Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

Only time I have ever thought about supersetting is with calf raises, along with something like cable face pulls to sneak in extra rear delt work.

But broadly is there generally any point to it, apart from hogging equipment? Like for example I seen a bloke the other day switching between iirc tri push downs and then switching to cable curls on the other side, what is the point..

Time efficiency.
If your conditioning is up to scratch you can do the same amount of work in half the time (in theory).

When your digital key doesn't work.

Fmd this phenomenon that everything needs to be an app or on your phone is going to backfire spectacularly eventually. 2nd time in a week i couldn't get in due to my access pass on phone not being recognised. Infuriating

On the phones thing it's a very common things nowadays. Too many campaigners are obsessed with their phones. Some do it to appear busy ( anxiety ) some do it because they're addicted. Some do it because they're dumb as *. If you need adequate rest between sets go for it. But if you're doing 2 plates on the lat pulldown machine then on your phone for 5 minutes you seriously need to hurry the * up and * off.

Fight me campaigner fight me.
I watched a guy the other day on his phone whilst I had done 3 sets of hammer curls. Between his first and last set on the pec deck (yes, pec deck) I had done my hammers and he was texting that whole time. Call it 5 minutes.

Good on you mate. I'm the same. The last thing I want is some campaigner trying to chew my ear off for 15 minutes when I'm literally trying to breathe. Or when I'm in the zone.

There should be a shoot-on-site policy for anyone that speaks in the gym. Ever.
What about the guy who gives people tips on training? heck that gets me….

What about the guy who gives people tips on training? * that gets me….
Some fat guy in his 50s told a young bloke to stop doing db lateral raises too much to the side or it will stuff his shoulders and walked off. He then overcompensates and does it so it's almost half a front raise.

Watching some young kid squat 3 plates for 6 with ease then realizing he had a belt on.

Me walk away like... (I actually cried)

Season 3 Whatever GIF by On My Block

You leaving your equipment? That might annoy me a little, not being sure whether you’re done or not.
Leave a towel or bottle next to it usually, gym is really tiny as well so usually only get about 10m max away from it anyway.

Leave a towel or bottle next to it usually, gym is really tiny as well so usually only get about 10m max away from it anyway.
This.
Too many people not bringing a towel to my gym. It's not just for sweat, it's the international bro signal for "I'm using that"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching some young kid squat 3 plates for 6 with ease then realizing he had a belt on.

Me walk away like... (I actually cried)

Season 3 Whatever GIF by On My Block
Glanced across the floor the other day and saw some unassuming chick standing behind a set 3 X 20s on the squats. I'm like WTF? Then I realized she was on the farther bar which was empty. Nearly lost my s**t.

Any chick that can squat 100+ for reps is instant wife material

Apart from a 1 min stint on the bike on leg day I'll never do any cardio at the gym instead of outside in fresh air.

In saying that one thing I have noticed staying with family in the city is that it is kind if hard to find great places to run there properly in the immediate neighbourhoods.
I really would love an indoor outdoor gym tbh and courtyard with semi shade.

One thing lacking in commercial gyms is floor space for sled runs etc.

I really would love an indoor outdoor gym tbh and courtyard with semi shade.

One thing lacking in commercial gyms is floor space for sled runs etc.
My old gym had an outdoor grassed area which was actually pretty handy for repeat sprints / walking lunges / skipping etc

My gym has a decent sized carpark out the front that was used during the COVID reopenings as a pseudo-gym to adhere to the indoor/outdoor regulations, with the equipment outdoor and everything. Would love if it was used more often, especially during summer. I felt like it brought great vibes, but definitely is a logistical pain in the ass.

New owners took over the Yoga/Pilates Studio I go to a few months ago, they tried to get rid of Pilates early on but got too much push back so kept it on reluctantly... however yesterday it was announced that they are dispensing with the Pilates at the end of this month and are going to be a Bikram Yoga Studio only.

After 6 years of going to this Studio and for the last 2+ years doing around 3 classes each of Yoga/Pilates every week I must say this pisses me off.

I have done a few Yoga classes with the new primary owner and he is religious like in his zealousness for Yoga, says you don't need any other form of exercise, arrogant kind of guy who verges on belittling anyone that doesn't do Yoga. They often have Pilates classes 30 minutes after a Yoga class and if you walk past him leaving as you are entering he snubs you, very friendly though if you're doing his classes.

I spent all last night researching some other options around where I live, and this https://www.functionalpatternsbrisbane.com/ caught my eye, very different, would be interested if anyone has heard of this method of training and what they think of it??

I walk around in the gym back and forth between sets, just can't sit or stand there. And the steps are extra calories burned. Don't even bring the phone.

I sometimes wonder if it irritates anybody in there.
who cares. In actual fact you're doing what you're supposed to do. All that adrenline and blood pumping, good for circulation too. It's a good way to compose yourself.

I watched a guy the other day on his phone whilst I had done 3 sets of hammer curls. Between his first and last set on the pec deck (yes, pec deck) I had done my hammers and he was texting that whole time. Call it 5 minutes.
heck!

Yeah mate some people have nfi when it comes to training. I wouldn't even call it that. Then again, some people aren't well educate or self aware in training. Or at all.

*!

Yeah mate some people have nfi when it comes to training. I wouldn't even call it that. Then again, some people aren't well educate or self aware in training. Or at all.
I just don’t get it? Stay at home and text. I reckon I touch my phone every 5 minutes or so to flick along to a song in my music that I like best for training. Probably should do a playlist. But that’s it. I don’t touch it to text etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back