Goulburn Valley General Thread 2011- 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Bradrowe I love your spiel about Rochy but mate back in 1992 and 1999 every club played more locals than, times have changed, like in 2008 when the club had 8 imports, that's around average...so please dont give us the great spiel on how Rochy play the locals and all that crap, every single club has the great story you wrote on how good this and that local was back than, miller, watson, mcphee bla bla bla, every club has those stories...they spend as much as anyone and are spending a lot more this year than last year...

Carry on...

What a load of garbage I'm reading, Rochy spend over 200k most years

Last year Campbell, Bowen, Brain, Obrien, Mcglindan, Moon, Watson, Wanganeen etc etc all on huge money

Not to mention there coach Peter White who is rumoured to be on $35k to coach...

Just because there facilities are disgracefull and there footy jumpers are 97 years old does it mean they don't spend money!!!

What a load of crap...

Carry on

I will accept Campbell, brain and mclindon in the big coin category, Bowen no thou
And it shows just how little u know, wanganeen wasn't even on a payment! All he ever got payed was for the win like all the other 18-19 year olds in the team
U r a long way off the mark with 200k

If
Bradrowe I love your spiel about Rochy but mate back in 1992 and 1999 every club played more locals than, times have changed, like in 2008 when the club had 8 imports, that's around average...so please dont give us the great spiel on how Rochy play the locals and all that crap, every single club has the great story you wrote on how good this and that local was back than, miller, watson, mcphee bla bla bla, every club has those stories...they spend as much as anyone and are spending a lot more this year than last year...

Carry on...
If u look at the outs from last year with the ins this year even a simpleton like yourself can see tht they r spending no more than last year!

Even a simpleton like yourself can see that they are spending anymore than last year??? What???? Calling me a simpleton...do you speak en glush?

Someone (maybe Ringo) said Albury are spent. Not so sure about that. Big ruckman from SA country just signed. By the way no disgrace losing tilt at 4th flag by 12 points. Especially with Fev factor which was a bit unreal.
yes Albury will still be a major contender, but Yarrawonga are looking so strong , cashed up from the Fevola show in 2012,have lost a minority of players and already gained 3 quality recruits from the VFL ,plus ex Richmond player , Pettifer.

Last year Campbell, Bowen, Brain, Obrien, Mcglindan, Moon, Watson, Wanganeen etc etc all on huge money

Not to mention there coach Peter White who is rumoured to be on $35k to coach...

Just because there facilities are disgracefull and there footy jumpers are 97 years old does it mean they don't spend money!!!

What a load of crap...

Carry on

Rubbish.

Let's say Rochy had 10 players getting $500 per game. For 20 games that would be $100,000. Last year's team included about eight players under the age of 21. So where's that other $100k come from?

Carry on...

They obviously don't otherwise why are there clubs like Euroa, Benalla, Shepparton etc. that are seemingly shit for an extended period?

Carry on...

Rochy do a very good job at recruiting and best of luck to them.

But their club rooms are run down. Could you imagine the money the wonderful ladies could make with a proper kitchen.
There's only so many BBQ and salads you can take for tea on their social nights.
It's the one put off for me.

And I have be a paid up member and sponsor of Rochy for over 10 yrs

"Let's say Rochy had ten players getting $500 a week that equals $100,000" haha you idiot, let's say, let's say, in other words you have no idea Bradrowe...

What about the coach ($35,000)
What about assistants?
What about the other 11 players that take the field? No one plays for nothing even if it's $100 a game each it quickly adds up...

So there's my $200,000 a year that Rochy continually spend

"Let's say Rochy had ten players getting $500 a week that equals $100,000" haha you idiot, let's say, let's say, in other words you have no idea Bradrowe...

What about assistants?
What about the other 11 players that take the field? No one plays for nothing even if it's $100 a game each it quickly adds up...

can guaranteee you the top 5 certainly earned more than $500 a game

Ca

What about assistants?

Can guarantee u, the assistant coaches r on zilch!
Everyone one of your post so far have been so far off the mark tht I'm starting to realise u have no idea what the coach is on and just speculating and making up numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably more than 5 but at the other end of the scale u have 10 blokes who only get paid $100 when rochy win,
Saves a bit of cash

Can guarantee it is more than 5 - and can also say it is well more than the $500 bandied around

The point i was trying to get to was not that Rochy spend it (like most other clubs) but how they raise the funds for such a small town. no disrespect but the shopping strip is struggling. Benalla is probably 4 times the population and Seymour maybe the same. Echuca is booming. Rochy punch above their weight for a whole lot of reasons i guess and for many years now. Culture, home grown talent, management etc... fundraising. Apart from a major raffle can anyone list great fundraisers that they know work for clubs?

The point i was trying to get to was not that Rochy spend it (like most other clubs) but how they raise the funds for such a small town. no disrespect but the shopping strip is struggling. Benalla is probably 4 times the population and Seymour maybe the same. Echuca is booming. Rochy punch above their weight for a whole lot of reasons i guess and for many years now. Culture, home grown talent, management etc... fundraising. Apart from a major raffle can anyone list great fundraisers that they know work for clubs?

Goods and Services Auctions are always big revenue raisers

What a load of crap...

Carry on

I reckon your half right. 180-200K is what they spend but how much did Tatura pay out last year and United? How much are United and Ky paying this year. Around $300K last year and this year I am lead to believe which when you look at it 30-40% more than Rochy.
Rumours are just that. Eagle on $2200 a game. Carey $1150 a game. Wall to Tatura $1600 a game. Ky spending $320K for players this year. Once again all rumours and probably so far from the truth but who really cares. You have it or dont but dont put Rochy in top tier of spending as you couldnt be further from the truth.
Just that all rumours so move on.
By the way Rochy jumpers all replaced with jumper sponsor last year so when did you last attend a game?

Watch this space about facilities as obviously you need sports grants from local and state government for these. Plenty of ordinary facilities in the league so not alone there.

I reckon your half right. 180-200K is what they spend but how much did Tatura pay out last year and United? How much are United and Ky paying this year. Around $300K last year and this year I am lead to believe which when you look at it 30-40% more than Rochy.
Rumours are just that. Eagle on $2200 a game. Carey $1150 a game. Wall to Tatura $1600 a game. Ky spending $320K for players this year. Once again all rumours and probably so far from the truth but who really cares. You have it or dont but dont put Rochy in top tier of spending as you couldnt be further from the truth.
By the way Rochy jumpers all replaced with jumper sponsor last year so when did you last attend a game?

Watch this space about facilities as obviously you need sports grants from local and state government for these. Plenty of ordinary facilities in the league so not alone there.
well said, other clubs spend more but who cares its their money.

well said, other clubs spend more but who cares its their money.

We seem to always haggle about who gets paid this and how much clubs spend. Given the GV is the No 1 league in country footy we would expect clubs to spend some good dollars in putting sides together. In comparison to
albury and yarra we would still be way behind. wang rovers budget 350k and was behind those 2 in 2013. love your "pick a figure for Ky" and go with 320K. Evan when they played in back to back GF's their playing budget was less than half of this. Can garuantee you Ky would not be in the top 4/5 of playing budgets in the league. Newman, Ogden and Morgan play for alot less than the going rate for players such as these in the GV.
What do you think mansfield spend to get their Melb boys together? Would be big coin I can tell you.

Not sure why so many feel the need to pot Rochy on here. I had many a run in with Rochy players on the field back when I played but have nothing but respect for how the club goes about it's business. It's a credit to the good people of Rochester that they are able to compete with the bigger citiess in the district.

The Wards Earth moving boys used to pump a heap of money in as well as employ half the team. Back in the day dirty used to give his money back to pay for extra players.

The Wards Earth moving boys used to pump a heap of money in as well as employ half the team. Back in the day dirty used to give his money back to pay for extra players.
A club like Rochy should be congratulated on their success-they raise funds, recruit good players and promote locals. if you can sustain it then good luck and well done!

Ringo have you got anymore breaking news stories like the one you wrote "Buckley confirmed at Echuca"? Haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back