RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyones staying Doons. All sorted weeks ago.

So the players were all told what was happening as they signed, strange at least one of the players didn't give Jamie the heads up he was gone :confused:

So the players were all told what was happening as they signed, strange at least one of the players didn't give Jamie the heads up he was gone :confused:

I never said they were told that. I said Everyones staying and are happy to play under a champion of our club. Thats all from me on this topic. Moving on U available to be assistant Doons?

I never said they were told that. I said Everyones staying and are happy to play under a champion of our club. Thats all from me on this topic. Moving on U available to be assistant Doons?

Haha I think there's a lot better blokes than me around for roles like that, surely you've seen Kilmore's results the past two seasons :(

Doona2 said:
Haha I think there's a lot better blokes than me around for roles like that, surely you've seen Kilmore's results the past two seasons :(
Need to bring back the A team, me you and Gav like in the 18s interleague.

All sunbury boys signed except a couple and only 1 of them is ex Rupo. I am also in talks with some of the current young blokes from Rupo too and also several young lions. It's silly season like someone mentioned above And i have spoken to a heap of potential players who are also talking to Rupo, Riddell ect. Until they are signed its all rumors. Bish also cleared to play several months ago, so massive bonus for us there.

Need to bring back the A team, me you and Gav like in the 18s interleague.

Don't think we won a game then either ha ha

Our elected captain of that squad, Alex Desmond won our B&F last night from Rick Saunders, Nick Sheldon and Rob Peckham. Connor Devine won our reserves award from Matty Lazarev, all in all an enjoyable night and a chance to thank a lot people for sticking at it over the past 2 years.

Officially have passed the baton onto Jarrad now and I wish him well :thumbsu:

Don't think we won a game then either ha ha

Our elected captain of that squad, Alex Desmond won our B&F last night from Rick Saunders, Nick Sheldon and Rob Peckham. Connor Devine won our reserves award from Matty Lazarev, all in all an enjoyable night and a chance to thank a lot people for sticking at it over the past 2 years.

Officially have passed the baton onto Jarrad now and I wish him well :thumbsu:

Any rumors of players returning Doona?

What about the Pretty boys? Did hear early in the week that Rupo were trying to get them back

Rumor is one of the pretty boys are very close to signing at rupo could be a case of get 1 and you get the other but not sure on which pretty is close to signing

Ryan pretty has signed a contract last week and he is certainly a required player. Jarrod has been very open and honest about talking to Rupo, we will know early this week what his decision will be.

Ryan pretty has signed a contract last week and he is certainly a required player. Jarrod has been very open and honest about talking to Rupo, we will know early this week what his decision will be.

A question out of interest. With local footy how much do these contracts actually mean ? If say Ryan wanted out of his contract to play else where is it likely that he is able too ? Surly a club wouldn't stand in the players way ?

We at Rupertswood would love to have all players back and we are doing everything we can to ensure this aim is achieved over the next couple of years.

Love the honesty as well Sunba97 Very refreshing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question out of interest. With local footy how much do these contracts actually mean ? If say Ryan wanted out of his contract to play else where is it likely that he is able too ? Surly a club wouldn't stand in the players way ?

There are more and more cases now of the authorities ruling in favour of the contracted club and not player. I'd personally never hold a bloke who didn't wanna be there, but Airport West springs to mind as one club after they forced Tucky and Sean Gordon to sit out games in 2011 then Kilmore had to actually cough up something to release them so yeh they can be forced to stay in some cases.

I find it quite interesting reading about wanting past Rupo players to return. After the way some members of the club spoke about players after leaving. From memory only one player had something nice said about him. Why would they want to return?

There are more and more cases now of the authorities ruling in favour of the contracted club and not player. I'd personally never hold a bloke who didn't wanna be there, but Airport West springs to mind as one club after they forced Tucky and Sean Gordon to sit out games in 2011 then Kilmore had to actually cough up something to release them so yeh they can be forced to stay in some cases.

Thank you for clearing that up Doona.

All sunbury boys signed except a couple and only 1 of them is ex Rupo. I am also in talks with some of the current young blokes from Rupo too and also several young lions. It's silly season like someone mentioned above And i have spoken to a heap of potential players who are also talking to Rupo, Riddell ect. Until they are signed its all rumors. Bish also cleared to play several months ago, so massive bonus for us there.

seems a lot of interest in rupo players considering there is only 1 ex rupo player available at sunbury

I'm sure if any past players of a club "wanted" to return to their home club they would have no trouble in doing so. Like blues 12 mentioned above when these players first left over 4 years ago there were very few nice words spoken about them, they are all great blokes and some of them have become fantastic players. As for "Rupo" players I have personally played in a flag with several of them so as far as the Sunbury Kangaroos football club and myself are concerned they are just as much Sunburys players for life as they are ex Rupo.

Just watching from outside I would have thought Rupo have more pressing needs than some of the ex players anyway. These guys will undoubtedly take up money when their needs lie in other positions. Gregory would be handy as a much needed defender but they really need some top liners. Lets be honest they were found wanting this season. They didn't beat a top 4 side. They have promise but they need some real match winners.

2014 Predictions:
Premiers: Riddell
Runners up: Romsey
Bowen: Tuckey
Biggest Improver: Rupo
Biggest Slider: Melton
Top 6:
Riddell
Romsey
Diggers
Rupo
Sunbury
Macedon

2014 Predictions:
Premiers: Romsey 10+ goals
Runners up: Diggers (again) sorry simmsy
Bowen: Paul Sahlberg (if he stays)
Biggest Improver: Romsey (well done mongrel)
Biggest Slider: Sunbury

Top 6:
Riddell
Romsey
Diggers
Rupo
Macedon
Sunbury

I agree with the order of you top 6 toucha, except Sunbury but only because the rest of the comp is not competitive. diggers with easy road to gf finishing 3rd.

If Diggers dont win it in the next year or two surely a massive amount of coin would have gone down the drain, Tuckey, Sims, Laurie, Heritage, The new ruckman... all of these players will probably be at other clubs or retired, The window is closing on them I feel... Maybe they can become the Sydney Swans/Barcelona of the competition and just throw cash to buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back