Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney got robbed. This game single-handedly made me: 1) hate the WB and 2) lose respect for the AFL competition as a whole. My passion for the game hasn't been the same since.

And Port wasn't even playing!
Me too! Can't stand them. Fairy tale my a*se. Every other person at the footy bbq was barracking for WB that day which made me even angrier.

If it was against any other club than Sydney (or Brisbane) I might have cared, but with Cola, significant recruiting concessions, yadda yadda yadda, I personally am glad the Bulldogs beat them even if it was considered tainted

Lol just found out Norwood's major sponsor is a waste management service. How appropriate. :D
Port General AFL thread, please leave the state dwelling schmucks in the Reserves chat thanks.

ally mcbeal GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL is set to spend $1 billion across the next decade in an effort to fast-track more people signing up to play footy. In a major push to double the number of registered participants by 2033, the AFL will increase funding into traditional NRL states New South Wales and Queensland, but remain fully committed to financially supporting the heartland football states of Victoria, Tasmania, South Australian and Western Australia as well as the territories.
The $1 billion war chest for the next decade is aimed at getting one million signed-up participants, almost double the 526,000 currently registered.
AFL officials are confident that the unprecedented level of expenditure at community level will set the code up nationally for generations, with a goal of extending the game’s reach into every home in the country.
It follows an AFL Commission pledge in August 2022 to enshrine an investment of 10 per cent of industry revenue back into game development and community football.
the $1b will be spend on initiatives including:
● Constructing new ovals and facilities and increasing capacities.
● Rolling out modified versions of the game to attract new markets including diverse communities.
● Boosting women’s participation from 27 per cent to 50 per cent.
● Retaining juniors from the age of six to ten, to make up for impact of Covid from 2020 and 2021.
● Helping regional clubs with planning, funding, volunteering and grant applications.
● Assisting the expansion hub in Western Sydney to drive greater fan engagement for GWS, Sydney Swans, Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast.
AFL chief executive officer Andrew Dillon said the investment was critical to the code’s future success and was a key plank of the league’s planning across the next decade. “The heartbeat of our game is at the community and grassroots level,” Mr Dillon said. “A strong community game supports the elite AFL and AFLW competitions, while a strong AFL and AFLW game helps fund and support the community. “Ultimately we (the AFL) need to ensure we continue to help build local football around the country with the goal of getting football in every home.”
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/5b21bbe38522e9db9167418d2da66a70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back