Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

If only the Aus tour was like this.
Imagine having a lead up event with similar calibre players, heading into the Aus Open.
I'd be putting in a call to Greg....c'mon lets resurrect Aus golf.
Greg can't put a field on like this mate.

Not sure the current LIV golf field/format would do a lot to supercharge our circuit. Maybe a few bogans might come out to watch Pat Perez?

Greg can't put a field on like this mate.

Not sure the current LIV golf field/format would do a lot to supercharge our circuit. Maybe a few bogans might come out to watch Pat Perez?
Yeah i know...just frustrated as to how our tour has become irrellevant.
Especially considering our depth of players is better than its ever been on both the m and f side, and we have the best courses in the world along with those in the UK.

Australian PGA needs to get the Aus open and Master's as opening events for the DP World tour mid late February (co sanction then with Aus tour) Middle of our summer and would be much better than tournaments in Dubai where they are watched by a handful of expats. Would be a start anyway , would be difficult to get a really top line field unless some sponsors put up some very significant prize money.
The ladies open and masters need to be reinstated again better earlier in the year. For bang for buck you could get a much better field than the men's equivalent and most of our top players are much more happy to play at home rather than the men.
Would be good to see that the Aus tour get DP playing rights for the top players at the end of season maybe 5-10 cards. Same with ALPGA getting tour cards for the LET.
I am sure we will have a LIV event sooner than later but it will be one a year maximum so there are plenty of options around that with legacy tournaments in Australia.

Would be a start anyway , would be difficult to get a really top line field unless some sponsors put up some very significant prize money.
The only real sponsors of golf tournaments in Australia are governments.

And they aren't about to compete with the largesse on offer in Dubai.

Love him or hate him, feel for the Shark not getting an invite to the 150th Open Dinner celebrations.
Seems fairly petty and childish to me.
What's he gonna do, sign up players while entree's are being served?
In the long run, LIV may be good for golf in general, just like Packer was for cricket

It will be interesting to see if Tiger’s comments re LIV players and their ability to play majors rings true.

His comments also show how the PGA has affected the world of golf with no consideration of the players that joined from the Asian tour. The money is that great on the Asian tour yet the expenses would still be quiet high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made the happy mistake of getting up for a piss and checking my phone. Saw he was within 3 after 8 holes and dragged myself out of bed thinking he's half a chance. Incredible back 9, one of the best rounds of golf ever played and he gets the Jug.

And now it seems he is off to the Sportswashers Tour so that dampens it a bit for me. How do others feel about it?

It will be interesting to see if Tiger’s comments re LIV players and their ability to play majors rings true.

His comments also show how the PGA has affected the world of golf with no consideration of the players that joined from the Asian tour. The money is that great on the Asian tour yet the expenses would still be quiet high
I wonder what the kids working in Nike sweatshops think of Tiger's sudden concern about where the money is coming from.

Made the happy mistake of getting up for a piss and checking my phone. Saw he was within 3 after 8 holes and dragged myself out of bed thinking he's half a chance. Incredible back 9, one of the best rounds of golf ever played and he gets the Jug.

And now it seems he is off to the Sportswashers Tour so that dampens it a bit for me. How do others feel about it?
Is it confirmed Smith is going? He has never really been a money chaser. He is a Queenslander though so Norman probably got in his ear

A LIV golf question after the biggest win in his career. I would have been annoyed as well. perhaps he is, but I wouldn't read much into his response.

It wasn't so much the initial question. If that had been it I wouldn't have read anything into it either. It was the follow up question where he was given an opportunity to deny he was leaving and couldn't think of a response before mumbling something about his team handling it. Tells me he is 100% considering it if not gone already. If you have no plans on leaving you flat out deny it every single time in response to the second question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back