APS season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Skevs 20.18.138 def 8.3.51 Geelong college
Skevs with 5/6 out, still managed to come away with the win thanks to kanakis and hunter tearing the gc defense apart. Young gun jack Holden showed how tough he was by continually getting knocked around and just brushing it off to keep on pushing against the bigger body's. Skevs looked short headed by dimattina but were just too good. It will be interesting when they come up against a big side.
Best for skevs: matheson, kanakis, Scott, hunter.
Anyone got the scores from the other games?

I didn't realise they all played in the same team... Oh wait they didn't. I've heard that Rioli from Xavier is a player. Here's my ladder prediction:

1. Xavier
2. St Kevins
4. Caulfield
5. Geelong College
6. Wesley
7. Scotch
8. Geelong Grammar
9. Melbourne Grammar
10. Haileybury
11. Brighton

Yep, sounds good mate.
To all those 'Xavier For Premiership' muts out there, I hope you're not too disappointed that your predictions are down a creek without a paddle. GGS got up over the 'mighty' black and red army by 30 odd.

Looks like geelong might also be able to walk the walk. SKC and MGS looking the goods though with those big wins.

Full credit to Scotch for putting up a really strong fight against the strongest Carey outfit. Going by superstars Carey definatley have the upperhand with the likes of Jaskch, Hrovat and Viney. Scotch not lacking stars either with some really strong year 11's such as Billings, Franetic and Maginess. Too bad they pulled up short. Xavier have just about thrown the premiership already, congrats must go to geelong grammer, maybe we have all underestimated your capabilities. Not sure what to make of Halibury comfortably rolling Caufield... most are unsure what to expect from both those schools. St Kevin's absolutly smashing Geelong is no surprise, with St Kevins forward line starring with the likes of Hunter, Kennedy, Kanakis, Dolan and C.Gleeson. And finally Melbourne have clearly turned the tables from last year with an admirable win over the Wesley outfit. Great weekend of football, can't wait for round 2!

Carey have 6 vic metro players and mgs 5 as of the current squad. Will be interesting to see how they go in vm rounds.

I didn't realise they all played in the same team... Oh wait they didn't. I've heard that Rioli from Xavier is a player. Here's my ladder prediction:

1. Xavier
2. St Kevins
4. Caulfield
5. Geelong College
6. Wesley
7. Scotch
8. Geelong Grammar
9. Melbourne Grammar
10. Haileybury
11. Brighton
what is your ladder prediction now mate... after all these results

Full credit to Scotch for putting up a really strong fight against the strongest Carey outfit. Going by superstars Carey definatley have the upperhand with the likes of Jaskch, Hrovat and Viney. Scotch not lacking stars either with some really strong year 11's such as Billings, Franetic and Maginess. Too bad they pulled up short. Xavier have just about thrown the premiership already, congrats must go to geelong grammer, maybe we have all underestimated your capabilities. Not sure what to make of Halibury comfortably rolling Caufield... most are unsure what to expect from both those schools. St Kevin's absolutly smashing Geelong is no surprise, with St Kevins forward line starring with the likes of Hunter, Kennedy, Kanakis, Dolan and C.Gleeson. And finally Melbourne have clearly turned the tables from last year with an admirable win over the Wesley outfit. Great weekend of football, can't wait for round 2!

Langdon, easily best for grammar, Jackson Paine's brother simply a thug year 11s really lfting, Wesley showing nothing again....., heard st Kevin's were dominant all day strong performance from 5,6,8,35 cutting up Geelong, hunter and kanakes best again, did James Stewart play for scotch?

From what i have heard down at GGS they had a great win by 30 odd, over a team which some predicted to win, they are caring all there momentum into there big derby match against Geelong college, i would be sure to watch out for GGS this year not be to underestimated.

Full credit to Scotch for putting up a really strong fight against the strongest Carey outfit. Going by superstars Carey definatley have the upperhand with the likes of Jaskch, Hrovat and Viney. Scotch not lacking stars either with some really strong year 11's such as Billings, Franetic and Maginess. Too bad they pulled up !

Maginess was out injured. We're you even there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be a massive game at Corio next weekend, Grammar v College. GGS coming off the back of a big win over Xavs, GC coming out of a doing over by Skevs. Expect crowds of 1000+. This weekend should further prove that GGS have been severly underestimated

HY 12.13.85 def CAUL 8.9.57
CY 11.10.76 def SC 9.15.69
MGS 17.17.119 def WC 6.6.42
SKC 20.18.138 def GC 8.3.51
GGS 13.15.93 def XC 9.13.67

Round 1 Played Won Lost Bye Draw Points Place
CY 1 1 - - - 2
GGS 1 1 - - - 2
HY 1 1 - - - 2
MGS 1 1 - - - 2
SKC 1 1 - - - 2
CAUL 1 - 1 - - -
GC 1 - 1 - - -
SC 1 - 1 - - -
WC 1 - 1 - - -
XC 1 - 1 - - -
BGS - - - 1 - -

Anyone keen to give their tips for the upcoming round?
BGS v Wesley
GC v GGS
Scoth v Haileybury
Caulfield v Skevs
Xavier v MGS

BGS to beat Weasley
GGS to beat GC
Scotch to beat Haileybury
Skevs to beat Caulfield
MGS to just beat Xavier
round 2

BGS to beat Weasley
GGS to beat GC
Scotch to beat Haileybury
Skevs to beat Caulfield
MGS to just beat Xavier
round 2
Agree with all of the above except for MGS beating Xavier.

Get set for a very intense game down at the Roche, two traditional APS heavyweights playing for a lot more than points. After Melbourne's deplorable season last year and when all was seemingly lost, they managed to spark up against the Xavs and come away with a gutsy win.

The fire will still be in the belly for Xavier and will be desparate to not only get some pride back, but also stay alive for a crack at the Premiership.

It should also be noted that the fair-weather Xavier supporters (most notably those on BigFooty) seem as though they have already managed to hop off the First XVIII bandwagon for 2012. With this being the first official game on their home turf, this Saturday I do expect them to win.

In saying this, if Melbourne manage to come away with the Max Brenners, then the wheels of the bandwagon will well and truly fall off.

:):D:rolleyes::footy:despite the geelong comments and having a good win over xavier, premierships arent f*&king won in may! many games will be interesting this round including melbourne and xavier, and wesley vs brighton :heart::thumbsu:

chooksback

i'm really looking forward to seeing how carey go this season - traditionally haven't been that good but with a good spine of key players in that team who knows...

anyone else think they can have a real crack this season?

i'm really looking forward to seeing how carey go this season - traditionally haven't been that good but with a good spine of key players in that team who knows...

anyone else think they can have a real crack this season?
A

All depends on how their "non-stars" are. St Kevins showed last year that to win an APS premiership its not about the amount of stars you have. Carey will struggle through the vic metro rounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back