Freo
Essendon beating Adelaide
Collingwood beating Adelaide

All with significantly controversial umpiring decisions influencing the outcomes of the above games.

That may be the difference been 1-2 big Victorian clubs in finals and 3.

I'm sure the AFL is happy.

It's 15 metres not 15 steps. He would have run 20 give or take.

The real issue is blokes running the best part of 25 metres from kick ins and the umpires not giving a s**t.
As someone that worked as an electrician often using the method for a rough measure of a distance running cable, a full stride is surprisingly close to 1m. Imo if he only took 15 steps or strides there no way he ran more than 15m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back