KDFL 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i
Anyone keen at having a crack at what clubs are spending this year? There are a few $ being chucked around.

I will have a go not including the coach.

Longwood and Ardy $25k - $30k

Undera and Tally $30k -$35k

Rushy and Gig $35k - $40k

Avenel $35k - $45k

Lanky and Nagambie $60k - $75K

Merrigum $75k - $90K

VT $90k - $100K

Stanhope and Murch $90k - $110K
r3 i reckon VT would be spending well over the 90k-100k mark!!

What would everyone think of a interleague system where the following leagues would participate .
O&KFNL, TDFL, PDFNL, KDFNL, HUME and southern NSW league, Riverina FL
Leagues would be ranked amongst this group .

What would everyone think of a interleague system where the following leagues would participate .
O&KFNL, TDFL, PDFNL, KDFNL, HUME and southern NSW league, Riverina FL
Leagues would be ranked amongst this group .

The snout not only plugs in the trough .. the Pig Trotter does too?
Fev is playing in a major league ok. What are these Collingwood Maguire “Prince Eddies” doing playing district footy for George’s sake! At Violent Town.. After one day wonders such as Akerdickwit in O&K, Koutaphuckwho? In Picola Upside Down and The big fat Rocca and Roller who distorted the KDFL League ladder construction. It makes me feel that a bloke from Tarra ..wha’ go rootna .. got away with an unfair decision .. yeh right. Just like Murch bloke who punches the Merrigum bloke’s head to break bones and the fairies at the bottom of the garden saying it was “in the play” .. no penalty what so ever!!!
Yeh Carrot is making a comment but as far as I’m concern you w***ers are disappearing up you own egotistical arse and once my footy Club is crucified .. by pharwkin’ Jesus.

I will be writing every week in my now retirement from no work at my age to get the DISTRICT footballers tax returns audited by the ATO. So you pharwkwit Club officials who reckon you have your pieces of contract papers .. start getting with-holding tax in place for your loser subbies before John Carrot dies a happy old dumb ****ing dickhead!! With Luv John Carrot (in the North East Phone book ..you dumb Big Footy blogger dick heads!)

Good to hear from you again JC! Gotta agree with most of what you wrote. Especially the bit about VT. How on earth is it possible for someone to go from playing in the greatest league on the planet to one of the lowest ranked leagues in the state after the clearance cutoff date? If a seconds player from Ardy or anywhere else is banned from clearing to another club after June because of fairness how is it fair to allow a player from the AFL to do it? Good for the league? Get stuffed! Close the loophole.

I've been to a VT home game this season. The crowd was underwhelming. You can buy premierships but you can't buy a soul.

Fev is playing in a major league ok. What are these Collingwood Maguire “Prince Eddies” doing playing district footy for George’s sake! At Violent Town.. After one day wonders such as Akerdickwit in O&K, Koutaphuckwho? In Picola Upside Down and The big fat Rocca and Roller who distorted the KDFL League ladder construction. It makes me feel that a bloke from Tarra ..wha’ go rootna .. got away with an unfair decision .. yeh right. Just like Murch bloke who punches the Merrigum bloke’s head to break bones and the fairies at the bottom of the garden saying it was “in the play” .. no penalty what so ever!!!
Yeh Carrot is making a comment but as far as I’m concern you Moos are disappearing up you own egotistical arse and once my footy Club is crucified .. by pharwkin’ Jesus.

I will be writing every week in my now retirement from no work at my age to get the DISTRICT footballers tax returns audited by the ATO. So you pharwkwit Club officials who reckon you have your pieces of contract papers .. start getting with-holding tax in place for your loser subbies before John Carrot dies a happy old dumb ******* dickhead!! With Luv John Carrot (in the North East Phone book ..you dumb Big Footy blogger dick heads!)

Welcome back JC :thumbsu:

Firstly welcome back J.C , I understand if you can afford it spend it etc etc but (and this is only my thoughts) if they come straight out of the Afl mid season they should go to one of the top 10 leagues .
In saying that it has been made to standout more due to Tarrant and Kinnear (although he's been out of AFL for awhile) , anyway you can only do what you do with what you've got

You must have been to the wrong game cocko, you team mustn,t have much of a following.
$4,500 gate today sold out The kiosk and the bar.
And a late news flash after we finished serving 150 meals 2 barrels of beer and copious amounts of spirits we moved down to the Ellen France's hotel to meet up with the kyabram footy club were Benny Johnson signed up Paul Newman for next year.

Yeh Carrot is making a comment but as far as I’m concern you Moos are disappearing up you own egotistical arse and once my footy Club is crucified .. by pharwkin’ Jesus.

I will be writing every week in my now retirement from no work at my age to get the DISTRICT footballers tax returns audited by the ATO. So you pharwkwit Club officials who reckon you have your pieces of contract papers .. start getting with-holding tax in place for your loser subbies before John Carrot dies a happy old dumb ******* dickhead!! With Luv John Carrot (in the North East Phone book ..you dumb Big Footy blogger dick heads!)
To you JC, concentrate on selling your home buddy as I know from longwood people you don't speak on their behalf. If these guys choose to play at our club then so be it, jealousy is a curse and you knockers need to get over it...Obviosly Charman Ave, Wine and you don't mix..Dickhead, do you have a mirror..

Good to hear from you again JC! Gotta agree with most of what you wrote. Especially the bit about VT. How on earth is it possible for someone to go from playing in the greatest league on the planet to one of the lowest ranked leagues in the state after the clearance cutoff date? If a seconds player from Ardy or anywhere else is banned from clearing to another club after June because of fairness how is it fair to allow a player from the AFL to do it? Good for the league? Get stuffed! Close the loophole.

I've been to a VT home game this season. The crowd was underwhelming. You can buy premierships but you can't buy a soul.
As if your opinion counts buddy, piss off and crawl back under your log. As for the soul, what would you know, the only soul you will see is when I slip a boot in your A&&SE.. As for the game today, Nagambie were fantastic and will go along way come finals, hung around and were great at the post match get together...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aside from any personal attacks, JC may have a few valid points. Clubs with an ABN making player payments should be collecting and lodging tax declarations. If a declaration is not provided then withholding tax should be applied to any payment and then claimed back at tax time. Now, how many clubs have this kind of person power available? Precious few. Solution? Lobby the AFL to provide, free of charge, software to run club budgets and provide necessary data, then make a club resolution to pay a Secretary/Manager to run the books.

Caught the 2nd half of the Grand Final preview yesty;) , close game, both sides had 3-4 top liners out that will bolster them come the finals, very pleased I took the $4.25 on offer for Stanhope to win the flag last week, should come tumbling in now!:thumbsu:

That's bullshit

Settle mate, I didn't hit like and/or are supporting his comeback post, but as a non bias KDFL follower with probly and Avenel interest (if any) I just like the $hit stirring that goes on whenever JC graces these pages.

I'm all for what you're doing by the way, and as you say jealousy is a curse. If clubs can sustain what they're doing then good luck to them, just as long as club's don't fold as a result of going over the top with their expenditure.

Club's will continue to spend whatever they deem they can afford, the only change I can see coming into vogue is the role of a football manager/club secretary may in time become a part time "paid" role. Committee's are getting harder to rustle up, so a few bob to someone to handle the business so to say could be the way to go.

If ya chasing one jax you got my number ;)

Aside from any personal attacks, JC may have a few valid points. Clubs with an ABN making player payments should be collecting and lodging tax declarations. If a declaration is not provided then withholding tax should be applied to any payment and then claimed back at tax time. Now, how many clubs have this kind of person power available? Precious few. Solution? Lobby the AFL to provide, free of charge, software to run club budgets and provide necessary data, then make a club resolution to pay a Secretary/Manager to run the books.

Thanks to Woody, Jax13, Doona2, The Harry et al for all of the feed back .. but my anger of the destruction of minor league footy in country Victoria has not diminished.

For instance, Jax.

Why not next year buy all of Euroa players you can to VT and play in your desired “professionally paid” competition of Major league footy in the GVFL.

The remaining guys from Euroa seconds can come to a beaut club like Longwood to play 2.00 pm footy on a Satd’y arvo. For cripes sake we three could also arrange permits before June 30 to allow the best and better to rise to the league of their ability?

I don’t dispute players getting cost recompense to come to small country Clubs. The attractions can be in the cost fields of travel, family accommodation and meals and drinks with transparent BoG Awards on Satd’y night to .. say, the top eight.

It used to be like that not long ago y’know. But now I despise seeing recent 18 year old young wankas stand at the best fire drum in the KDFNL at Longwood on a Thursday night at the start of a season and say, “Yeh I’ll play for a guaranteed $500 per week and come to training on Thursday night.” Then shower and piss off before sunset on a Satd’y at a home game in July!!

John Carrot

It used to be like that not long ago y’know. But now I despise seeing recent 18 year old young wankas stand at the best fire drum in the KDFNL at Longwood on a Thursday night at the start of a season and say, “Yeh I’ll play for a guaranteed $500 per week and come to training on Thursday night.” Then shower and piss off before sunset on a Satd’y at a home game in July!!

John Carrot
Well said Carrot, it's a shame footy has come to this I used to play just for the enjoyment of the atmosphere after a game. 'Local' country footy is D.E.A.D.......... R.I.P.

I have no doubt that at some stage over your illustrious career you would have been a club official of a pharwkwitt background that was involved on a committee that would need to be audited by the ATO for dubious payments to 18yr old wankas that piss off early on a saturday

Well said Carrot, it's a shame footy has come to this I used to play just for the enjoyment of the atmosphere after a game. 'Local' country footy is D.E.A.D.......... R.I.P.
I'd rather go and watch a game of country footy than AFL
Better still come and watch the Towners where due to 3 local ex AFL players returning to their home club just for the love of it you can watch both

I'd rather go and watch a game of country footy than AFL
Better still come and watch the Towners where due to 3 local ex AFL players returning to their home club just for the love of it you can watch both

Or pay $20 for a Yarrawonga membership where you can see at least four ex AFL players every week in the seniors and reserves against opponents in a competition that tests their talent. In fact, depending on the opposition, you may even get six or eight ex AFL combatants. Might even be worth the $12 entry (match program included).

What's lost in all this is the fact that Tarrant kicked a decent 'bag' and both Kinnear & Johnson got in the best and they only just won! I can't imagine any KDL side has ever been able to boast 3 ex-AFL players in the same team, especially when 2 of them are pretty fresh out of the big league.

I think it shows the quality of the league this year that VT could put such a good side together & Nagambie are still ultra competitive against them. Plus, looking from afar, the mainland are looking ominous as the team to beat.. Maybe recruiting Matt Johnson was the master stroke..?

For what it's worth I admire John Carrot's passion, but I think there's an equally as compelling argument to make that money is SAVING country footy, not least for the fact that it raises the interest & their simply isn't enough local players to go around..

Hey Sparra You guys got another x AFL player you are not telling us about? Tarrant is from Mildura,Born in 1980 then went to Bendigo Pioneers , then drafted to Collingwood in 98 so what year was he a local player at VT ? Mmmmm :eek: :eek:

Hey Sparra You guys got another x AFL player you are not telling us about? Tarrant is from Mildura,Born in 1980 then went to Bendigo Pioneers , then drafted to Collingwood in 98 so what year was he a local player at VT ? Mmmmm :eek: :eek:

All tongue in cheek from Sparra Speedy, none of the AFL boys are locals to VT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back