• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

1674992595979.jpeg

100px-Kansas_City_Chiefs_logo.svg.png
vs
100px-Philadelphia_Eagles_logo.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it with you?
I really couldn't give a toss about who throws the ball better, we are debating the greatest quarterback of all time. Manning is not even close to Joe Montana yet alone Brady so why are you trying convince me otherwise?
What is "best" tho? Rings is a very weak argument. Barry Sanders and Walter Payton were the greatest RBs of their time. Sanders never sniffed a SB, and Payton only finally saw one at the end of his career. It's a team sport, and things like standard of D or dominant run game, OL, coaching, play a big part in why teams win championships, have dynasties, etc. Even special teams plays a part....like we saw today can be the reason a team won. Even last week, Chiefs vs Bengals

Is getting it done all on the QB? Did he blow the coverage that time against the Ravens or something?

Swap the quarterbacks on their teams- I don't know if Brady wins with the Colts, I'm very confident Belichik could win with that Patriots defence and Manning.

Belichick has now gone 18-20 when Tom departed.
And I don't for one second believe Peyton could have replicated what Tom did. I do think Eli could have done something special as he played his best football when playoffs came along. He obviously had stronger mental fortitude when it got close and butt cheeks were tense.

lol give me a break!
Honestly, absolutely dumbfounded some of the crap posted by you guys.
You are suppose to be NFL followers and here we are debating why Mahomes, Rodgers and Manning are better players than a bloke who is universally regarded as the Michael Jordan of his sport.

Mannings weapons were rarely the same anywhere else. I mean, he made a superbowl off the back of Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon.

He made Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme look like top 5-10 TEs

And I don't for one second believe Peyton could have replicated what Tom did. I do think Eli could have done something special as he played his best football when playoffs came along. He obviously had stronger mental fortitude when it got close and butt cheeks were tense.

lol give me a break!
You are suppose to be NFL followers and here we are debating why Mahomes, Rodgers and Manning are better players than a bloke who is universally regarded as the Michael Jordan of his sport.
FoqSvHoX0AAt5QR

And fuey is right. The MVP today was the Chiefs OL. The vaunted near record-breaking sack masters couldnt touch Mahomes all game. That was a hige reason why Chiefs won. Look at how the Bucs destroyed Mahomes a few years ago, thats how ineffective a QB is without an OL, and also why a team might not have a run game either (apart from Barry Sanders, imo, the Marino of RBs)....throwing everything at stopping him, and had no help from any other aspect of the team. Both players literally carried their teams thruout their careers but just couldnt go further in the playoffs due to lack of a team around them.

As Rod Woodson says, Marino would've won 10 SBs if the Steelers and their D/run had drafted him.

lol give me a break!

Jordan was undisputedly the best player in the league every year he played in his prime. Brady almost never was for his entire career.

And I just explained to you why Brady sits far out in front.
5 super bowl MVP's v 1.
11-6 all time record over Manning.

I mean it's not even close.

Manning 3-2 in playoffs. Guess Brady didnt have that clutch gene.

And I just explained to you why Brady sits far out in front.
5 super bowl MVP's v 1.
11-6 all time record over Manning.

I mean it's not even close.
Wins are not a QB stat.

Its a team game mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manning had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne for much of his Colts career....they are both elite. And Manning-Harrison combination broke tons of records.

Brady had gadget receivers for much of his early Pats career, why he was more supreme manager when Manning was putting up sexy stats
Manning changed the game with presnap stuff and hard counts.

I guess you could give Tom the Tuck rule.

I mean without Brady game managing like Trent Dilfer twice vs the Rams #1 offense in a Superbowl where would the Pats be?

Thats why he's so special.

Look, the simple thing is, QBs are all different types. Manning and Brady are not alike. Montana and Marino are not alike. They all are the best at their jobs, but they possess different skill sets and abilities. The right answer is not trying to separate them, rank them, one ahead of another due to this or that reason. But to appreciate them all equally. Tbh, i dont buy the Brady rubbishing or the Brady glorifying, or any of the elite QBs.

It's like talking to Skip Bayless on big footy.
I think Skip does it as an act. he isnt that delusional.

but then again that one last year where Shannon almost jumped the desk because Skip went personal because Shannon said Tom was over the hill.

Look, the simple thing is, QBs are all different types. Manning and Brady are not alike. Montana and Marino are not alike. They all are the best at their jobs, but they possess different skill sets and abilities. The right answer is not trying to separate them, rank them, one ahead of another due to this or that reason. But to appreciate them all equally. Tbh, i dont buy the Brady rubbishing or the Brady glorifying, or any of the elite QBs.

Shut up Switzerland

Back