List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Don’t venture in here much. Not reading back through the shit fights.

Ben Ainsworth. RFA. Four year deal on the table at GC but future up in the air per the tweet of the day.

He’s a Vic so no reason why he’d choose us, but in the hypothetical world where all we have to do is give a four year deal with a bit of an overpay, any takers?

27 in January next year, immediately gets into our B22 on a flank. Think there’s a bit of Jayden Hunt about the type of deal, where it doesn’t blow anyone away but makes a genuinely appreciated improvement to the team in an age bracket we’re missing.

Could even do a pick 2 and an overpay for compo, in exchange for their two firsts (say 9/10). Two throws of the dice for us, they get an early pick presumably ahead of all the bids.

Why would I be trolling you, you're the one who originally replied to me get over yourself.

It's simple, Bailey is our number 1 Ruck. Until someone replaces him he can't be traded. Flynn although a ok player has a suspect history with injury. Until Flynn comes in and plays multiple games and shows that Bailey isn't needed the jury will be out on him. I want to see Flynn do well and I couldn't care less if Bailey was traded but you don't do it without even seeing Flynn play a game. This discussion is for the end of round 23
I and presumably the west coast list management staff have watched many of Flynns games, hes not some unknown like you think he is :tearsofjoy: .
If we had somehow recruited Max Gawn instead of Flynn would you have still been calling BW our number 1 ruck until we saw Gawn play for us? Sounds a bit like you would have

Anyway now im done

Yeah and we see Bailey williams for baker the same way,even saw Baker is a role player apparently but you're offering him close to 1 mill a season lulz

Baker is worth more than Williams

Baker is a role player. A good one, but still a role player

Who knows what the offer is, last I read we hadn’t actually made one yet
With Keys here.
Even if we have made an offer (and this is the first 'evidence' I've seen of any offer) I cannot imagine it would be anywhere near a Million. Half that if you're lucky, maybe $600k.

Out:
B.Williams, F3

In:
L.Baker, R4

Then FA English to be an upgrade on Bailey?

I and presumably the west coast list management staff have watched many of Flynns games, hes not some unknown like you think he is :tearsofjoy: .
If we had somehow recruited Max Gawn instead of Flynn would you have still been calling BW our number 1 ruck until we saw Gawn play for us? Sounds a bit like you would have

Anyway now im done
Everyone knows gawns a jet majority of fans would've googled Flynn when we landed him.

No worries

Don’t venture in here much. Not reading back through the s**t fights.

Ben Ainsworth. RFA. Four year deal on the table at GC but future up in the air per the tweet of the day.

He’s a Vic so no reason why he’d choose us, but in the hypothetical world where all we have to do is give a four year deal with a bit of an overpay, any takers?

27 in January next year, immediately gets into our B22 on a flank. Think there’s a bit of Jayden Hunt about the type of deal, where it doesn’t blow anyone away but makes a genuinely appreciated improvement to the team in an age bracket we’re missing.

Could even do a pick 2 and an overpay for compo, in exchange for their two firsts (say 9/10). Two throws of the dice for us, they get an early pick presumably ahead of all the bids.
I like him. High impact, underrated. Probably on a squillion dollars at GC, though.

Not sure if you were including AFL listed rucks who are stuck in state league but Ned Moyle would comfortably give a good account of himself in the AFL. He’s played 1 AFL game this year and is destroying everyone at VFL level but is stuck there due to Witts.

A trade to GCS to get their 1Rs and Moyle would be hugely beneficial and let them get above Lombard or bank 2025 points.

Otherwise we’d need to gauge the development of Batman and when we think he’d be ready if BWilliams was traded and if he isn’t ready what stop gap we could put in place.
Wasn’t talking about listed players. They can’t be picked up for free.

GC will want to keep Moyle with Witt’s aging, but worth asking the question.

This is a fantastic idea if he’s keen. Pay enough for an end of 1st round then trade pick 3 and our F2 for their 3 other 1R picks.

They leave with a pick this year before Lombard, get an early 2R for points next year and still have the end of 1R compo to trade back for points for this year and/or next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who think we offer up Bailey for Baker, you have to go back to Sinclair to see us pushing a player out and Sinclair was out of contract.

We have in the past been very loyal to interstate players who commit to us. Only way I see Bailey becoming a Tiger is if he wants to go home. Everything I’ve heard is contrary to that - he is seen to be loving his football and loving life in Perth.

What message would the club be sending to our band of interstate youth if we are seen as asking an in-contract players to leave and go back to Prictoria?
If it did eventuate it'd send the message that the club is looking to improve

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jesus. We’ve just seen with Reid that top picks are difference makers compared to later first rounders like Ginbey who are solid. We should not be giving up pick 2/3 unless it’s an overwhelming deal.

Baker improves our best 22. Versatile player who fills a role either at HBF, HFF or in the middle. He’s no superstar but he’d be a good get.

I strongly doubt we offer up our 2024 FRP. I also doubt we split it.

I could see us sending our 2025 FRP if Richmond gave us their 2025 SRP back, for example. Risky…but if the club is bullish that by adding Baker, 2025 FRP, plus another preseason into Reid/Ginbey/Hewett et al gets us climbing closer to the back end of the top 8, it could be worthwhile.
you think we will trade our 2025 first rounder for baker for Richmond's 2nd? No chance at all

Jesus. We’ve just seen with Reid that top picks are difference makers compared to later first rounders like Ginbey who are solid. We should not be giving up pick 2/3 unless it’s an overwhelming deal.
I'm not a draft guy, but the general chat I've seen is that there's no clear Harley Reid of the class and they're all pretty close to one another.

I know, I know, every draft is a super draft, but if people say that the guy at 3 isn't a mile away from the guy at 8 this year, give me 8+10.

Totally depends on the analysis of the draft and it’s much easier to analyse when you can put names to the picks. In any year if a club offered Pick 2 and Pick 3 for Pick 1 they’d take it in a heartbeat. However if a club could offer us McKercher and Walter for Harley would you take it? I absolutely wouldn’t.

After the champs it will become far more clear who pick 3 gets you and who 2 picks around 8-10 will get you. At the moment it’s probably Jagga Smith OR Christian Moraes AND Tobie Travaglia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back