Welcome Welcome Luke Jackson!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he really contracted next year? I can’t fathom what WC’s rationale for list management has been. The amount of broken down overpriced hacks they have & almost nothing under 25 besides Allen.
I believe he is, and they are full of hope that he "will be back".

Is he really contracted next year? I can’t fathom what WC’s rationale for list management has been. The amount of broken down overpriced hacks they have & almost nothing under 25 besides Allen.
They're not that far off apparently. Going to top up and have a go at the flag next year I hear.

Darcy Treacy go alright!

Jacko is more of an old fashioned ruck rover. Plays on the ball and pinch hits in the ruck but is not the 2nd ruck all the time. Darcy and Treacy works well with Jacko spending a reasonable amount of time in the forward line. It's nice to have options like those.

“I just love launching at the ball – it all starts from being a little kid playing king of the pack. I just want to keep growing my game down there (in attack).”

He’s 21 years old going on 12. Lol. Seriously, how can you not love this guy? He’s getting close to my buddy Serong in being my favorite player.

Good lord.

I have become a little giddy.

I really don't think you people understand. Luke Jackson brings back to us the very best part of us. Sure, he comes home essentially as some sort of giant demented labrador let out of the car after a very long drive and he's gonna run around in huge, highly destructive but highly entertaining circles f *cking all the food and eating all the furniture, but he is basically what would happen if you put Bomber Peake in TI Michael's body. He is the essence of all that is good about us. He's a Freo boy; bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and quite keen to just really turn it on.

He is an entertainment machine who makes things happen - and not in some Nebulous Naitanui "impact" kind of way. He stands on heads. He runs around elite, running-machine midfielders. He genuinely makes things happen. Good things.

I say the game plan instantly becomes "Wind him up, let him loose, get high on the pheremones."

Yes, James Brown, yes - we gave it up, now we turn him loose.
I rewatched the Bombers game today.

I wasn’t exaggerating. Jacko’s a ****ing freak. He stepped around the best midfielders Essendon can muster. He jumped on heads. If it wasn’t for the stupid ****ing momentum killer that is “score review” - brought to you using Fisher Price cameras - he would have had 4 goals.

And he’s just warming up.

I wasn’t exaggerating. Jacko’s a ******* freak. He stepped around the best midfielders Essendon can muster. He jumped on heads. If it wasn’t for the stupid ******* momentum killer that is “score review” - brought to you using Fisher Price cameras - he would have had 4 goals.

When we are getting beaten in the midfield, I want to see Jacko put in there as ruck rover. Good luck trying to stop Darcy tapping it to him.

Gawn and Grundy need to take notes
The problem is Gawn and Grundy are just ruckman.

Jackson on the other hand is a unicorn. He can play any position and do it well.

Grundy is showing everyone how difficult it is to play forward after being a ruck. Jackson can just naturally do it.

Robbo on a360 tonight said he reckons Jackson will be the best player in the competition by the time he is 25. Hard to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t exaggerating. Jacko’s a ******* freak. He stepped around the best midfielders Essendon can muster. He jumped on heads. If it wasn’t for the stupid ******* momentum killer that is “score review” - brought to you using Fisher Price cameras - he would have had 4 goals.

When I got home my son asked me how Jackson went .
I just said good kicked 3 yada yada. I watched the replay last night there was a period in the 3rd quarter where he just dominated and I didn't give him enough credit .
Had him in my best 4 on watching replay ranked him higher .
The goal was touched by the way on the mark not on the goal line.
Our game is silly on this BTW . These fingertip touches should not mean diddly squat , It's like cricket FFS.
If it crosses the goal line it is a goal , The sooner we bring this rule in the better .
Would stop all the interference and scragging on the goal line as the only way to save a goal would be to mark it or spoil it back into play.
Would save all this review BS as well.

I just said good kicked 3 yada yada. I watched the replay last night there was a period in the 3rd quarter where he just dominated and I didn't give him enough credit .
Our game is silly on this BTW . These fingertip touches should not mean diddly squat , It's like cricket FFS.
If it crosses the goal line it is a goal , The sooner we bring this rule in the better .
Would stop all the interference and scragging on the goal line as the only way to save a goal would be to mark it or spoil it back into play.
OMG you’re right, it’s completely unnecessary

The problem is Gawn and Grundy are just ruckman.

Jackson on the other hand is a unicorn. He can play any position and do it well.

Grundy is showing everyone how difficult it is to play forward after being a ruck. Jackson can just naturally do it.

Robbo on a360 tonight said he reckons Jackson will be the best player in the competition by the time he is 25. Hard to disagree.

Yes I saw that on 360

The more players that are multipositional on a list the better.

He is a ruck who is a rover who is a marking forward with a decent set shot.

His physical strength in the contest with Darcey of similar strength is a real plus.

So you'd be in favour of forwards just being able to punch the ball through for goals?

Every forward entry would end up being kick it as long as you can to the square and then try to rugby scrum it over the line.

Or would it only be touches from the opposition that don't count? Or only if the ball doesn't deviate in a different direction? In which case we're back where we started with replays and reviews to see who touched it or to make a judgement call on whether the flight path changed after the touch, etc.

Last edited:
So you'd be in favour of forwards just being able to slap the ball through for goals?

Every forward entry would end up being kick it as long as you can to the square and then try to rugby scrum it over the line.

Or would it only be touches from the opposition that don't count? In which case we're probably back where we started with replays and reviews to see who touched it.
No it is called football it must come off the boot. And the ball would have to come off the boot .
If a team mate takes it over the line it is a point .
Common sense is not very common in this game sometimes .
So the the simple breakdown is the last kick with an own goal exclusion (won't work in our game)

Last edited:
No it is called football it must come off the boot. And the ball would have to come off the boot .
If a team mate takes it over the line it is a point .
Common sense is not very common.

So what if a defender grazes their fist to it in a spoil instead of their finger tips, is that a goal? What if it's more than a graze and changes the direction of the ball slightly? Where do you draw the line between an incidental touch and a spoil? How much does the ball have to deviate before one becomes the other? And who makes that judgement? Back to instant replays?

And what if the forward also gets a touch on it? Still a goal? What if the forward is spoiling the backman going for the mark and grazes it but isn't deliberately punching it through?

A blanket rule of no touches allowed seems less messy than any alternatives to me.

So what if a defender grazes their fist to it in a spoil instead of their finger tips, is that a goal? What if it's more than a graze and changes the direction of the ball slightly? Where do you draw the line between an incidental touch and a spoil? How much does the ball have to deviate before one becomes the other? And who makes that judgement? Back to instant replays?

A blanket rule of no touches allowed seems less messy than any alternatives to me.
OMG you’re right, it can’t be touched off the boot

And what if the forward also gets a touch on it? Still a goal? What if the forward is spoiling the backman going for the mark and grazes it but isn't deliberately punching it through?

It's not that hard , It's a goal if the opponent don't send it back forward of the goal line line . It is a point if the last person to touch it is from the same team.
Just a footnote would stop all the rushed behinds and the silly 9 metre rule as well.

Last edited:
It's not that hard , It's a goal if the opponent don't send it back forward of the goal line line . It is a point if the last person to touch it is from the same team.
Just a footnote would stop all the rushed behinds and the silly 9 metre rule as well.
So score reviews would still be a thing then

Seems a pointless change

It's not that hard , It's a goal if the opponent don't send it back forward of the goal line line . It is a point if the last person to touch it is from the same team

That'll be fine for touched on the mark, but we're back to needing video reviews for the on the line stuff where it's hard to tell which hands touched it last. Or if the attacking team touched it at all in the contest (if that's to be the rule, rather than strictly last touch). I dare say uncertain goal umps would be calling far more reviews for that than they do under the current rules.

I don't think it would stop the goal line scragging either. If anything it would incentivise the forwards to provide interference rather than going for the ball because it's now harder for the backs to stop the goal going through.

Last edited:
Sorry let me rephrase , If a team mate is just trying to
That'll be fine for touched on the mark, but we're back to needing video reviews for the on the line stuff where it's hard to tell which hands touched it last. Or if the attacking team touched it at all in the contest (if that's to be the rule, rather than strictly last touch). I dare say uncertain goal umps would be calling far more reviews for that than they do under the current rules.

I don't see why you think it would stop the goal line scragging either. If anything it would incentivise the forwards to provide interference rather than going for the ball because it's now harder for the backs to stop the goal going through.
We are talking about balls that can't be marked only touched , So why would the forward even engage in a contest?

So what would constitute the touched/not touched line for you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back