Player Watch #10: Shane Edwards - Retiring at Seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the silkiest Tigers ever to grace the field. Hands quicker than lightning and it was only after watching the replay that you really appreciated the skills. Thanks for the entertainment #Shedda hopefully your part of a 4th flag to go out in style.

Thanks Shedda.png

Image courtey 4Boat on Twitter.

Thank you Shane for your service too the club and more importantly as a role model too your fellow indigenous team mates at the club past & present and the wider indigenous community.
Your a legend mate on & off the field.
Lambo & Shedda.❤️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the replay of the weekend's game and saw Edwards look away handpass that went to Bolton who then set up Cotchin for a goal. Te amount of times Edwards has done that through his career to make others look good around him, is nigh immeasurable. He was always a step ahead of everyone else, able to read the play and see things unfold before they even happened.

His leadership with the other Aboriginal players has created a massive core of X-Factor and talent around the club. He gave them a supportive mentor and inspiration model for them to aspire to become. His legacy, as much as his playing ability, was to guide many troubled but incredibly talented young indigenous players to become the best versions of themselves. I don't know if we would have invested so heavily in Indigenous players without his leadership and coaching.

I wish him all the best for the future but I don't think he will be lost to us. He has a great desire to coach and continue to be involved with the Institute so, like Maric and Lambert before him, he'll remain invested in our great club.

Good luck Shane. Thank you for the premierships, thank you for the moments of awe you provided and thank you helping set us up for the future!

I just watched the replay of the weekend's game and saw Edwards look away handpass that went to Bolton who then set up Cotchin for a goal. Te amount of times Edwards has done that through his career to make others look good around him, is nigh immeasurable. He was always a step ahead of everyone else, able to read the play and see things unfold before they even happened.

His leadership with the other Aboriginal players has created a massive core of X-Factor and talent around the club. He gave them a supportive mentor and inspiration model for them to aspire to become. His legacy, as much as his playing ability, was to guide many troubled but incredibly talented young indigenous players to become the best versions of themselves. I don't know if we would have invested so heavily in Indigenous players without his leadership and coaching.

I wish him all the best for the future but I don't think he will be lost to us. He has a great desire to coach and continue to be involved with the Institute so, like Maric and Lambert before him, he'll remain invested in our great club.

Good luck Shane. Thank you for the premierships, thank you for the moments of awe you provided and thank you helping set us up for the future!
He’s said to be very keen on list management and recruiting so I’m thinking we will give him a role in that area of the Club. Hope so

I was watching the sound the alarm video for the 2020 prelim video earlier.

In the dying stages of the game at one point Hardwick is like 'get Shane Edwards on the ground, you can't leave him sitting on the bench !'

Very important player across the flag years. With any luck, they continue this year.

Special gif request please k31th - I know it is amongst the other gif thread but the SHeds no look handball in the 3rd on Sunday to Lynch that led to Cotchin's goal - a gif of just that classic Edwards no-looker would be great...
Sheddas best
That toe poke too Cadds.
Best bit of play I've ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back