NO TROLLS NO JAB NO PLAY POLICY

Remove this Banner Ad

This topic is worthy of sensible discussion. Take your trolling to Bay 13 and your conspiracy theories to the relevant boards.
This thread is about the AFL, staff and players, not about politics and anti vax rants.

Thank you

Last edited:
Young men in prime health with strict nutrition and fitness regimes being forced to have a vaccine against a virus that poses no danger to them. Madness
There was a UFC fighter (Khamzat Chimaev) in the peak of his career who, I promise you; is far fitter than 90% of the players in the AFL - who was hospitalised with COVID and briefly retired due to the severity.

It can have adverse affects on young, fit, healthy men.

You’d hate to see Serong get a particularly nasty bout of it and miss a year of footy, wouldn’t you?

Just not worth the risk, get vaxxed.

I would agree with you if the vaccine was effective, unfortunately it only offers a moderate reduction in the severity of the illness instead. The risk in young people is so low whether they are vaccinated or not

Really, studies seem to show Pfizer for example is 90% effective at preventing hospitalization and even better at preventing deaths.

I would say that's pretty effective.

Obviously, booster shots after 6 months are required to maintain this

Young men in prime health with strict nutrition and fitness regimes being forced to have a vaccine against a virus that poses no danger to them. Madness
May I direct you to this. Covid affects anyone no matter how fit or young you are.

Lucky bastards got to finish the season earlier than some to get it done.

Heh. Also had a bit of PR work to do the space - thanks Jaidyn.

But we're very pro all that sort of thing anyway. That we play Good Friday and do all kinds of associated RCH stuff, and that the Arden precinct is going to have a whole heap of medical facilities and institutes as part of the massive urban renewal will also have played a role.

Players can lose their livelihoods if they get caught with popular recreational drugs with no performance enhancing effect in their system on match day.

To me that's a far bigger issue that being required to take a vaccine against a deadly contagious disease - a vaccine that upwards of 90 per cent of the population is getting anyway, and many other have to get for work as well.

Mandatory vaccination for crowds makes it fair on all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens if (when) vaccinated players still come down with covid? Will we shut everything down again?
I think it will be more like what happens when a player gets gastro atm. They'll isolate away from the club, and come back when they're no longer infectious.

Heh. Also had a bit of PR work to do the space - thanks Jaidyn.

But we're very pro all that sort of thing anyway. That we play Good Friday and do all kinds of associated RCH stuff, and that the Arden precinct is going to have a whole heap of medical facilities and institutes as part of the massive urban renewal will also have played a role.
You would hope all of that stuff would make a difference towards the organisation's uptake of the vaccine, but it only takes one player or staff member to go against the grain.

Given certain players like the guy you mentioned have had it, it would surprise if there are more than a couple across the league who refuse. I'm pretty certain the clubs and the AFL would know how this is going to look too as almost all of the league is probably already done.

Mandate isn’t law.
Looking forward to the courts deciding that the AFL has no right to force a player to put an experimental substance in their body.
The AFL has the right to set standards for their employees. If their employees do not want to comply with these standards, they can seek alternate employment.

I once might have had some empathy for people choosing not to vax.

But given the scale of this pandemic - not just here but overseas as well - I have no sympathy for those choosing not to be vaccinated and couldn't care less whether they are allowed to play footy, go to a pub or swim at a pool.

I'm tired and sick of it all and just don't care about them - and I reckon I have about 90% of the population who are vaccinated who would probably agree with me.

Mandate isn’t law.
Looking forward to the courts deciding that the AFL has no right to force a player to put an experimental substance in their body.

Seem fine putting every party substance in their body I’m sure they can cope with a needle lol

Unfortunately, this vaccine does not provide herd immunity at present. The efficacy rate drops considerably after 3 months hence the booster marketing. Vaccinated people catch and spread Covid. Until they develop a better vaccine, not sure why mass vaccination makes people feel safer 🤷‍♂️

The majority don't get as sick having had the vaccine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back