Game Day Geelong v Port Friday May 10 710 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worrying for Parfitt. Tasked with tracking JHF. JHF wins it at stoppage and then puts 15m on him for the handball receive at one point during that quarter.

Parfitt brings a few specific strengths to the side and he's not delivering on any at the moment.

Cam Guthrie is being abused out there as well. I'd like to say he's coming back from injury etc etc. Reality is he's had a month training block and 2 weeks on the half back line to prepare. Hoping it's just him working his way into the season.

Bodes poorly for us if not.

It would take an enormous effort, we lack the quality so it would take manic pressure and effort for the rest of the match.

The boys do not seem inclined to do that tonight.
We will claw back abit but we won’t win this one it would take Poet falling asleep for a half for it to happen in the middle

Been getting smashed in the midfield all year. Was only a matter of time before the losses start to pile up
I agree... We were winning, but I never believed we were going that well.

I'll happily take the wins, but unless Danger is going berzerk later in the year, I don't think we will challenge.

Guthrie also not the same player, although hopefully in a few more weeks he gets back to what he can be.

Mullin going into the middle is a sign to me that we got this wrong before the game even started.

Our midfielders just dont get enough of the ball this year. Scott had worked out a way around in but now opposition coaches have switched on and set up for it.
Work what out?? We simply are getting pulverized around the ball. Any game plan is going to look a million bucks if you get ontop like that in the middle

Leading possession winners to half time

Blicavs 9
Cameron 9
De Koning 9
Guthrie x2 9
Holmes 9
Kolodjashnij 9

While there leaders have twice as much. Absolutely pathetic lack of spine and leadership tonight.

One player doesn't change it but arrogant/cute bull shit at selection doesn't help and again happens before an underwhelming performance. Bowes did not need to miss this game. Midfield is bad enough with injuries to Damger and Bru. Did not need to further weaken it by needlessly leaving him out.

Leading possession winners to half time

Blicavs 9
Cameron 9
De Koning 9
Guthrie x2 9
Holmes 9
Kolodjashnij 9

While there leaders have twice as much. Absolutely pathetic lack of spine and leadership tonight.

One player doesn't change it but arrogant/cute bull shit at selection doesn't help and again happens before an underwhelming performance. Bowes did not need to miss this game. Midfield is bad enough with injuries to Damger and Bru. Did not need to further weaken it by needlessly leaving him out.

Where to start.
Only decent play was getting Stanley off and Mullin on.
Memo to Conway & Neale. Now is your chance.
Our midfield is ordinary. All good solid foot soldiers but We don’t have a power mid like JHF or Butters when Danger is out and he’s now injury prone.
Shake it up in the 2nd half.
Keep Mullin on the ball.
Miers on ball
Stengle on ball.
I don’t know just anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfielders just dont get enough of the ball this year. Scott had worked out a way around in but now opposition coaches have switched on and set up for it.
I think this is partly true. I think it's also true that King & Scott have found a way to muck it up in there so far this year. That is sight unseen tonight. They are walking the ball out time and again.

So do we stick at it or change it up in second half. Can’t see where spark is coming from.

Nobody has 10 possessions and all the leading cats are from behind the ball!
Think we’ve gotta stick at it. Blitz in ruck is change up enough. Just need to be cleaner with it. Can only do so much with our midfield.

I seem to recall myself posting to go after LDU hard...

Seems fitting at this point.

GO Catters

Could we also drop the "top 25/26 only" policy? There's some talent in the VFL that deserves a look over quite a lot of what's been running around in the seniors over the past 2 weeks.
How Lawson Humphries doesn't get a game on exposed form playing well every week and yet we bring guys in who either haven't played or haven't stood out baffles me.

I get positions matter but geez we could uses a fast and tough backman to play on Rioli right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back