Things that sh*t me the sixteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walking in the waterfront sunshine after a long drive to a tourist spot today.

Decided to have tea at a bar/restaurant at waters edge.

Very expensive but you only live once, right?

Sipping gins, bathed in the setting sun, glorious.

water.jpg

Only one fly in the ointment.

Listen, restaurant management, I don't care HOW ******* famous or rich the people at the next table are, it's NOT ******* ON for the bloke to bend down and snort something off his hand and sit there making snotty sniffing sounds and swearing non-stop while his other half makes sure her LV handbag is on full display mid-tabletop while hiding behind dinner plate shades and ******* VAPING at the table and blowing her s**t around.

Staff were fawning all over them. Not happy Jan. Wound up refusing to pay for half our meal as it was cold by the time it was eventually brought out to us.

Anyway, we'll go somewhere nicer tomorrow. :thumbsu:

View attachment 1853948

Listen, restaurant management, I don't care HOW ******* famous or rich the people at the next table are, it's NOT ******* ON for the bloke to bend down and snort something off his hand and sit there making snotty sniffing sounds and swearing non-stop while his other half makes sure her LV handbag is on full display mid-tabletop while hiding behind dinner plate shades and ******* VAPING at the table and blowing her s**t around.

Staff were fawning all over them. Not happy Jan. Wound up refusing to pay for half our meal as it was cold by the time it was eventually brought out to us.

Campaigners.

Should of ALFed them..

View attachment 1853948

Did his other half look like an Angel?

Were the staff hoping to Let Him Entertain Them?

Would they have done anything if there were Kids around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The photocopier room. Am i the only person that tidies this ****ing room up.

And dont get me started on the dumb campaigners who dont come in and pick up their photocopying..
I would hate to see how much paper is wasted in the education system

It’s like you need a permission form to wipe your ass these days 😁

I would hate to see how much paper is wasted in the education system

It’s like you need a permission form to wipe your ass these days 😁
Yes alot of paper would get used but I'm sure its improved.

Science - no textbooks, all online, kids just have exercise books. Tests done online.
Maths- same deal except tests are done on paper.
English- same deal except essay assessments are on paper. And of course paperback novels.

I think we've seriously reduced our use of paper for sure over the past 10 or so years.

Science - no textbooks, all online, kids just have exercise books. Tests done online.
English- same deal except essay assessments are on paper. And of course paperback novels.

I think we've seriously reduced our use of paper for sure over the past 10 or so years.
Yeh I know

I was just having a crack at the permission slip system

It’s out of control , we seem to be forever signing permission forms for our kids to do anything other than schoolwork

Would rather just sign a waiver at the start of the year saying “do with them as you will “ 😁

Yeh I know

I was just having a crack at the permission slip system

It’s out of control , we seem to be forever signing permission forms for our kids to do anything other than schoolwork

Would rather just sign a waiver at the start of the year saying “do with them as you will “ 😁
Yeah we dont do permission forms either, we do all that online.

Wait, no text books? Is that a post-COVID thing, or was it going that way beforehand?

I grew up poor, and went to a Catholic school on kind of a poor person scholarship.

Instead of buying text books, you'd get loan versions... except the school library that you borrowed them from put these giant yellow stickers on them that told everyone you were poor and using loan books. God I hated it, I would've loved to not have to bother with text books.

Of course there's also the fact that back in my day we had to walk to school both ways, and it was up hill both ways in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back