AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish - Late out with calf tightness - 19/5

Remove this Banner Ad

If my maths is right both coaches recognised his impact too ( zach 2x5, marto 4+3, kelly 2+3, waterman 4, parish 2+1, duz 1)
Or:

5/5
4/3
1/4
2/2
3/0
0/1

So with your reasoning Kelly had a crap game too as Parish was one of our best. Works both ways yeah?
Sometimes the better players draw each other and if you have an average one against a good one instead they get torched. So it makes sense that two guys on each other can be the better players on the ground. I remember Hird playing full back against Suma who kicked a bag at the beginning of 93 - Hird was electric and setup so much play.

Sometimes the better players draw each other and if you have an average one against a good one instead they get torched. So it makes sense that two guys on each other can be the better players on the ground. I remember Hird playing full back against Suma who kicked a bag at the beginning of 93 - Hird was electric and setup so much play.
Exactly, I was being facetious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You people forget that this is a team sport.

Individual performance is not relevant except to the extent that it makes the team better.

What do you mean, you people?

:p

Not this year they’re not. Also, depends what you consider huge coin.
Well he has a supporting cast this year. Does not change the fact his clearance work has always been rated elite.
As fo huge coin . He is on the next level down from the star players and soon that will be two levels down.
800k was huge 5 years ago.

Lol. Direct opponent.
Honestly at times I'm left wondering if people are aware things change. There's no such thing as a direct opponent in the midfield for a full game anymore, his contract is not huge salary cap breaking anymore and his defensive efforts are better than they were in 2022.

A team sport until Parish is mentioned then it's the individuals fault ?

Fact, we are a better team when Parish is playing well !

I get tagged and referred to here after games at the moment so I respond.

As far as I understand, the tagging, etc is a response to a detailed explanation of why I hold the view I hold about Parish. Because people project the way they think onto others I was being discredited for only showing up when he plays poorly (and that it must therefore only happen a few times a year). I explained why that is not the case.

The players I don't like are the ones who fulfil no obvious structural function, whether as a result of inability to do it or repeated poor execution. The response is almost always to make reference to the stat sheet. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, the dogmatic view is that the stat sheet operates as an objective valuation of quality and usefulness. This is also despite all dynastic sides getting there because of their work without the ball and efficiency (i.e. actual efficiency not the statistical category) with it.

This is very similar to the Heppel scenario. Just like Heppell's body couldn't handle a few seasons inside with a gap year, and he started to slow as a 27 year old, now Parish is the guy for the outside. What happened to the clearance best? It wasn't physical pressure, was it?

I've read that he is one of our best players. And yet he is moved out of the first midfield rotation while in his prime so that we can use him outside, for the quality of his ball use, no doubt.

What I believe is that the critics here wouldn't be responding if, deep down, they didn't know that they pinned their hopes on and got attached to the latest midfield dud Dodoro and co drafted.

You must all realise I am arrogant enough about this not to give the slightest s**t what anyone thinks, as though the needling makes a difference. Mock away.

Last edited:
You must all realise I am arrogant enough about this not to give the slightest s**t what anyone thinks, as though the needling makes a difference. Mock away.
brilliant! heck the haters Bruno - you do you!

I get tagged and referred to here after games at the moment so I respond.

As far as I understand, the tagging, etc is a response to a detailed explanation of why I hold the view I hold about Parish. Because people project the way they think onto others I was being discredited for only showing up when he plays poorly (and that it must therefore only happen a few times a year). I explained why that is not the case.

The players I don't like are the ones who fulfil no obvious structural function, whether as a result of inability to do it or repeated poor execution. The response is almost always to make reference to the stat sheet. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, the dogmatic view is that the stat sheet operates as an objective valuation of quality and usefulness. This is also despite all dynastic sides getting there because of their work without the ball and efficiency (i.e. actual efficiency not the statistical category) with it.

This is very similar to the Heppel scenario. Just like Heppell's body couldn't handle a few seasons inside with a gap year, and he started to slow as a 27 year old, now Parish is the guy for the outside. What happened to the clearance best? It wasn't physical pressure, was it?

I've read that he is one of our best players. And yet he is moved out of the first midfield rotation while in his prime so that we can use him outside, for the quality of his ball use, no doubt.

What I believe is that the critics here wouldn't be responding if, deep down, they didn't know that they pinned their hopes on and got attached to the latest midfield dud Dodoro and co drafted.

Lightning hands out of a stoppage though hey.

Parish just being on the field is enough to cause the oppo concern and try to occupy him.

The great thing is that with Duz and Caldwell coming on, and Zach in the form he's in and Stringer and Perkins (if we're playing Hawthorn), we're looking more and more likely to have someone free who can do damage. Parish can still be that guy, and he's clearly been working on his defensive game too.

Parish just being on the field is enough to cause the oppo concern and try to occupy him.

The great thing is that with Duz and Caldwell coming on, and Zach in the form he's in and Stringer and Perkins (if we're playing Hawthorn), we're looking more and more likely to have someone free who can do damage. Parish can still be that guy, and he's clearly been working on his defensive game too.

When did this happen, they try to occupy him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back