SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t have thought he was on their radar after what I witnessed this arvo. He was a non entity.
Wandin are a different gravy, WY got a long way to go to bridge the gap.

Probably say the same about the two teams last season switch places. Woori backed their kids Wandin bought up big.

It happens.

Probably say the same about the two teams last season switch places. Woori backed their kids Wandin bought up big.

It happens.
16 x 1 point players suggests otherwise but you do you.
The whole “wandin spend up” theory is a great drip tray argument for clubs that aren’t aspirational. It’s about winning at a sustainable level. Wandin have shown that it’s possible to develop their own and compliment with top end recruits. To suggest otherwise is just jealous nonsense. Interestingly I was informed today that Wandin are the only club to have beaten every old SE club that came across. They are clearly well run and are savvy with how they spend and what they bring up through their juniors. That prelim
Last year was decided by a kick. Woori went backwards and sacked their coach mid year. Wandin got better.

Last edited:
16 x 1 point players suggests otherwise but you do you.
The whole “wandin spend up” theory is a great drip tray argument for clubs that aren’t aspirational. It’s about winning at a sustainable level. Wandin have shown that it’s possible to develop their own and compliment with top end recruits. To suggest otherwise is just jealous nonsense. Interestingly I was informed today that Wandin are the only club to have beaten every old SE club that came across. They are clearly well run and are savvy with how they spend and what they bring up through their juniors. Woori sacked their coach mid year. Wandin got on with winning.

Sacked their coach did they?
Interesting take.

I’m sure Woori have nothing to worry about going forward.

Get a few of their local boys back and maybe buy in a couple. Doubt they’ll be paying local kids big coin though.

Sacked their coach did they?
Interesting take.

I’m sure Woori have nothing to worry about going forward.

Get a few of their local boys back and maybe buy in a couple. Doubt they’ll be paying local kids big coin though.
Jack told after round 12 his service wouldn’t be required in 2024. What would you class that as?

You reveal your own ignorance.
Jack is quoted as saying he was told mid year he would not be the coach at Woori next year. That’s his quote. Are you saying Jack is lying?
It’s the worst kept secret in the universe that Donovan has that job and is taking Scharenberg with him.

Jack is quoted as saying he was told mid year he would not be the coach at Woori next year. That’s his quote. Are you saying Jack is lying?
It’s the worst kept secret in the universe that Donovan has that job and is taking Scharenberg with him.

You’re just making stuff up.

I guess it’s habit.

Literally quoted this week in the media. As for Donovan well you can believe what you like, but he’s got the gig. But you do you goose. I guess you can’t help or fix stupid.

Yes Donovan has the job congrats to him and beat a few worthy candidates too. What’s the issue can a club not appoint a coach?

Yes Donovan has the job congrats to him and beat a few worthy candidates too. What’s the issue can a club not appoint a coach?
Thanks for the late mail Sandra……
Still awaiting the “lie” and whatever written above was “making stuff up”. Doubt you’ll respond though, I guess it’s a habit…….

Laughable considering Scharenberg signed last week at Olinda

He’s throwing stones trying to hit something. Lied about Jack and makes out he was back doored.
Where was the term “back doored” used brain surgeon? He was told by Woori mid year that he would not be coaching the club in 2024. He chose to coach out the season. That’s a fact. Use whatever term you need to in order for you to comprehend it if you don’t want to use sacked. Would you rather “moved on”? “Delisted”? “Retrenched”?
You just can’t help stupid I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Emerald on their convincing win today at Healesville. Not sure I’ve ever seen a surface that good in any suburban footy, so we’ll done to all at Healesville. It does pose the question why our Premier competition is playing finals at Officer. The ground surface isn’t even close to the standard we all should be expecting so the drivers around venues clearly needs a review.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where was the term “back doored” used brain surgeon? He was told by Woori mid year that he would not be coaching the club in 2024. He chose to coach out the season. That’s a fact. Use whatever term you need to in order for you to comprehend it if you don’t want to use sacked. Would you rather “moved on”? “Delisted”? “Retrenched”?
You just can’t help stupid I suppose.

Interested to what club starts looking at the end of the season for new coaches. Also if a club comes to an agreement with their current coach early gives them a chance to get a new gig the next season. As I said Woori played in the GF last season and backed in their kids.
Maybe next season they’ll shell out big coin and they’ll be in the GF

Interested to what club starts looking at the end of the season for new coaches. Also if a club comes to an agreement with their current coach early gives them a chance to get a new gig the next season. As I said Woori played in the GF last season and backed in their kids.

Can’t make sense of the above post or what you’re asking or what you’re saying?
The playing the kids term seems to be a load of dribble or an excuse from my perspective. I watched the Woori V Wandin finals (both) and they both have young players. I feel Woori don’t have many options but to play some of their young v Wandin’s young are clearly capable. Depth always has plenty to do with it and I’m sure if Woori had more depth then some of the younger players might not be getting a run. They need time to grow and develop so this isn’t a knock more a timing issue. Can’t complete with likes of Narre on kids alone when Narre has a pool of kids that’s considerably deeper. Recruiting and retention play a massive part.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is priceless. So now you’re telling me that Woori did him a favour by giving him time to look for a new coaching job.
Jack himself has been quoted as saying he was both surprised and disappointed at the decision, but hey, don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative. As for the “Woori playing the kids” bullshit, good on them, Wandin did the same thing along with a bunch of locals, added some shrewd recruits and the results are for all to see. The aim
Of the game is to win, there’s a salary cap in place, if clubs can’t raise the dough to pay it or can’t recruit then bad luck. The noise around how many “kids” either club plays is just garbage, and the points system shows that.

Jack told after round 12 his service wouldn’t be required in 2024. What would you class that as?

I'm actually surprised he got to round 12. Massive amount of unrest during the preseason with many not liking the "old dinosaur" approach to coaching. With 6-9 senior players turning up to preseason training and having to forfeit a practice game due to a shortage of players. Quite remarkable that they got to the prelim.

This is priceless. So now you’re telling me that Woori did him a favour by giving him time to look for a new coaching job.
Jack himself has been quoted as saying he was both surprised and disappointed at the decision, but hey, don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative. As for the “Woori playing the kids” bullshit, good on them, Wandin did the same thing along with a bunch of locals, added some shrewd recruits and the results are for all to see. The aim
Of the game is to win, there’s a salary cap in place, if clubs can’t raise the dough to pay it or can’t recruit then bad luck. The noise around how many “kids” either club plays is just garbage, and the points system shows that.

Salary cap keeps getting rolled out like it’s relevant.

I'm actually surprised he got to round 12. Massive amount of unrest during the preseason with many not liking the "old dinosaur" approach to coaching. With 6-9 senior players turning up to preseason training and having to forfeit a practice game due to a shortage of players. Quite remarkable that they got to the prelim.
Which reinforces what I said. They’ve gone backwards. If that was the case then surely a strong well run club makes good decisions at the end of a season, you can’t tell me that they were shocked and surprised by this come February. Obviously they didn’t have their finger on the pulse up there in regards to their own playing list.
So which is it? Did they “back the kids” or did they just refuse to make the right decision with their coach and were unable to recruit? You can knock Wandin all you like but at the end of the day they clearly reviewed, saw what they needed and got better. Woori didn’t. Not quite sure what the ultimate Yarra Valley insider is banging on about.

Which reinforces what I said. They’ve gone backwards. If that was the case then surely a strong well run club makes good decisions at the end of a season, you can’t tell me that they were shocked and surprised by this come February. Obviously they didn’t have their finger on the pulse up there in regards to their own playing list.
So which is it? Did they “back the kids” or did they just refuse to make the right decision with their coach and were unable to recruit? You can knock Wandin all you like but at the end of the day they clearly reviewed, saw what they needed and got better. Woori didn’t. Not quite sure what the ultimate Yarra Valley insider is banging on about.

You’re the one taking pot shots at a club that’s got a hell of a lot more respect throughout the league unlike Wandin. Here’s a tip any monkey can recruit if they have no limits on what they can spend.

Last edited:
Was Emerald really, really good or was Berwick really, really bad??

Berwick Springs were lifeless didn't give a yelp. Ground was magnificent clearly the best venue in the entire comp.

Umpires well no idea the selection criteria but clearly it's not the best for the best games.

Berwick Springs were lifeless didn't give a yelp. Ground was magnificent clearly the best venue in the entire comp.

Umpires well no idea the selection criteria but clearly it's not the best for the best games.
Speaking of umpires the Woori v Wandin game there was quite a lot of laughable decisions. Particularly the Wandin interchange infringement.