Games FPL 23/24

Remove this Banner Ad

So I traded in Maguire this week :(

However I have two defenders on the bench which ones score will count? Lowest one? Highest one?

It’s based on the order you put them; the first one (ie the one you put furthest left) will count.

Thoughts from others / thinking out aloud.

Plans for BB37 have been wrecked by defender injuries.

Mid / Fwd not too bad, and have 6 doublers plus Saka/Solanke.

I have a bench of
Ortega
2 of Maguire, Van Hecke, Lascelles
Saka/Solanke, as above

Genuinely wondering if doing BB38 instead makes more sense.
Either way I am taking hits, but can just use free transfer to get a 3rd playing defender this week, and then can pick the best options for 38, with the knowledge of injuries, title race, relegation race etc.?

Just hard to see which defenders are worth a -4 this week when Trippier is out, Udogie and Maguire is out, and I have Porro.

Might as well save and go for the best single GW defenders in 38?

Or do I just stick to the plan!
geez that’s grim :(
you’re basically bench booting Solanke this week unless you take hits.
-12 gets you a full squad which isn’t completely terrible except it’s all for defenders.

I’m not sure you’d be in a better position in GW38 though, especially with rotation a real possibility for all players.

I reckon back the doubles, back yourself, take the -12 and cross your fingers. It’s the most fun approach but it could also backfire gloriously.

Alternatively, ignore the BB. play it in 38 but concentrate on getting the best 11 you can for the final 2 weeks and whatever you get from the BB is a bonus.

It’s a tough call to make.
good luck with whatever you do…it looks like you’re due some.

geez that’s grim :(
you’re basically bench booting Solanke this week unless you take hits.
-12 gets you a full squad which isn’t completely terrible except it’s all for defenders.

I’m not sure you’d be in a better position in GW38 though, especially with rotation a real possibility for all players.

I reckon back the doubles, back yourself, take the -12 and cross your fingers. It’s the most fun approach but it could also backfire gloriously.

Alternatively, ignore the BB. play it in 38 but concentrate on getting the best 11 you can for the final 2 weeks and whatever you get from the BB is a bonus.

It’s a tough call to make.
good luck with whatever you do…it looks like you’re due some.

Thanks mate! Much appreciated.

Gonna check out some content, see what the BB37 templates look like and then just make some calculations based on that.

eg.
FPL Mate video has a 'best team' and I have 8/11 on field (Petrovic, Porro, Son, Foden, Gordon, Palmer, Haaland, Isak) and can get one of the other defenders (Gvardiol, Burn) with one free transfer. And don't mind Saka vs Bruno.

Thanks mate! Much appreciated.

Gonna check out some content, see what the BB37 templates look like and then just make some calculations based on that.

eg.
FPL Mate video has a 'best team' and I have 8/11 on field (Petrovic, Porro, Son, Foden, Gordon, Palmer, Haaland, Isak) and can get one of the other defenders (Gvardiol, Burn) with one free transfer. And don't mind Saka vs Bruno.
yeah, if you don’t need to BB then your team is fine. Saka certainly isn’t a problem.

I remember hearing somewhere that 16 points was a breakeven score for bench boost (2 appearance points per player, per game in a DGW).
Taking a -12 makes it difficult to get that.

107 -4 = 103

Bringing in Haaland as captain was the the best move.
Gallagher for Bruno worked out well.
Didn't believe the conspiracy theories that Schar wasn't really injured. Gvardiol was a good move anyway.

107 -4 = 103

Bringing in Haaland as captain was the the best move.
Gallagher for Bruno worked out well.
Didn't believe the conspiracy theories that Schar wasn't really injured. Gvardiol was a good move anyway.
Conspiracy theories? I was saying he might not be out for the season like Howe claimed.

yeah, if you don’t need to BB then your team is fine. Saka certainly isn’t a problem.

I remember hearing somewhere that 16 points was a breakeven score for bench boost (2 appearance points per player, per game in a DGW).
Taking a -12 makes it difficult to get that.
Had already planned to do it, but the United result further cements that.

Saka is going to be a terrific differential this week.

A third Newcastle player is essential.

So will take the hits and do the BB.

Likely
Onana - save point merchant
Solanke
Newcastle defender
/ Possibly Ben White / Dunk for the double plus United in 38.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gw36: 75pts
overall: 908k... down 70k :(

Salah + Saka = :thumbsu:
Zinchenko(DNP) + Schar(DNP) + Bradley(DNP) = :thumbsdown:
not owning Haaland = :cryv1:

i'm making an 8pt hit to get Haaland and using my triple captain !!
OUT - Salah, Watkins, Schar
IN - Gordon, Haaland, Porro

squad:
GK - Dubravka, Areola
DEF - White, Porro, Gvardiol, Zinchenko, Bradley
MID - Son, Saka, Foden, Gordon, Palmer(vc)
FWD - Haaland(c), Isak, Muniz

Need news on Bruno. Will need to replace Van Heke and Schar as it is. Going for 15 doublers for bench boost. Big roll of the dice is no Arsenal. Trail by 1 in my main mini league.
Think I'll go 14 doublers and Gabriel. -8 if -12 if Bruno is out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back