KDFL - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone on here from longwood can shed some light on how they're travelling? I've heard they have taken about 3 players from nagambie and also one of avenel's best players!

I know its very early in the piece but i thought a few people might want to have a crack at early premiership odds for 2011. Clubs such as VT and Rushy seem to be picking up players whereas Nagambie and Undera seem to be losing a couple. Does the top 5 stay the same? Will Avenel, Tally, Girgarre and Murch push for a spot? Does Stanhope climb back up to KDFL dominance? Does Lancy finally crack itself into a Grand Final? Or does a dark horse side such as Merrigum, Ardmona or Longwood snare a finals spot?

I know its very early in the piece but i thought a few people might want to have a crack at early premiership odds for 2011. Clubs such as VT and Rushy seem to be picking up players whereas Nagambie and Undera seem to be losing a couple. Does the top 5 stay the same? Will Avenel, Tally, Girgarre and Murch push for a spot? Does Stanhope climb back up to KDFL dominance? Does Lancy finally crack itself into a Grand Final? Or does a dark horse side such as Merrigum, Ardmona or Longwood snare a finals spot?

VT
Lancaster
Rushworth
Undera
Stanhope

These teams to make up the top five, in no particular order

Geez Lamaro and Sage alone are gunna be guns

Is that Daniel Sage Doona?? I imagine it is, blokes a gun. Pretty sure he was runner-up in the Morrison medal a few years ago for Euroa. Last I heard he had retired due to work (cop).. Thumping left foot kick and a similar player (and size) to Stuart Dew. Cracking bloke too.

Impressive start by VT, and looks like they've chosen a good year to do it, with last years top 3 all losing players. Stanhope will still find a recruit or 2, and hopefully Rushy sign a couple of the blokes they're still talking to, but overall you'd have to say VT will go in confident next year.

Is that Daniel Sage Doona?? I imagine it is, blokes a gun. Pretty sure he was runner-up in the Morrison medal a few years ago for Euroa. Last I heard he had retired due to work (cop).. Thumping left foot kick and a similar player (and size) to Stuart Dew. Cracking bloke too.

yeh mate believe so :thumbsu:

sage is clearly the pick of the players going up from mernda if he didn't go down with injury would of won the comp medal easy. But dont get 2 carried away with 8 blocks signing mernda were an average div 2 team. And ive heard only 4 of them were permanent 1's players.

Just wondering if anyone on here from longwood can shed some light on how they're travelling? I've heard they have taken about 3 players from nagambie and also one of avenel's best players!
G’day Wade
John Carrot recovering from a lesion on the brain .. called the CabSavMerlot effect of summer footy deprivation .. and too many outdoor bbq’s!! But looking forward to the first Ashes test starting Thursday.

Longwood are same as 1971. Second year after re-formation.

But big news is the 500 ticket at $100 Harley Cycle raffle to be drawn at the White Hart Hotel in Longwood on Frid’y night 26 Nov-10.

I would have bought a ticket but the bloody thing doesn’t have an ashtray!! Plus I’ve been told that if you want to listen to the radio on a motorbike you have to turn it up REALLY LOUD!!

But it is worth a $100 ticket in a ceiling of 500 and “strewth”!! That’s God’s truth .. there are only about 50 tickets left which will probably go off on the evening of this draw at the White Hart Hotel in Redlegs Country.

A reason I propose it is that if you contribute .. it’s the Longwood Redlegs major raffle. Yet you can take the bike for your Club. Pay a good dollar to a syndicator then raffle it for your Club again.

Don’t you luv major raffles?

Cheers
John Carrot:thumbsu:
Ps I promise more footy news from Redlegs Stadium before Christmas

PPs For Two Thous Eleven, VT Train look a bet to get on now. They will be big with Haydon L .. and company, maybe ask Dean C.? More info required from Trotter JaxBac and Warren Sparra maybe???

sage is clearly the pick of the players going up from mernda if he didn't go down with injury would of won the comp medal easy. But dont get 2 carried away with 8 blocks signing mernda were an average div 2 team. And ive heard only 4 of them were permanent 1's players.

Seniors, Seconds, Thirds, Netballers and families of aforementioned - we take them all at VT and yes we do get a little bit carried away when footballers and netballers want to move to our club.

Photo in todays Euroa Gazette listing players recruited so far -
Hayden Lamaro, Daniel Sage, Taygen Sage, Marcus Saddington, Dale Saddington, Dvid Rigney, Luke Germanchis and Jay Peerson.

Seniors, Seconds, Thirds, Netballers and families of aforementioned - we take them all at VT and yes we do get a little bit carried away when footballers and netballers want to move to our club.

Hayden Lamaro, Daniel Sage, Taygen Sage, Marcus Saddington, Dale Saddington, Dvid Rigney, Luke Germanchis and Jay Peerson.

Info on players Sparra? Tall, Small, Forwards, Backs, Midfielders etc?

Hey sparra, but who have you's lost, I see Robbie Montgomery has left to play at Tat, who else? & how does the outgoing quality weigh up against the incoming? Now Now dont be bias!! :D:thumbsu:

Confirmed in todays Shepp News that along with Lamaro to Coach VT, Eddie Sheils - Nagambie and Ricki Shiner - Longwood. All Senior Coaching positions now filled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Info on players Sparra? Tall, Small, Forwards, Backs, Midfielders etc?

Both Hayden Lamaro & Daniel Sage are guns that will work through the midfield.

Quick summary of the others: Taygen Sage - Battler, Marcus Saddington -handy with good skills, Dale Saddington -gun CHB, David Rigney - handy midfielder, Luke Germanchis - likely to be in the early game,
Jay Peerson - gun key position back.

Very handy additions for VT.

Hey sparra, but who have you's lost, I see Robbie Montgomery has left to play at Tat, who else? & how does the outgoing quality weigh up against the incoming? Now Now dont be bias!! :D:thumbsu:

Yes Robbie is living in Tatura but it would have been nice to get another year out of him. Gezza Ryan has retired at the moment. Tim Ross will be in Benalla if work committments allow(is that being biased). Scotty Ellis to Perth. Ryan Smyth to London.

And further to your comments Scribe, I am pretty sure that Guy Morphett (Euroa) signed on the weekend

And further to your comments Scribe, I am pretty sure that Guy Morphett (Euroa) signed on the weekend[/quote]

Is that Drew's son?:D

And further to your comments Scribe, I am pretty sure that Guy Morphett (Euroa) signed on the weekend

Is that Drew's son?:D[/quote]

And building a pretty handy home in the strathbogie rangers, all he would need to do is get over kevin view and it would be all down hill to violet town.

Sounds like VT building nicely at the moment, and finals experience with the elemination final last they will be primed!!

Been abit quiet on here of late. Was wondering how many, if any sides have got going with pre season training? Avenel and Lancy get underway this week. Are there any other sides starting up soon or are clubs looking at beginning after the new year?

Been abit quiet on here of late. Was wondering how many, if any sides have got going with pre season training? Avenel and Lancy get underway this week. Are there any other sides starting up soon or are clubs looking at beginning after the new year?
vt been going for 2 weeks, had a training run today ( sunday ) with all the Melbourne guys and things look ok..

Both Hayden Lamaro & Daniel Sage are guns that will work through the midfield.

Quick summary of the others: Taygen Sage - Battler, Marcus Saddington -handy with good skills, Dale Saddington -gun CHB, David Rigney - handy midfielder, Luke Germanchis - likely to be in the early game,
Jay Peerson - gun key position back.

Very handy additions for VT.

pearson, rigney and germanchis all in the 2s...

wouldn't call d saddington a gun, reliable at best, m saddington good skills, nothing else, t sage is the best defensive backman of the lot.

lamaro and sage awesome players, but are ageing!

wouldn't call d saddington a gun, reliable at best, m saddington good skills, nothing else, t sage is the best defensive backman of the lot.

Will be interesting to see how they go, if nothing else they provide extra depth and competition for spots. I've heard differing reports on Dave Rigney, wouldn't be surprised if he had a good year in the 1's, especially in a side that is dominant.

Rushy's recruiting is continuing to go a long nicely, with Jason Webb and Sam Nelson signing at the meet the coach day. Both will be great acquisitions and there's still talk of a few more who are deciding after christmas.

Bit of a harsh critic IMO, they all looked like walk up starts at training yesterday to me, and I'd go further and say that the majority of the new boys looked pretty much a class above the rest of the team... I think they'll slot in well and do alright at KDFL level. Not only will they slot in well to our team and help us win games, but they're ripper blokes too!

Stanhope not saddling up till Jan 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back