Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Reef can make it. Finn does not fill me with confidence.
We wont know whether he will or wont until he gets more opportunity, and he needs to have confidence in himself and take it.
He's got time, but hopefully takes his next chance. We need him to come on.

We wont know whether he will or wont until he gets more opportunity, and he needs to have confidence in himself and take it.
It's his lack of pace and ability to cover the ground in the seniors that worries me. Is he strong enough to play the Mitchell role?

It's his lack of pace and ability to cover the ground in the seniors that worries me. Is he strong enough to play the Mitchell role?
Stronger this pre-season than he ever has been. But its who they see as the mitchell successor, from what I've been told. Needs more time in the gym to build some more bulk though.

Just another game for me and one that we can win. We played average today against a side that would've beaten anyone today. The only thing that worries me is how many free kicks Curnow gets
Weitering worries me. Might need Frampton to do a job on him whilst also doing a job on McKay.

It's time fly makes a few adjustments to the team. I'm all for leaving a team unchanged when we're winning but when we're losing (or drawing in this case) you've gotta make moves.

Some of our players are really underperforming and the longer you keep them in the longer they think its ok.

Be bold Fly and make some moves. Also drop a small forward for another mid. We've only won one midfield battle so far this year and that was last week.

Older players like Howe and Sidebottom dropping off is understandable given their age.

The real concern is Quaynor, who is a complete non-entity on field. Too slow to impact contests and fumbles all the time at ground level. Doesn't provide run off half back either. It's concerning as he should be reaching his prime.
You’re making this assessment off one sub par performance. IQ, is anything but slow. He’s a great user of the ball, and a great 1:1 player. He is our present and future

In: Markov
Out: Sidebottom

Sub: Markov

Sidebottom probably felt the impact of 5 day break with his old legs and probably should have been rotated out this week in hindsight but he needs a week out of team after that shocker
He’s one of the fittest on the list. It’s the age in his head, can no longer sustain excellence every week. Saves it for big moments and turned it on to try win the game, he’s a match winner and absolutely required but also agree that he should be granted a spot in the 1’s during the season…finals a different story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We start each quarter as though we’ve been smoking bongs. If we dish up that crap next week, Carlton will pound us by at least 40 points.

5 day break.

Next game we’ll be coming off an 8 day break so we’d expect to have more energy.

Sidebottom out and WHE moved to the wing.

Harrison played as a HFF

Unfortunately we will be smashed in the centre and Moore will get flogged by Curnow.

Could be a bloodbath.

important game for some players in the vfl definitely some spots up for grabs, Dean, Sullivan could easily come in for Howe and sidey. Crisp definitely on notice as well.
I really doubt that happens.

Older players like Howe and Sidebottom dropping off is understandable given their age.

The real concern is Quaynor, who is a complete non-entity on field. Too slow to impact contests and fumbles all the time at ground level. Doesn't provide run off half back either. It's concerning as he should be reaching his prime.
He’s too bulked now. Not a footballers physique. Looks more like he’d suit NRL.
I’d like to see him lean out some of that muscle he’s bulked up over preseason. He’s lost some speed now I reckon. I have to check his stats but he’s usually right up there with sprint stats. He always looks slow now.

Just another game for me and one that we can win. We played average today against a side that would've beaten anyone today. The only thing that worries me is how many free kicks Curnow gets
Cox needs to change his name to Curnow. He’d get a free every time he’s forward if he were Curnow.

It’s hard to compete with Carlton when they’re easily gifted a couple of goals a game for soft or non-existent frees that no one else would get.

I’d be tempted to rest Mitchell this week, bring in Sullivan and use him and Schultz (yes, Schultz!) to replace Mitchell’s midfield minutes.

Probably not this week but I also don’t see much risk in giving Sidey a rest and replacing him on the wing with Markov or Allan.

I know many think Allan isn’t ready yet but let’s be honest, he wouldn’t have to do a hell of a lot to match Sidey’s average output this year. And he might just surprise us as one of those players who is better at AFL level than VFL. I reckon GWS and GC would have played him by now if on either of their lists.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from HH in his AFL games. Looks far more at home at AFL level than he does at VFL.

I want to see him retained in the side.

I have been happy with Reef. Would like him to come back in.

Not sure who goes out. Steele seems a possibility but I’d also be ok if he’s a sub.

Keen to see how Markov goes in the VFL. I was loving what he brought last year but we didn’t see the same player in his games this year. But we need to try him again at some point. His speed and run off half back suited how we want to play. Definitely doesn’t come in for JFN, who is one of our best on current form.

I’m glad I’m not a selector. It’s way too hard.

I’d be tempted to rest Mitchell this week, bring in Sullivan and use him and Schultz (yes, Schultz!) to replace Mitchell’s midfield minutes.

Probably not this week but I also don’t see much risk in giving Sidey a rest and replacing him on the wing with Markov or Allan.

I know many think Allan isn’t ready yet but let’s be honest, he wouldn’t have to do a hell of a lot to match Sidey’s average output this year. And he might just surprise us as one of those players who is better at AFL level than VFL. I reckon GWS and GC would have played him by now if on either of their lists.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen from HH in his AFL games. Looks far more at home at AFL level than he does at VFL.

I want to see him retained in the side.

I have been happy with Reef. Would like him to come back in.

Not sure who goes out. Steele seems a possibility but I’d also be ok if he’s a sub.
May not be the week, but ....

.... we've got to get some FULL games (plural) into some of the next wave. A couple of games with 5-20 minutes for the young sub isn't enough to truly get them acclimated to AFL standard or judge their performance

Fin, Reef, HH, Allan all need to play a couple of full games this year. We should definitely look at sub or rest: Titch, Steele, Pendles, WHE and Lippa.

Given large break I think Sidebottom plays, no change with Lippa sub and HH into the 22 for me after thinking about it some more. I miss Markov and his Mo but he will need to back up again in the VFL I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back