Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

taking your hurt feelings to the news happens way too much these days
How often does it happen, though?

This is nothing - you should see some of the stuff that comes in on my email with a bunch of journalists CC'd.

Journalists have the option NOT to write about stuff.

How often does it happen, though?

This is nothing - you should see some of the stuff that comes in on my email with a bunch of journalists CC'd.

Journalists have the option NOT to write about stuff.
Seeing who the journalist is makes you realise straight away why she choose to write the article

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I had to do an online Sexual Harassment in the Workplace seminar this morning.

I work from home 4/5 days.

Now I can't even enjoy my own company.

:(
Sure you can.
Just need to establish consent has been given first.

What's she done in the past?
to be nice and to use a term in the article, she isn't a straight sized girl

But most of her articles are about nepo babies, tik tok viral stuff. Topics that someone born before 2000 probably dont have much interest/knowledge in

Possibly but the facts it's news worthy highlights a bigger societal issue.

I mean you could technically be a smoker or an alcoholic and be healthy. A doctor telling someone to not drink so much or not to smoke is fine, but telling them to watch what they eat is not? Strange times

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
stop reading news.com.au and you'll find that this sort of thing isn't actually news worth anywhere else*

*also don't read the daily mail

stop reading news.com.au and you'll find that this sort of thing isn't actually news worth anywhere else*

*also don't read the daily mail
that is a very legit point you make

Senior managers that can't actually manage so find small vices to try & control so they feel important...

"you were checking basketball scores, save it for lunch. It isn't a good look"

GFY, we have colleagues doing puzzles in the common area or going out for a smoke every hour. BTW, have you actually read the brief you were sent about decommissioning a system?

"not yet. Reminds me your WFH is being wound back, we want people back in the office more"

Convenient you've glossed over the actual concrete work and focusing on nothing issues.

seek.com.au - for when people are too stupid to deal with. Should be their slogan!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior managers that can't actually manage so find small vices to try & control so they feel important...

GFY, we have colleagues doing puzzles in the common area or going out for a smoke every hour. BTW, have you actually read the brief you were sent about decommissioning a system?

"not yet. Reminds me your WFH is being wound back, we want people back in the office more"

Convenient you've glossed over the actual concrete work and focusing on nothing issues.

seek.com.au - for when people are too stupid to deal with. Should be their slogan!
Solid leap of a segue that one.

The exact opposite of our director. He called me into his office to watch a bit from a Cheech and Chong movie the other week ha ha. He's very good at his job but he also frequently does shit like this.

The exact opposite of our director. He called me into his office to watch a bit from a Cheech and Chong movie the other week ha ha. He's very good at his job but he also frequently does s**t like this.
this guy on the right?
1715748503641.png

The exact opposite of our director. He called me into his office to watch a bit from a Cheech and Chong movie the other week ha ha. He's very good at his job but he also frequently does s**t like this.
I had a boss who used to drag me out on Friday's to go the pub and put footy tips in. He was legitimately good at his job, they relied on him for heaps of extra stuff but he also kind of didn't give a monkeys. The fact he was intelligent and a real manager, people listened when he asked for something

These idiots that just manage small vices to look busy, surely no one respects them but how did they even get the job? In my experience the most relaxed managers are the ones who are actually good at their job and the stress heads always busy saying shit like 'oh its 230 already, where does the time go?' are the morons

I had a boss who used to drag me out on Friday's to go the pub and put footy tips in. He was legitimately good at his job, they relied on him for heaps of extra stuff but he also kind of didn't give a monkeys. The fact he was intelligent and a real manager, people listened when he asked for something

These idiots that just manage small vices to look busy, surely no one respects them but how did they even get the job? In my experience the most relaxed managers are the ones who are actually good at their job and the stress heads always busy saying s**t like 'oh its 230 already, where does the time go?' are the morons

Probably the key with our director actually. Another thing is I've had bosses who talk a big game to me about how they speak to upper management but when I'm there they'll bow the head and "good idea boss". He's the exact same in front of the big wigs, should be the case always but is rare in my experience.

Probably the key with our director actually. Another thing is I've had bosses who talk a big game to me about how they speak to upper management but when I'm there they'll bow the head and "good idea boss". He's the exact same in front of the big wigs, should be the case always but is rare in my experience.
I vowed to do this a while back when listing problems was viewed as a negative by management at the time. Just 'play the game' for your own prospects, results be damned kind of thinking

But gee this place is too stupid, I could have nipped a few problems earlier or saved myself re-work had I argued in a few meetings haha

I vowed to do this a while back when listing problems was viewed as a negative by management at the time. Just 'play the game' for your own prospects, results be damned kind of thinking

But gee this place is too stupid, I could have nipped a few problems earlier or saved myself re-work had I argued in a few meetings haha

I have done this in previous roles where dissent is less accepted by management for sure. In my current situation we have robust and healthy debates and end up with a way better outcome, because I'm being honest with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back