Injury Naitanui's knee

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's not Gov it's Shep or Willingham.
Fact is our best defensive form in the time Simo has been here has been with a relatively undersized defence
sheppard in particular has seen a hige career turnaround since simmos arrival. Very underrated defensive unit. Hopefully simpson doesnt cave in and play mcgovern in the ruck, he is a massive weapon for you guys down back.

Hey guys
Thoroughly outplayed us last night (although your home crowd needs to be educated a bit :p)

Just wondering if Subiaco has been resurfaced recently?
Generally when any sportsperson does an acl it's because their leg has stuck to the ground as they jump
Both NicNat and cegs in one game, on the same side of the ground...

Hey guys
Thoroughly outplayed us last night (although your home crowd needs to be educated a bit :p)

Generally when any sportsperson does an acl it's because their leg has stuck to the ground as they jump

coincidence,_that's-140946.jpg

sheppard in particular has seen a hige career turnaround since simmos arrival. Very underrated defensive unit. Hopefully simpson doesnt cave in and play mcgovern in the ruck, he is a massive weapon for you guys down back.

I do wonder if he could play more of an old style of ruck whereby he plays a kick behind the play, allowing him to continue intercepting a lot of the kicks I50.
Don't think it's overly realistic however in the current state of play.

Im gutted and wish this did not happen hoping for a speedy recovery... can we trade someone for majak daw

Any chance natanui will be back around round 12-15 next year?
Get some match fitness in the wafl and then come in round 20 and hit the finals hopefully with us sitting in the top 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys

Not that I've heard, but one does have to ask the question I guess! Very coincidental. However do remember in years gone by when Jakovich and Worsfold did their knees on the same corner at the other end of the ground (I think) although different games. I think at the time it was nicknamed ACL corner or something similar. Probably these occurrences are all purely coincidental and just plain bad luck. I have been told that if a player does an ACL it's a injury which is just waiting to happen as the weakness is probably already there and all it takes is a sudden change of direction or landing from a jump.

Will NN get the same hate as mackenzie when he returns?
What a silly thing to say! I wouldn't say that Mackenzie gets hate - it's just that the some supporters are frustrated and probably expecting too much at this stage of his recovery. At the moment he seems to have lost a bit of confidence in his body (which is normal seeing as it's his first year back from doing his ACL) and secondly Ezy is having difficulty in adapting to Simmo's Gameplan which has changed from when he played pre-injury. Maybe it was said with tongue in cheek;)

Ugh this is so lame. Sheed and NicNat just starting to hit form and now he's lost for 18 months. So shit.
Why do you say 18 months - it's normally only 12 months unless there is a set back. From my understanding he should be back 12 months from date of surgery which means he misses 2017. He should be back at the latest for pre-season 2018.

Going by your comments obviously from Freo supporter/s? What do you expect if true. They are a sad lot!
Not too sure, might be heaps of those non eagles non freo WA types who hate our guts. Very disheartening tbh, never seen someone cop so much crap after doing their knee before. Ruined my night reading the PerthNow FB link. looks like its been cleaned up a bit tho.

Any chance natanui will be back around round 12-15 next year?
Get some match fitness in the wafl and then come in round 20 and hit the finals hopefully with us sitting in the top 4?
Physically and from knee stability point of view 7 months everything is ok to go. Mentally and learning to trust the knee, well that's a whole different issue any why certain players come back faster/slower than others. A very individual thing.

gardiner? not really

Worsfold? not the same

Jako? he was ok but not his best

Mainwaring? Nope

Le Cras? alright

mackenzie? still to be seen

mitch brown? nay

who else from wce

Max gawn and taylor walker have been good however theyre completely different players to nic nat, i reckon hell come back ok but his leap wont be the same

Actually Gardiner had some really good games when he moved to St Kilda - carried their ruck for some time from memory and St Kilda were going very well at that time.

Both Worsfold and Mainwaring did their knees in the twilight of their careers.

Le Cras had other injuries upon returning (arm) which probably hindered him, but I think he has gone okay. It's just that Simmo played him more in the midfield rather than purely as a forward. As much as Le Cras has been inconsistent this year probably due to losing a yard in pace, he went alright in 2015.

Mitch Brown was unfortunate to do his knee again so we didn't get a real good look at him when he came back from doing it the first time.

Jako was used more as a forward when he returned - probably was not as agile but still played okay until such time he realised that he had had enough.

Every player is different so I say let's wait and see - no need at this stage for all the negativity. With some players it's in the genes (eg Morabito). The most important thing is that the operation is performed by a top Neurosurgeon whether that be here in Perth or over east. I think Nic's leap will be a matter of confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back