Game Day Geelong v Port Friday May 10 710 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of players observing and not getting stuck in. Clark needs stickier hands if he is going to make it at his size but early days. Cameron needs to hold more marks, be cleaner when the ball is on the ground and not get caught in possession if he wants to be the best player in the league. He is getting paid enough.

I hope he plays in the middle all game... even though he hasn't (for some unknown reason to me) been given the chance to do that in the VFL.
Pace, speed, power.

Anything could happen with him and I'm here for it.

A favourite of Drunkcat who has been on him for a while and being proven correct

Port: wines 18, butters 17, jfh 15, boak 12.

Geelong: c guthrie 9, blicavs 9, Clark 7, Atkins 6.
Like I said far too many defensive mids with not enough offensive mids to balance it out with Danger and Bruhn missing …it’s a pity that Guthrie hasn’t switched on but it’s his second week back

Kicking to one on ones in the forward pocket in this weather is so dumb but Geelong has decided that it makes sense. In this weather, just get it forward quickly.

We would often break even or get beaten slightly, but not this bad. You can’t get slaughtered like this and expect to win. You need a level of competitiveness
Yeah, this shows what an actual midfield mauling looks like.

The "maulings" we received with 2-3 of Dangerfield, Bruhn and Bowes playing were actually still competitive and our pressure on opposition midfielder disposals elite.

This has been "watch them complete a training run" stuff by comparison.

Does anyone here think we can win this game from here?
Abso****inglutely!

WE ARE GEELONG!!!

Dig deep! Tough love from coaches! Just do it for Hawkins!

Perhaps team selection was too underwhelming! Time for the selected players to stand up!

Not the end of the world if we lose, 7 - 2 is still a terrific start to the season.

I do think my bête noir has reared it's ugly head again, complacency + arrogance.

Stand tall, every player to take responsibility + heads down, bums up - a win 🤞 🤞 🤞

Is there a worse midfield in the comp? Maybe Hawks but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he plays in the middle all game... even though he hasn't (for some unknown reason to me) been given the chance to do that in the VFL.

plenty of kicks/marks defensively last week for the lad, but too early to be responsible for a tag
at the worst he's better than our ruckman feeding them

I seem to recall myself posting to go after LDU hard...

Seems fitting at this point.
We will go hard at him... Everyone will.

Just gotta cross your fingers and hope he like the idea of living in Geelong.

He will have just about every club in the comp offering him a big contract.

Because we are known to not offer silly overs... I think he might go elsewhere.

Parfitt shown up for lack of pace
I would have taken him off, played Stanleyvforward, put Stewart and Cameron in the middle
We're too tall and slow so a tall was correct. I just half expected it to be Jack Henry.

Jhye Clark 13 i didn't see it before but kind of do now. I'd be keen for the doritos express to leave the station and pull Jacky boy out of service for a week just to see what would happen

Clark and Parfitt aren't good enough to be out there.

Bowes should have played. Humphries too, which would have allowed us to play Holmes as a mid.

I suggested 3-4 weeks ago that Duncan was a concern and I got absolutely crucified.
His last 2 weeks have been so far below the first 7. So you went early. It's fine to go now.

We are in fact seeing the result of having a cooked Duncan compared to the version called cooked incorrectly (round 1-7). It is a big difference.

Back home decided to try and watch now... I see that Mullin is standing Horne Francis... interesting

Abso****inglutely!

WE ARE GEELONG!!!

Dig deep! Tough love from coaches! Just do it for Hawkins!

Perhaps team selection was too underwhelming! Time for the selected players to stand up!

Not the end of the world if we lose, 7 - 2 is still a terrific start to the season.

I do think my bête noir has reared it's ugly head again, complacency + arrogance.

Stand tall, every player to take responsibility + heads down, bums up - a win 🤞 🤞 🤞
Yeah nah it’s lost in the middle too outmatched …effort alone won’t solve that tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back