The Law Public gatherings of more than two people are banned.

Remove this Banner Ad

The people on Bondi beach were doing nothing wrong. The ships were a fu**up of the government’s making.

the people at bondi were gathering in numbers because they didnt think the isolation rules applied to them

so awesome idiots, because of you lot the beaches get closed

the people at bondi were gathering in numbers because they didnt think the isolation rules applied to them

so awesome idiots, because of you lot the beaches get closed
If this virus can survive 30+ degree day in harsh marine environment then we may as well pack it in.

What they were doing was harmless.

If this virus can survive 30+ degree day in harsh marine environment then we may as well pack it in.

What they were doing was harmless.

yeah, because people dont breathe or cough on each other at the beach

We keep being told that masks don’t help, so if that’s a concern why are we given contrary information?

masks dont help when the healthy wear them. they do when the sick do

if bondi beach is a non issue, strange its a new hotspot for cases

What trash. People in Bondi also go to the supermarket, should we ban that?

People don't congregate and spend hours with their mates at Woolies

The stage two rules were simple, no congregating in groups, and people blatantly ignored it because they thought outdoors was different.

It's like the idiots crying about being in hotels for mandatory quarantine. They ask "why can't we self isolate?". The answer is because 30-40% of the idiots before you violated self quarantine

Unlike Singapore and Taiwan and Korea, we couldn't follow simple segregation rules because we all think we are special

Woolworths is indoors with thousands of people handling food, touching trolleys, other surfaces, etc. I know which place I'd be more likely to catch a virus, and it's not the beach.

And noone spends hours in there

Your faux outrage is getting boring and I have Pokemon lovers to tell at in the SFA

We're all going to be in some form of lockdown for at least the next 18 months, because that is the earliest we will have a vaccine.
There is not a hospital system in the world that could cope with hundreds of thousands of cases of CoVid at the same time.
The only way to get the pass-it-on-factor below 1 is for at least half the community to get it.
All they're trying to do is stop half the community getting it at once.
It will take a lot longer than 18 months to spread the virus to half the population so as to control it enough so that our hospital system can cope.

It hilarious that govts have been running advertisements with the message "get out and do exercise ya bums", but as soon as people are asked to stay home, suddenly they need to go out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't going to work.

Totes agree.

But.
Just like America, when people start dying left, right and centre, we will beg the govt to lock us down again.

It's implicit in govt policy, that this will be long term.
You don't spend $300bn on social welfare on a problem that you expect to disappear in 6 months.

It was a bribe.

Totes agree.

But.
Just like America, when people start dying left, right and centre, we will beg the govt to lock us down again.

It's implicit in govt policy, that this will be long term.
You don't spend $300bn on social welfare on a problem that you expect to disappear in 6 months.

It was a bribe.
If this virus is a permanent thing then we're just going to have to accept death rates akin to what they did prior to WW2 and the invention of antibiotics until everyone gets it. Worth trying a shutdown to beat it for a month or two, but if we're still not past it, better to just move on with our lives.

Atlanta V Valencia?
Mass gatherings like a banquet (as in Wuhan) or a football match (Italy), yeah. Disparate groups in open air on the beach on a sunny day? No way the virus lasts that long in those conditions. Like I said, supermarkets are far more dangerous. I have serious germaphobic about trolleys now.

Mass gatherings like a banquet (as in Wuhan) or a football match (Italy), yeah. Disparate groups in open air on the beach on a sunny day? No way the virus lasts that long in those conditions. Like I said, supermarkets are far more dangerous. I have serious germaphobic about trolleys now.

Woolies have a dude stationed at the trolleys with spray & wipe, you can ask them to give it a once over.

If this virus is a permanent thing then we're just going to have to accept death rates akin to what they did prior to WW2 and the invention of antibiotics until everyone gets it. Worth trying a shutdown to beat it for a month or two, but if we're still not past it, better to just move on with our lives.

Should have done that at the start.
4 weeks and we're heading into peak flu season, would be a massive gamble to abandon lockdown then.
September, at the earliest, we'll see some lifting of restrictions.

I disagree about football matches as I don't know how else to explain Italy and Spain, but I agree completely on supermarkets, and by extension home deliveries. We must get 6-8 Amazon and assorted deliveries here each day for the last 3 weeks (day 16 of lockdown today). I had to go to the tobacconist today for my boss and buy 20 packs of his, 5 of mine and 5 of my wife's.. They don't have bags.. Then I had to get 3,500 cash out of an atm(which takes 3 different cards and withdrawals). I had 3 sets of gloves in my pocket, but how the **** do I manage to do all that and not infect anything. It's ridiculous.

Burn my clothes, burn the money, burn the tobacco, burn the car, burn the keys... Burn me.

But yeah, supermarkets are probably becoming THE most central place to be, and thereby the most likely to transmit. Everyone and everything is going through there.

I disagree about football matches as I don't know how else to explain Italy and Spain, but I agree completely on supermarkets, and by extension home deliveries. We must get 6-8 Amazon and assorted deliveries here each day for the last 3 weeks (day 16 of lockdown today). I had to go to the tobacconist today for my boss and buy 20 packs of his, 5 of mine and 5 of my wife's.. They don't have bags.. Then I had to get 3,500 cash out of an atm(which takes 3 different cards and withdrawals). I had 3 sets of gloves in my pocket, but how the fu** do I manage to do all that and not infect anything. It's ridiculous.

Burn my clothes, burn the money, burn the tobacco, burn the car, burn the keys... Burn me.

But yeah, supermarkets are probably becoming THE most central place to be, and thereby the most likely to transmit. Everyone and everything is going through there.

It's certainly a conundrum. Just do our best I reckon and use common sense. I do feel for the young adults being in lockdown. Couldn't imagine it back in the day not being able to go a bit crazy on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

It's certainly a conundrum. Just do our best I reckon and use common sense. I do feel for the young adults being in lockdown. Couldn't imagine it back in the day not being able to go a bit crazy on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
You forgot Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back