Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Big boy. Keep it up :thumbsu

You're just about the same height as me. You really need to disregard weight and just focus on what you see in the mirror. For me scales weren't a good representation. When I first started ripped was like 63, now 3-4 years later ripped is 70.
Ideally, what I see in the mirror and my goal weight should be around the same thing. A guy I train with is my height, but is a beast at 61-64kgs in every sense of the word. The way I see it - 66-68 is a pretty reasonable assessment which should see the bf% drop a little for muscle to show.

Height: 172 cm
Weight: 69 kg
Bodyfat: No idea, used to be quite low but have put on a bit of weight recently
Qualifications: Certificate 1&2 in Sports and Recreation
Sports: Fencing (Sabre and Foil)
Supplements: None

After a few years being sick and injured (Glandular Fever, Whooping Cough, Shingles, Two Stress Fractures to Vertebrae in my back, Escalator Spike through my knee (Punched a hole through my patella), Stretched Labrum in Shoulder causing constant dislocation) I managed to get back to fencing last year and I plan on going to state and national level competitions this year.

Yesterday I got diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis, but I want to manage the injury this year and continue competing.

My ultimate goals are to get my weight levels down to 58-63 Kilos and ultimately make myself fit enough for high level competition again (After so many injuries and time outs I have grown rather unfit sadly).

Height: 165 cm
Weight: 56 kg
Bodyfat: My scales at home say 28 - 30% but not sure how accurate they are.
Qualifications: None.
Sports: None.
Supplements: Creatine.

Been training at gym for 10 months.

Squat: 75kg x 8
Deadlift: 60kg x 8
Bench: 45kg x 10

I managed to leg press 300kg for 5 reps the other day and was pretty happy :)

I really enjoy pull ups/chin ups. I can now do 6 unassisted which is pretty good I thought :p

Not sure what I want to do yet, thinking of competing in 2015 but see how this year pans out. Really want to focus on my diet this year.

Attachments

• Back2.jpg
    Back2.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 7

I really enjoy pull ups/chin ups. I can now do 6 unassisted which is pretty good I thought :p

Not sure what I want to do yet, thinking of competing in 2015 but see how this year pans out. Really want to focus on my diet this year.
Haha I doubt you are 30% body fat if you weigh 56kilograms. That means you have close to 20kilos of fat. Thats just silly. From the limited photo I'd say 15% max but its hard to tell with girls. They usually only get to about 10% body fat at their lowest compared to men who get to about 5%

So nice to see a fellow female on here! Inspirational with the 6 chin ups - I'm still on 2 before I fall off and die*!!!

*might be an exaggeration.

Thanks guys! I still have a fair bit of fat on my tummy but yeah, I thought 28% - 30% was a bit high. I think I might *possibly* be 23% but yeah. I'll need to go get a DEXA scan.

So nice to see a fellow female on here! Inspirational with the 6 chin ups - I'm still on 2 before I fall off and die*!!!

*might be an exaggeration.

Haha, thanks! I found doing negative chin ups helped me out a lot :) It's a great feeling being able to do them!

Thanks guys! I still have a fair bit of fat on my tummy but yeah, I thought 28% - 30% was a bit high. I think I might *possibly* be 23% but yeah. I'll need to go get a DEXA scan.

Haha, thanks! I found doing negative chin ups helped me out a lot :) It's a great feeling being able to do them!

Just going off your pic, 23% still sounds quite high! I think I'm at 17/18 which is what the general consensus was and I am by no means ripped. There's a photo guide a few pages back, but I can't imagine you'd have a toned back/arms and a flabby stomach!

My stomach is my major weak point though, I'm toned up the top it's more my lower stomach that is un-toned. And way too embarrassed to post a pic of my stomach yet. Your stomach is way more toned then mine :) :thumbsu:

The rest of me is quite muscular and toned though, I've definitely noticed the biggest difference in my butt, have definitely got the squat booty going on :)

My stomach is my major weak point though, I'm toned up the top it's more my lower stomach that is un-toned. And way too embarrassed to post a pic of my stomach yet. Your stomach is way more toned then mine :) :thumbsu:

The rest of me is quite muscular and toned though, I've definitely noticed the biggest difference in my butt, have definitely got the squat booty going on :)

Either way the upper body looks great! Well done.

Either way the upper body looks great! Well done.

Thanks :) Pretty happy with my arms progress, got my friend to take a pic last night.

Attachments

• Arms1.jpg
    Arms1.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised he didn't say amazing face :p.

Good work with the pullups btw. And fwiw, Dexa will report a higher body fat % due to how they calculate the numbers, so don't be upset if it's higher than you would otherwise expect.

You're also supplementing with creatine, so you're likely holding excess water you could shed to look leaner if you wanted to.

Good work with the pullups btw. And fwiw, Dexa will report a higher body fat % due to how they calculate the numbers, so don't be upset if it's higher than you would otherwise expect.

You're also supplementing with creatine, so you're likely holding excess water you could shed to look leaner if you wanted to.

Dexa will report higher than what? Than what you actually are?

Bathroom scales body fat % are rubbish and dexa is the most accurate way to measure body fat %

i don't know why you'd waste your cash on a dexa scan...does it matter if your 8, 10 or 12%? well the number doesn't but if you wanna look like it then train down until you look like you want to look...i've no problem with bathroom scales because even if they're out it if says your 3% down then you're still 3% down

Well I'm quite sure my scales are wrong, they've said I've been 28% - 30% for over 12 months and my body most definitely has changed. I'll probably get a DEXA scan down the track just to see a more accurate result.

:)

Nice arms, great butt too. You look really good.

tumblr_lc2gc6U16e1qeue3vo1_400.gif

Correct, bathroom scales are rubbish! I certainly feel they're likely a waste of time, even reporting on using the same scales.

Dexa will report a higher body fat percentage than other reliable methods, such as callipers, due to how they treat things like organs. The number itself is higher. If you were to look at how an average person was to look at 8%, 12%, 15% etc, you'd probably expect your dexa scan numbers to be lower than what they report.

Interesting, i thought dexa was the most accurate way, as callipers can vary depending on the person using them, which is why you need the same person doing it each time.

i don't know why you'd waste your cash on a dexa scan...does it matter if your 8, 10 or 12%? well the number doesn't but if you wanna look like it then train down until you look like you want to look...i've no problem with bathroom scales because even if they're out it if says your 3% down then you're still 3% down

I've had 4-5 scans, the first time was to see the amount of lean muscle and fat i had. The next 9-10 months i tried a few different diets and training programs and wanted to see how my body changed. But i'm at a point now where i know what works for my body and getting a good idea where my body fat is at.

Hows everybody's going....

Squats have gone up from 125x5 (3 sets) to 135x3 (3 sets). I am currently leg pressing 290x10-12 (4 sets). The thing I have found with squats is you have to be switched on 100%. If your mind is somewhere else then forget about doing them. I'm still at 95kg on the bench. Probably 2-3 weeks away from repping out a 100kg. :D. Deadlifts are getting stronger everytime I do them. Will hopefully put some more another 10kg on in a couple of weeks. Will keep the thread posted:).

Weight belts, Does anybody here us them. I have ordered one as my lower back is starting to tighten up. Anybody go for regular massages. I got one booked this weekend. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back