Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Could anyone bring up what i posted before Seller debuted instead of me saying 'i told ya so'
Watching the VFL games, Sellers looks a class above. Take him a class above at the moment and he is lost. We all get that playing well in VFL absolutely doesn’t mean you’ll be able to do anything like that in the seniors. But it’s all we have, and guys are on the AFL list for a reason, so at times they will be given the chance.

I gotta say, when a player outright says "I don't feel ready. I don't feel strong enough. I don't feel fit enough", if they get ignored and thrust into the AFL team regardless that seems like pretty crappy player development to me.

Just saying.

I gotta say, when a player outright says "I don't feel ready. I don't feel strong enough. I don't feel fit enough", if they get ignored and thrust into the AFL team regardless that seems like pretty crappy player development to me.

Just saying.

Did he actually say this? To who?

And we currently have 15-20 blokes out there who aren’t ready, aren’t strong enough or fit enough, so he should feel right at home.

Yes. To me.

Posted about it here:

First time I’ve read your post. How good does that night sound.

Interesting Finnbar’s comments about not being ready. But I will say AFL players have been known to lie. I mean, Duursma said we were going to take it up to Hawthorn…..

Finbar knows what I’ve said from day one!
these BF keyboard warriors who never played a game in the lives rather than pin the tail on the donkey at primary school…asking for him to come in vs Geelong & Brisbane etc ?!
Finbar in his own words clearly said that at this stage “he’s not ready for the AFL” & stopped short of saying he’s body & development is just of a “back yard suburb footballer “ at this stage .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he actually say this? To who?

And we currently have 15-20 blokes out there who aren’t ready, aren’t strong enough or fit enough, so he should feel right at home.

Yes the bar is set as per below. If you have a career of 3 disposals and you give away 3 free kicks, and you fell over in a forest would anyone hear.

1714636040603.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back