Vince McMahon steps down from TKO amid allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me it I’m wrong, but even if Vinnie is sacked from the TKO board, he still a stakeholder (25%} thus still making money from WWE?

And the people who “investigated” JG’s case and are complicit in the alleged cover-up, all still there too?

When’s the boycott? We waiting for WM first..?

Maybe that phillipines call wasn’t so bad Sultan, a few theories about that Grant was a sex worker pre-meeting Vince, who according to what I read started banging him before she actually began working at WWE.

Full disclosure: just going by a few wrestling subs/forums obly.

Could do, but we don't know. In answer to the question, there isn't currently any chance he'll end up in prison because he isn't under criminal investigation. Could absolutely happen, but it hasn't yet.

I suspect there's an entire can of worms around NDAs, criminal complaints and different jurisdictions in the US, but I'm certainly not an expert in US criminal law!
This complaint was served in Connecticut, due to both WWE being based there and state law that stops companies from mandating non-disclosure agreements that prevent employees from raising concerns about sexual harassment in the workplace.

Correct me it I’m wrong, but even if Vinnie is sacked from the TKO board, he still a stakeholder (25%} thus still making money from WWE?

And the people who “investigated” JG’s case and are complicit in the alleged cover-up, all still there too?

I know you think you're being smart, but I stopped giving money to WWE years ago.

McMahon is still profiting but there will be ongoing pressure in him to divest, as any association will be toxic to TKO stock. Still, I don't think his wealth is under question.

You're also correct that there are other cards that will fall. Endeavour isn't going to sit by and let carnies hold positions of power that put their investment at risk. This has only just started.

Maybe that phillipines call wasn’t so bad Sultan, a few theories about that Grant was a sex worker pre-meeting Vince, who according to what I read started banging him before she actually began working at WWE.

Full disclosure: just going by a few wrestling subs/forums obly.
This is some incredible incel s**t.

Mate, you should run a serious anti virus on your PC after visiting sites like that. Then maybe run it over yourself as well.

Meh. Skipped the woman’s rumble, four way was good but predictable Roman win, Logan Paul skipped to end, men’s rumble was ok but had no idea who half the entrant were… don’t really watch week to week
It's the only WWE product I've watched since checking out Snoop dropping an elbow on the Miz. It's on Kayo for free, so no harm - I was curious whether there'd be any impact of what had happened with Brock and Vince.

It's not for me - seemed like wall to wall adverts.

The Rumble hasn't been decent for years, in my view. There used to be fantastic internal stories and surprising conflicts, plus unexpected returns. Now it's just the main roster coming out and doing rest spots.

Not the right thread for this, though.

This complaint was served in Connecticut, due to both WWE being based there and state law that stops companies from mandating non-disclosure agreements that prevent employees from raising concerns about sexual harassment in the workplace.

That's a good find, I haven't seen that in any of the wrestling reporting around it.

Anyway good thing is, if we don't like Vinnie Mac we can all just stop watching his product can't we.

I assume a civil complaint like this could catch the attention of police etc

Trump, Epstein, Weinstein, Harris doenst pay to be a rich famous sex Predator. Once they come for they usually come I fully force

I have heard that if the acts occurred over state lines then it becomes a federal investigation, so FBI would be most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard that if the acts occurred over state lines then it becomes a federal investigation, so FBI would be most likely.
I think that already started in August:

"Federal Agents executed a search warrant on McMahon and served him with a grand jury subpoena over payments he made to multiple women, including Grant, to settle previous sexual misconduct claims"

Supposedly their SEC filing said investigations remain ongoing.

There's really only a handful of genuine journalists tracking professional wrestling - I think John Pollack mentioned the legal strategy in some of Post's coverage.

Stephen P New has also raised some legal topics, which is on you tube as well. He was going over the court documents and commenting on things such as the ambiguity of some of the details including names. As he mentioned that Brock Lesner is not named, but it is heavily implied that it is Brock, that a friend in the 3 way would not be Johnny ace, as his name has been mentioned, so it’s more than likely somebody else. The reason they were not named is there could be a shadow of doubt who the people were.

I think that already started in August:

"Federal Agents executed a search warrant on McMahon and served him with a grand jury subpoena over payments he made to multiple women, including Grant, to settle previous sexual misconduct claims"

Supposedly their SEC filing said investigations remain ongoing.

I think that if the Feds start to make a case against him and lay charges, think that Vince will fold. In all honesty Vince is the sort that would take his own life, rather than serve justice.

This is some incredible incel s**t.

Mate, you should run a serious anti virus on your PC after visiting sites like that. Then maybe run it over yourself as well.
Agree reddit is a funny place, but it’s a bit silly to deny that Vince was paying her for sex?

Nothing wrong with sex work by the way, and being paid doesn’t exclude her from being a victim of a crime of course.

It might be out there but I have not seen a major push for people to boycott the company.

It is easy to call for the cancelation of Joey Ryan or Marty Skurll, because people can still go on enjoying what they like, it's messing around at the margins. A lot of the moralising is tempered when people actually have make a sacrifice like walking away for the company they have watched for a lifetime. I'm not critical of those people, it's human nature. Blame Vince, he's gone, problem dealt with.

I'm not critical of those people.
Vince needed money to do what he did, so if you're giving him money you're part of the problem aren't you?

Not to mention all the other grubs who allowed Vince to do whatever he wanted and are still actively employed by the company (and are not just making money by being a shareholder, like Vince).

I'm critical of those people for sure, you have to be.

Vince needed money to do what he did, so if you're giving him money you're part of the problem aren't you?

Not to mention all the other grubs who allowed Vince to do whatever he wanted and are still actively employed by the company (and are not just making money by being a shareholder, like Vince).

I'm critical of those people for sure, you have to be.

I can't speak for myself here because I stopped watching WWE 15 years ago. Only ROH / Indys and more recently AEW have kept me interested in the sport, and therefore I am at least somewhat aware of what happens there.

However, I still watch all the Tarentino movies Weinstein produced. I buy Led Zeppelin records despite the sh!t Jimmy Page did. My view is enjoying the art does not mean you are endorsing the behaviour. However, if someone else never watches a Weinstein movie again I completely understand that.

I guess the other thing is WWE employs hundreds if not thousands of people. Wrestlers, production staff, tech people, back office. A full scale boycott intended to damage Vince would have a lot of colleterial damage. Not to mention people who invested without understanding the horrible carny business under the shiny exterior.

However, I still watch all the Tarentino movies Weinstein produced. I buy Led Zeppelin records despite the sh!t Jimmy Page did. My view is enjoying the art does not mean you are endorsing the behaviour. However, if someone else never watches a Weinstein movie again I completely understand that.
Fore real? Everyone banged young girls back then, everyone. Can't look at yesterdays crimes with todays lens.

Its just an example. The broader point still stands.
It's not about enjoying or endorsing the art though is it, it's about being complicit in it. Jimmy Page ain't being enabled from me listening to my second-hand Led Zeppelin records (I did pay to see him live though- no regrets, he was incredible). Vince and his co-conspirators are being enabled by people giving them money.

It's not about enjoying or endorsing the art though is it, it's about being complicit in it. Jimmy Page ain't being enabled from me listening to my second-hand Led Zeppelin records (I did pay to see him live though- no regrets, he was incredible). Vince and his co-conspirators are being enabled by people giving them money.
I get both sides.

I won't give any more money to WWE, but then I wasn't anyway so it's easy for me.

Funnily enough, I've tried to come back to WWE a few times across the journey, and Vince's grossness was often what turned me off. It might have been his on air presence (which was always a bit too right wing "USA! heck Yeah!" for me) or it might have been his stupid juvenile humour or his booking priorities (like killing NXT Black and Gold) - but it was always him.

It might be out there but I have not seen a major push for people to boycott the company.

It is easy to call for the cancelation of Joey Ryan or Marty Skurll, because people can still go on enjoying what they like, it's messing around at the margins. A lot of the moralising is tempered when people actually have make a sacrifice like walking away for the company they have watched for a lifetime. I'm not critical of those people, it's human nature. Blame Vince, he's gone, problem dealt with.
Wasn’t just Vince though, and a lot of them are still there.
Levesque was up to his eyeballs in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back