Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm losing my mind at how Toby Greene is being defended. Am I missing something?

Whateley saying Greene wasn't moving fast unlike Wright. And "was contesting the ball when he left the ground".

He was sprinting to make the contest. I reckon he turned side on earlier and more fully than Wright.

Maybe lack of serious injury changed the narrative. That seems pretty random though.

Bonkers to think that North didn’t go harder for pick 1 with the draft hand they had. They could have effectively given up pick2 and Ben Reid (pick3) and got him. Instead they stuffed around, offered up pick2 and a bunch of late first rounders.
They could have even received multiple first round picks from the bulldogs for pick 3.
Crazy

*Ben McKay

Last edited:
I'm losing my mind at how Toby Greene is being defended. Am I missing something?

Whateley saying Greene wasn't moving fast unlike Wright. And "was contesting the ball when he left the ground".

He was sprinting to make the contest. I reckon he turned side on earlier and more fully than Wright.

Maybe lack of serious injury changed the narrative. That seems pretty random though.
I think respectfully we were watching different video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As if we needed evidence WADA is an organisation that should neither be respected or guidance taken from them.

WADA applied a low onus of proof on Essendon prosecution. Circumstantial case achieved with no positive tests.

Chinese swimmers - tested positive but not even prosecuted because of an excuse / cover story.

I’m not sure if this fits in this thread… so feel free to redirect.

As if we needed evidence WADA is an organisation that should neither be respected or guidance taken from them.

WADA applied a low onus of proof on Essendon prosecution. Circumstantial case achieved with no positive tests.

Chinese swimmers - tested positive but not even prosecuted because of an excuse / cover story.

Small domestic sport versus giant powerhouse just before the olympics with Russia already banned.

WADA don’t have the interest in pursuing this IMO

It shows how we got ****ed over in the process but it was ASADA that kept pushing for WADA to prosecute us unlike the Chinese who presented a case for not guilty. At the end of the day I still blame the club for allowing Dank in. He had already been run out of Rugby League for dodgy practices. Not a popular opinion but Hird and Cochran allowed it to happen.

This is non Essendon and football stuff...

Got to tick off number 1 on my bucket list, attend a Milan Derby, wish we'd won but I couldn't be happier to have finally seen this live in person. View attachment 1968248View attachment 1968249
Nice, a few years ago I was in Pasadena ticking off a college football game at the Rose Bowl from my bucket list ... unfortunately I had eaten too many tacos that day and I shit myself walking through the never ending car park and we had to leave

I still don't think Redman had a chance of getting the force downgraded given it was with both hands and clearly made contact, but that's some good work from GWS.

very interested in this green case. I thought since Wright was sent straight to the tribunal, we should have tried to fight a little bit but instead we just accepted it. As we've seen a lot over the last 2 years, the tribunal and the MRO aren't always on the same page and I think this one needs some test cases.

Greene's action undoubtedly worse than Wright's. Took his eyes off the ball earlier, turned his body sooner to be completely side on with full shoulder impact directly to the head. I get that the outcome is a driver for the length of suspension and don't necessarily disagree with that, but the commentary around Greene being hard done by compared to the practically zero support for Wright is mind-boggling.

Also another example of the bomber's lawyer's having no idea - I'd be pretty confident (without researching) that Wright's 'character' as a person and player (history of reports/suspensions etc) would be at least as high as Cameron's but our lawyers didn't think to raise that. Completely useless.

Greene's action undoubtedly worse than Wright's. Took his eyes off the ball earlier, turned his body sooner to be completely side on with full shoulder impact directly to the head. I get that the outcome is a driver for the length of suspension and don't necessarily disagree with that, but the commentary around Greene being hard done by compared to the practically zero support for Wright is mind-boggling.

Also another example of the bomber's lawyer's having no idea - I'd be pretty confident (without researching) that Wright's 'character' as a person and player (history of reports/suspensions etc) would be at least as high as Cameron's but our lawyers didn't think to raise that. Completely useless.
Almost the same as wrights his eyes were still on the ball as he led the ground

We need to sack the lawyer we use though and get another one. The case we use is always horrendous. Other clubs manage to knit pick the rules into their favour

Beginning to think that the ******* that represented us at the tribunal and with WADA is not the brilliant legal mind he lead us to believe he was.

season 7 GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back