Recommitted Harrison Petty [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1980635View attachment 1980636
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/PBR483wCcKhyBHkE/?mibextid=oFDknk

There are many more sources too. So even though you love to simply disagree with me, that'd the sort of money Petty is being offered and is worth.

That was last season. It says nothing about what Adelaide is offering him now.

Instead of trolling and completely disingenuous, you could’ve answered a simple “no”.

That would’ve saved us a lot of time.

That was last season. It says nothing about what Adelaide is offering him now.

Instead of trolling and completely disingenuous, you could’ve answered a simple “no”.

That would’ve saved us a lot of time.
I can't even have a proper discussion with you because you just give me points whenever I disagree with you. it's a comfortable position you're in. The offer for Petty isn't going to be much different.

I can't even have a proper discussion with you because you just give me points whenever I disagree with you. it's a comfortable position you're in. The offer for Petty isn't going to be much different.

You said they're offering it Danny. Your words, not mine.

If you're going to troll and post rubbish, expect to be called out for it.

There's a lesson there and it's not that you're hard done by. It's that you have a habbit of talking absolute crap that you're unable to back up.

Why wouldn't you just say 'Adelaide offered him 800k a season over 5 years and maybe they'll offer it again this season'? Were you hoping that nobody would notice?

Reality is, Adelaide were negligent in offering that sort of money for an average footballer. You'll hit the jackpot if they offer it again but at the moment I'd say it's highly unlikely.

You said they're offering it Danny. Your words, not mine.

If you're going to troll and post rubbish, expect to be called out for it.

There's a lesson there and it's not that you're hard done by. It's that you have a habbit of talking absolute crap that you're unable to back up.

Why wouldn't you just say 'Adelaide offered him 800k a season over 5 years and maybe they'll offer it again this season'? Were you hoping that nobody would notice?

Reality is, Adelaide were negligent in offering that sort of money for an average footballer. You'll hit the jackpot if they offer it again but at the moment I'd say it's highly unlikely.
Adelaide offered him 800k a season over 5 years in the previous off season. Given he is coming off a serious long term injury when the offer was put to him, I think the offer will be the same. You're saying it could be less, well it could be more too then.

Adelaide offered him 800k a season over 5 years in the previous off season. Given he is coming off a serious long term injury when the offer was put to him, I think the offer will be the same. You're saying it could be less, well it could be more too then.

It could be. At least I'm not saying it isn't...because, you know, it's May and I don't have any inside info. I'm glad we finally cleared up that neither do you.

It could be. At least I'm not saying it isn't...because, you know, it's May and I don't have any inside info. I'm glad we finally cleared up that neither do you.
So you think Adelaide are going to offer him 800k a year, and then a year later say 'we really want you Harrison, but we're now only offering you 700k'. It's common sense. In contract i might add! The offer will remain very similar if not the same. That's a logical conclusion. But to suggest Petty is a bad player would mean his offer would be south of 500k.

So you think Adelaide are going to offer him 800k a year, and then a year later say 'we really want you Harrison, but we're now only offering you 700k'.

No, but I certainly think that they have another year of data with which they can analyse both his performance, and the performance of their own side, and come to a revised decision.

It's common sense. In contract i might add! The offer will remain very similar if not the same. That's a logical conclusion.

No, it's not logical to imply that an extra year may not have a significant impact on a club and their desire to bring a player across.

But to suggest Petty is a bad player would mean his offer would be south of 500k.

Sorry, who said anything about him being a bad player? Or are you just making stuff up again because?

So you think Adelaide are going to offer him 800k a year, and then a year later say 'we really want you Harrison, but we're now only offering you 700k'. It's common sense. In contract i might add! The offer will remain very similar if not the same. That's a logical conclusion. But to suggest Petty is a bad player would mean his offer would be south of 500k.
Situation changes especially with the emergence of Keane as a KPD this year, that's the risk he took not requesting a trade while contracted. He is a good KFD but isn't worth $800K unless he can shown he is a good KPF, more like around $700K as KPD so we likely dangle that amount thinking it was enough for him to break his 2 years contract. It didn't so why would we offer him the same to break a year contract or even when he become a FA???

Situation changes especially with the emergence of Keane as a KPD this year, that's the risk he took not requesting a trade while contracted. He is a good KFD but isn't worth $800K unless he can shown he is a good KPF, more like around $700K as KPD so we likely dangle that amount thinking it was enough for him to break his 2 years contract. It didn't so why would we offer him the same to break a year contract or even when he become a FA???
He did request a trade. But obviously he is contracted so we wouldn't let him go. He is worth what clubs would offer him. I think you'll offer him the same because you guys are substantially worse than last season. Last season you guys were playing top 4 football at the end of the season. This year, you're sitting in 12th whilst Melbourne have stayed near the top 4. To get Petty out of a contending team, into Adelaide may also be a factor as towards the end of last year maybe he thought Adelaide would be pushing for top 4.i guess we don't really know. But Melbourne's cupboards are bare for key forwards so we will keep him to his contract unless we'r drastically overpaid and it's lot like you have any young key forwards to give to us of his calibre. Don't say Thilthorpe. :)

We will risk losing him for nothing when he's out of contract simply because we don't have any other key forwards.

He did request a trade. But obviously he is contracted so we wouldn't let him go. He is worth what clubs would offer him. I think you'll offer him the same because you guys are substantially worse than last season. Last season you guys were playing top 4 football at the end of the season. This year, you're sitting in 12th whilst Melbourne have stayed near the top 4. To get Petty out of a contending team, into Adelaide may also be a factor as towards the end of last year maybe he thought Adelaide would be pushing for top 4.i guess we don't really know. But Melbourne's cupboards are bare for key forwards so we will keep him to his contract unless we'r drastically overpaid and it's lot like you have any young key forwards to give to us of his calibre. Don't say Thilthorpe. :)

We will risk losing him for nothing when he's out of contract simply because we don't have any other key forwards.
If he requested a trade then he would be in Crows colour had the trade not fell through so he didn't request a trade since there was no trade discussion and clearly you haven't watch our defense, they've been excellent this year.

If he requested a trade then he would be in Crows colour had the trade not fell through so he didn't request a trade since there was no trade discussion and clearly you haven't watch our defense, they've been excellent this year.
Why would he be in crows colours? Adelaide chased Petty and he spoke to his manager and said he'd be keen to join Adelaide if something could be done but Melbourne shut it down fast so he stayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he be in crows colours? Adelaide chased Petty and he spoke to his manager and said he'd be keen to join Adelaide if something could be done but Melbourne shut it down fast so he stayed.
So he didn't request a trade like you said? If he was 100% with his request of a trade then Melbourne won't be able to stop him being at the Crows. I don't recall him saying he wanted a trade even at that Golf course interview he did.

So he didn't request a trade like you said? If he was 100% with his request of a trade then Melbourne won't be able to stop him being at the Crows. I don't recall him saying he wanted a trade even at that Golf course interview he did.
I'm a bit confused :) you can't really request a trade when you're contracted. Yeah, his golf course interview he basically said that he told his manager 'if you can make it work, make it work. If not, I'm happy to stay at the dees'. Is the what you heard out of the interview too?

I'm a bit confused :) you can't really request a trade when you're contracted. Yeah, his golf course interview he basically said that he told his manager 'if you can make it work, make it work. If not, I'm happy to stay at the dees'. Is the what you heard out of the interview too?
Which was my point, you are the one who said he requested a trade lol. Players get traded when they are under contracted.

Which was my point, you are the one who said he requested a trade.
Well he essentially did..? When he says to his manager 'get me to the crows' that's asking for a trade isn't it? He knows that he can't get to his club of choice unless Melbourne agrees so he definitely has to say 'but I'm happy to stay at melbourne' lines that he doesn't rock the boat too much.

Well he essentially did..? When he says to his manager 'get me to the crows' that's asking for a trade isn't it? He knows that he can't get to his club of choice unless Melbourne agrees so he definitely has to say 'but I'm happy to stay at melbourne' lines that he doesn't rock the boat too much.
Are you all there??? You just said "you can't really request a trade when you're contracted".

Are you all there??? You just said "you can't really request a trade when you're contracted".
you can request a trade when in contract but if the other club doesn't want to depart with them then it won't go anywhere. So in conclusion Petty requested a trade, the talks went nowhere and he remained a dee. So no idea what you mean by 'if he requested a trade, he'd be at the crows'. He requested a trade clearly. That's obvious by the golf course interview.

you can request a trade when in contract but if the other club doesn't want to depart with them then it won't go anywhere. So in conclusion Petty requested a trade, the talks went nowhere and he remained a dee. So no idea what you mean by 'if he requested a trade, he'd be at the crows'. He requested a trade clearly. That's obvious by the golf course interview.
No he didn't, you just said he said he is happy to stay at Melbourne. That's not requesting a trade lol. And I said he would be at the Crows if the trade didn't fell through, there was no trade discussion so nothing fell through as there was no trade requested.

No he didn't, you just said he said he is happy to stay at Melbourne. That's not requesting a trade lol. And I said he would be at the Crows if the trade didn't fell through, there was no trade discussion so nothing fell through as there was no trade requested.
Are you all there? What are you talking about! so you think Adelaide is going to be in talks with Petty to the point of offering him a large contract without him even saying that he wants to play at Adelaide? like, what? Of course Petty requested to go to Adelaide. Can't believe you can't put two and two together.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10...ve-home-to-adelaide-before-demons-intervened/
"the decision has been made now BY MELBOURNE": Harrison Petty.
Then the interviewer says "are you ok with Melbourne's decision to keep you". Petty certainly doesn't correct him.

All of this disagreeing over something that is a known fact that he requested a trade. geez

Last edited:
Petty is having a pretty mediocre year, but that was probably to be expected. Glad he got some marks on the weekend.

I'd be surprised if the $800k was true, because Adelaide fans are still annoyed with how wrong the media got Rankine wrong, and they still claim numbers higher than he's receiving. But I guess $800k is the new $650k.

I'm not particularly worried about money because Adelaide has a massive amount it should use. I'd hate to waste a pick.

Are you all there? What are you talking about! so you think Adelaide is going to be in talks with Petty to the point of offering him a large contract without him even saying that he wants to play at Adelaide? like, what? Of course Petty requested to go to Adelaide. Can't believe you can't put two and two together.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10...ve-home-to-adelaide-before-demons-intervened/
"the decision has been made now BY MELBOURNE": Harrison Petty.
Then the interviewer says "are you ok with Melbourne's decision to keep you". Petty certainly doesn't correct him.

All of this disagreeing over something that is a known fact that he requested a trade. geez
So he didn't request for a trade because he didn't answer "No, I want to be traded". Again, are you all there????

Last edited:
So he did request for a trade because he didn't answer "No, I want to be traded". Again, are you all there????
your sentence makes no sense. is that a question or a statement. lol. He says it clear in the video that he wants to be traded. Maybe watch it again. basic comprehension skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back