Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Really ?
Personally I disagree. He wasn't great but he was also far from a problem. Showcased some bravery going back with the flight, as well as his smarts at times. I will say his skills didn't look as polished as I was expecting though.
Yeah I thought was ok, not his best but a pass.

Plus when your playing well enough to earn 17th ladder position .... defenders almost never get a rest the balls coming in so much

Not a good game tonight, reminded me of Majak last week, just absolutely nothing hit the way it should have and there were a few efforts in a contest situation that looked half-arsed.

He needs to really put his stamp on his position if he's gonna make it, and he's not playing like he's got that spot 100% since he's come back in.

How much impact will the injuries have on his versatility.
I know the player he is today isn’t the one we drafted but is he capable of being the lockdown defending, intercept marking and reliable distributor that we thought he would be?

Goes back with the flight every. Single. Time. Not sure people should be expecting perfection given his complete lack of any preparation or football in 2 years.
I have said before, he should be afraid after the injuries he has had but isn't. I see fully fit players giving less than him. They could take a cue from Ed I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EVW has shown enough to be on the list next year.

However depending upon what FA's we pick up e.g Corr and whether we play J Walker forward or back - EVW may not be best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back